Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may have been posted already but I'm too lazy to look back to see if it was.

Say what you will about Twisted Sister but they made excellent videos back in the day.

BTW: The song starts around the 2:30 mark

wHz-vDsKyiM

muMcWMKPEWQ

how great were The Spiders From Mars-Mick Ronson's group

Nice clip. Ronson's band, huh? I always thought bassist Trevor Bolder looked like a total nut with those "mutton chops", which he still sports, by the way. He wound up as the long time bass player for one of my favorite bands from the 70s, Uriah Heep. That isn't him in the clip below--it's one of my bass idols Gary Thain (RIP)--but I like how Easy Livin' rocks.

m4o--q6xuvs

Nice clip. Ronson's band, huh? I always thought bassist Trevor Bolder looked like a total nut with those "mutton chops", which he still sports, by the way. He wound up as the long time bass player for one of my favorite bands from the 70s, Uriah Heep. That isn't him in the clip below--it's one of my bass idols Gary Thain (RIP)--but I like how Easy Livin' rocks.

m4o--q6xuvs

yea they were The Rats From Hull...which was Mick Ronson's band..thus The Spiders from Mars I always liked The Wizard by Uriah Heep-which brings back cool memories of hanging out with my older brother after he got back from Nam and I turned into a pot smoking hippie-we meshed pretty well together

yea they were The Rats From Hull...which was Mick Ronson's band..thus The Spiders from Mars I always liked The Wizard by Uriah Heep-which brings back cool memories of hanging out with my older brother after he got back from Nam and I turned into a pot smoking hippie-we meshed pretty well together

You just taught me something. I always thought Bowie put the band together. I had no idea it was Ronson's band. Thanks, SFJ.

Humble Pie

Natural Born Woman

This one's a classic from way back when. Note an impossibly young Peter Frampton. The immense talent of Stevie Marriott is missed. RIP. L.S.: Note another drum prodigy, Jerry Shirley. Enjoy this one, all.

WAZlf_9ObLg

Good stuff.

muMcWMKPEWQ

how great were The Spiders From Mars-Mick Ronson's group

Wow, those are some crazy mutton chops

Humble Pie

Natural Born Woman

This one's a classic from way back when. Note an impossibly young Peter Frampton. The immense talent of Stevie Marriott is missed. RIP. L.S.: Note another drum prodigy, Jerry Shirley. Enjoy this one, all.

Dude! Find of the week! Is that ever classic.

Dude! Find of the week! Is that ever classic.

Thanks, NJ. More than the Stones, in my opinion, Humble Pie was the first of the British groups that fully grasped the vibe and feel of black, American blues players. Plus, they could just rock and jam their a$$es off.

Humble Pie

30 Days in the Hole

fwWEoMM4PDY

Not so much blues players, per se, UFO were one of my favorite "unknown" groups from the 70s. Michael Schenker--brother of Rudolf from The Scorpions--is an amazing guitar player.

Mp9SYNNeAmo&feature=related

There is a nice live performance of this song by UFO that won't imbed. Here it is should you want to check it out. It's worth it just to see Schenker play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJoj-sWYvU&feature=related

Nice^

I'm looking for Cactus but not having much luck trying to find the song I want. Here's BBA. This was actually supposed to be the original Superstition but Steve got it out sooner. Beck wrote the riff and as usual he was pretty pissed. That was the original story I read in an interview with Carmine Appice but Wiki is saying that Stevie wrote it for Beck. So not sure the story now but I would believe the drummer of the band over wiki in this instance.

aBpSeyk1z4o

Archived