Don and Mike fans: tragic, tragic news

TomShane

You in the tri-state area probably never heard of these guys but they have a nationally broadcast talk radio program that airs at drive-time. Anyway, it is centered around two older radio vets who do bits, interviews, humor, etc. Don Geronimo's wife Freda was a huge part of the show whose daily calls in to talk to Don were often the funniest part of the show. Tragically, it is being reported on Clear Channel that Don's wife perished in a car accident at the age of 50. The one thing that was so apparent during her segments on the show was how much in love they were with each other, and how much Don relied on her in his life. Truly sad.

My condolences go out to Don Geronimo and his family. I know that they have a college-age son. God bless them all.

www.whtk.com

If you are a fan of the show or would like to extend your condolences, you can forward them to me and I'll send a card from all of us later this weekend.

You in the tri-state area probably never heard of these guys but they have a nationally broadcast talk radio program that airs at drive-time. Anyway, it is centered around two older radio vets who do bits, interviews, humor, etc. Don Geronimo's wife Freda was a huge part of the show whose daily calls in to talk to Don were often the funniest part of the show. Tragically, it is being reported on Clear Channel that Don's wife perished in a car accident at the age of 50. The one thing that was so apparent during her segments on the show was how much in love they were with each other, and how much Don relied on her in his life. Truly sad.

My condolences go out to Don Geronimo and his family. I know that they have a college-age son. God bless them all.

www.whtk.com

If you are a fan of the show or would like to extend your condolences, you can forward them to me and I'll send a card from all of us later this weekend.

There was actually a bit of controversy involving this and the O & A show the other day. They found out about the tragic incident after they went off the air and one of the show members, Jim Norton, posted a note on their jetnation-like message board offering their condolences and to warn their "pests" to leave this topic alone as far as making jokes and stuff. Needless to say, some of the lowest of the low fans made some pretty awful comments and photoshops on the message board. O & A spent about a half hour on their show the next morning chastizing their versions of sackdance99. It is an absolutely horrible situation for that family to have to go through and for people to make jokes about it is downright assinine. I used to listen to them off and on when they were on WNEW. Funny show. I also send my condolences.

There was actually a bit of controversy involving this and the O & A show the other day. They found out about the tragic incident after they went off the air and one of the show members, Jim Norton, posted a note on their jetnation-like message board offering their condolences and to warn their "pests" to leave this topic alone as far as making jokes and stuff. Needless to say, some of the lowest of the low fans made some pretty awful comments and photoshops on the message board. O & A spent about a half hour on their show the next morning chastizing their versions of sackdance99. It is an absolutely horrible situation for that family to have to go through and for people to make jokes about it is downright assinine. I used to listen to them off and on when they were on WNEW. Funny show. I also send my condolences.

Archived