Ty Law Signs With Kansas City

PatsFanTX

Patrick Surtain and Ty Law as starting CB's and you don't think that defense is better than last year? :shock:

Because their offense is so explosive, the Chiefs do not need a top 10 defense to be a serious threat in the AFC. All they need to do is be a middle-of-the-road defense and not on the bottom.

Very dumb post Smizz. #-o

I don't get it?

I was mocking shane for saying they didn't get better.

Reread my post slick

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until any kind of link shows up to support this thread (of which the title should be changed) I still think we have a good shot.

Paragraph from a Fat Pasquarelli article last night:

New York also is in discussions with free agent cornerback Ty Law, formerly of the New England Patriots, and the Jets might now be the front-runner to secure the four-time Pro Bowl performer. Jets officials have stayed in touch with Law and his representatives over the last few months and the level of discussions has escalated a bit. Law's agents are also speaking with other clubs, notably the Jacksonville Jaguars, but no team has yet offered a deal commensurate to what the 10-year veteran is seeking.

Until any kind of link shows up to support this thread (of which the title should be changed) I still think we have a good shot.

Paragraph from a Fat Pasquarelli article last night:

New York also is in discussions with free agent cornerback Ty Law, formerly of the New England Patriots, and the Jets might now be the front-runner to secure the four-time Pro Bowl performer. Jets officials have stayed in touch with Law and his representatives over the last few months and the level of discussions has escalated a bit. Law's agents are also speaking with other clubs, notably the Jacksonville Jaguars, but no team has yet offered a deal commensurate to what the 10-year veteran is seeking.

I'm feelin pretty good about this right now. I like our chances, I really do.

It doesn't sound like a deal with be completely done for a few weeks when Ty Law shows he can turn, run, jam, cut on a dime, etc etc

If we signed Ty Law dont you think we might have to cut somebody to make room for him?

It doesn't sound like a deal with be completely done for a few weeks when Ty Law shows he can turn, run, jam, cut on a dime, etc etc

If we signed Ty Law dont you think we might have to cut somebody to make room for him?

Yes, Justin Miller. :mrgreen:

Yes, Justin Miller. :mrgreen:

Absolutely. Along with a few restructured contracts as well.

CLASSIC

This is just too funny.

Lets say we sign Ty Law, and the Jets badly need to cut/restructure the contracts of a few players

OK, who was it again that was lobbying the Jets FO to go after Ty Law????

CURTIS MARTIN

He better restructure his damn huge contract if we sign Ty Law

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS, CURTIS!

Absolutely. Along with a few restructured contracts as well.

CLASSIC

This is just too funny.

Lets say we sign Ty Law, and the Jets badly need to cut/restructure the contracts of a few players

OK, who was it again that was lobbying the Jets FO to go after Ty Law????

CURTIS MARTIN

He better restructure his damn huge contract if we sign Ty Law

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS, CURTIS!

I'm still really torn on the idea of signing Law. He could be an enormous help this year, or he could be a bust and a serious pain in the cap.

Still, I can't help but feel that I like our chances in the opener if Law's on our team, and not on KC.

I'm still really torn on the idea of signing Law. He could be an enormous help this year, or he could be a bust and a serious pain in the cap.

Still, I can't help but feel that I like our chances in the opener if Law's on our team, and not on KC.

I am a conservative person- I have big worries about a CB that still can not get on the field to practice full time yet with camp just around the corner. I have too many bad memories of my Rangers in hockey and Mets in baseball of older players getting big contracts and being failures

I am a conservative person- I have big worries about a CB that still can not get on the field to practice full time yet with camp just around the corner. I have too many bad memories of my Rangers in hockey and Mets in baseball of older players getting big contracts and being failures

I'd like the jets to sign Law..But I'm not going to go crazy if we do or if we don't..

Jon Abraham is more of a difference maker. We need Jon Abe on the field. He makes the whole defense better.

I'd like the jets to sign Law..But I'm not going to go crazy if we do or if we don't..

Jon Abraham is more of a difference maker. We need Jon Abe on the field. He makes the whole defense better.

Someone should whisper to Ty that Gunther Cunningham is going to make him go man to man on Randy Moss down the field all day in that defense and that Donnie H will put him in a nice zone package against the mighty David Givens. Hmmmm, where would YOU go if you're an aging corner with a suspect wheel?

Someone should whisper to Ty that Gunther Cunningham is going to make him go man to man on Randy Moss down the field all day in that defense and that Donnie H will put him in a nice zone package against the mighty David Givens. Hmmmm, where would YOU go if you're an aging corner with a suspect wheel?

Gunters scheme with that all out blitz, corners on an island scheme. IMO that would really make Ty Law look like sh**. Donnies schemes are more DB friendly than Gunthers schemes.

Gunters scheme with that all out blitz, corners on an island scheme. IMO that would really make Ty Law look like sh**. Donnies schemes are more DB friendly than Gunthers schemes.

Archived