PACE UNDECIDED BETWEEN NYJ AND MIAMI

gangreenman

The NY Daily News is "hearing" that the Jets have "an excellent chance" to get free agent OLB Calvin Pace signed.

They're in direct competition with the Dolphins. Sports Illustrated jumped the gun by declaring Pace a 'Fin already. Pace hasn't decided yet.

-Rotoworld

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NY Daily News is "hearing" that the Jets have "an excellent chance" to get free agent OLB Calvin Pace signed.

They're in direct competition with the Dolphins. Sports Illustrated jumped the gun by declaring Pace a 'Fin already. Pace hasn't decided yet.

-Rotoworld

what kind of coin is this going to cost us, we spent on lg and nt because he had to, but olb and pace i just don't know, but draft day becomes a touch more fun if we do sign him

I'd rather pay for a guy like Pace, who is on the upside, than Gholston at 6 for BIG BIG $$$$$

Sign Pace

Sign Woody

Draft BAP at 6 (QB Included)

Or we can do both. And if we draft Matt Ryan I will be very dissapointed. I'd rather us trade down if Ellis and Gholston are both off the board.

Imagine Gholston and Harris in the middle.

Gholston is the pick McFadden will be gone at 6.

Gholston in the middle, you want me to have nightmares? If we sign Pace and draft Gholsten, there will be a 3-way compettition between Thomas, Pace, and Gholston for the 3 OLB spots. We do need an ILB also though now that Vilma is gone.

Imagine Gholston and Harris in the middle.

Gholston is the pick McFadden will be gone at 6.

I think Gholston will be gone....I have a weird feeling that is who Miami ends up with because Tuna loves ends....ie Ware, Spears, and Canty with Dalas....Abe and Ellis here

This is how he sets up his teams

I think Gholston will be gone....I have a weird feeling that is who Miami ends up with because Tuna loves ends....ie Ware, Spears, and Canty with Dalas....Abe and Ellis here

I don't think Gholston will be a TOP 5 pick.

Parcells and Miami LOVE Chris Long. With the release of Jason Taylor about to come, Long will most likely be the #1 overall pick. If not him, the other Long, Jake, would probably be the second most likely selection.

Gholston will be there at six, most likely, and if so the Jets HAVE to take him. A pass rushing OLB who can beat a one on one blocking situation is our biggest need. Running Back is near the bottom in terms of need. No thanks on Bust DMC.

Gholston would be a good pick even if he onle came in on 3rd downs or passing downs his rookie year and our LB core looked like this.

Gholston - Pace - Harris - Thomas.

You would never know who is coming.

Parcells and Miami LOVE Chris Long. With the release of Jason Taylor about to come, Long will most likely be the #1 overall pick. If not him, the other Long, Jake, would probably be the second most likely selection.

Gholston will be there at six, most likely, and if so the Jets HAVE to take him. A pass rushing OLB who can beat a one on one blocking situation is our biggest need. Running Back is near the bottom in terms of need. No thanks on Bust DMC.

Mcfadden should ne there at 6 and no thanks to the bust Gholston...

Do not overrate Calvin Pace. Look at his career stats. He had one good year in Arizona in a contract year. This guy could be Bryan Thomas II.

He is nothing like Bryan Thomas. He plays strong side LB. He can also play the middle and is great in coverage. Bryan Thomas is strictly a pass rushing weakside LBer who can drop into coverage when needed.

Do not overrate Calvin Pace. Look at his career stats. He had one good year in Arizona in a contract year. This guy could be Bryan Thomas II.

Mcfadden is the top rated player in this draft...Period! will he be a bust who knows.. but he is the most talented player in this draft and gholston is like 9th..

Like marshall falk said.. this guys can win games.. we need a home run threat..

Please go to Miami, even though I know you won't.

Pace is a typical Jets signing. Veteran player that's supposedly coming into his own and has major upside. That never, ever works out for us. In fact, we just cut Justin McCareins, a/k/a Calvin Pace '04.

What makes you think that Gholston will be a bust and that DMC will be a sure thing?

Just a hunch,,,DMC agaisnt the best of the SEC was a POWERHOUSE

Gholston against LSU was horrible

Until I moved down here always thought the talk of SEC footbal being the best was BS....no more. SEC and ACC football, along with Pac 10 are the best conferences

Big 10, and Big 12 have slipped.....too many big white guys in the middle of the country (didn't say that to offend anyone)

He is nothing like Bryan Thomas. He plays strong side LB. He can also play the middle and is great in coverage. Bryan Thomas is strictly a pass rushing weakside LBer who can drop into coverage when needed.

Look at Pace's career stats. HE HAS HAD ONE GOOD SEASON IN A CONTRACT YEAR.

If that's not Bryan Thomasesque I don't know what is.

It was also the year that the team converted into a 34, thats in part why Pace narrowed his choices down to 34 teams (Jets, Niners, Miami) because it fits him better.

It's possible that it was due to a contract year as well, but this guy should be an improvement over Hobson and Thomas even if his play goes down a little bit.

Mcfadden is the top rated player in this draft...Period! will he be a bust who knows.. but he is the most talented player in this draft and gholston is like 9th..

Like marshall falk said.. this guys can win games.. we need a home run threat..

We have one..his name is Leon Washington..and he barely costs us a penny.

Adding to the right side of the line now will solidify our running game..and we can finally get to see the real potential of a TJ/Leon backfield.

Look at Pace's career stats. HE HAS HAD ONE GOOD SEASON IN A CONTRACT YEAR.

If that's not Bryan Thomasesque I don't know what is.

In that respect he is comparable. But not in respect to his play. He is a different type of player than Thomas.

Just a hunch,,,DMC agaisnt the best of the SEC was a POWERHOUSE

Gholston against LSU was horrible

Until I moved down here always thought the talk of SEC footbal being the best was BS....no more. SEC and ACC football, along with Pac 10 are the best conferences

Big 10, and Big 12 have slipped.....too many big white guys in the middle of the country (didn't say that to offend anyone)

He was 'horrible' against LSU because he was being double and tripple teamed by the LSU OL and TE's. IF the OSU coach was smart enough to send a blitzer his side, Gholston would have been freed up.

Please go to Miami, even though I know you won't.

Pace is a typical Jets signing. Veteran player that's supposedly coming into his own and has major upside. That never, ever works out for us. In fact, we just cut Justin McCareins, a/k/a Calvin Pace '04.

I'll give you that, but Pace won't cost us a 2nd

Rather Pace will save us a draft pick, knowing we can go skill players in the draft both in round 1 and 2

Skill players is what this team desperately needs

Archived