PACE UNDECIDED BETWEEN NYJ AND MIAMI

gangreenman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been saying this for days now!!

I think that this whole "He's BT part 2" thing is very misleading. BT is much better suited for the 3/4 then the 4/3... Problem is he got moved to the wrong side last season and didnt work as hard over the offseason. Pace is a much better player in the 3-4 as well and I'd say that both him and BT could have great years again next season.

P.S. 106 posts in under three hrs... This thread may be compettition with the infamous "Im ready to be a mod" thread. :rl:

I quess the question is do we take the risk, or go on into the draft without a new OLB?

If sign Pace it'll be a less player we'll draft.

I'm a huge McFadden fan, and I still think he's the player we need to draft.

What Calvin Pace adds the ability to cover RB/TE AND rush the passer

note this is a very young good prospect who is SMARTLY directing his own career

he knows he's best in a 3-4 so eliminated TEN, PHI and other likely bidders

put this player with Bryan Thomas it would seriously address pass rush problems...

remember that Jenkins was really like an early expensive draft pick, not a free agent pickup, the Jets have really only signed Faneca so far, I expect Pace/Woody maybe both before their early activity is complete.

oh and for the record I've seen this player play live and he impressed me at the time. granted it was one game several years ago but I remember Pace making plays and wondered if he would have been on the board would the Jets have taken him over Bryan Thomas

he seems to have a better nasty streak than BT. both together would help each other in this defense.

I think that this whole "He's BT part 2" thing is very misleading. BT is much better suited for the 3/4 then the 4/3... Problem is he got moved to the wrong side last season and didnt work as hard over the offseason. Pace is a much better player in the 3-4 as well and I'd say that both him and BT could have great years again next season.

P.S. 106 posts in under three hrs... This thread may be compettition with the infamous "Im ready to be a mod" thread. :rl:

That's the other question, maybe it opens things up for BT again? THAT would be monstrous!!

But, then again, if Gholston comes on like he is projected, it could open up BT also!

What Calvin Pace adds the ability to cover RB/TE AND rush the passer

note this is a very young good prospect who is SMARTLY directing his own career

he knows he's best in a 3-4 so eliminated TEN, PHI and other likely bidders

put this player with Bryan Thomas it would seriously address pass rush problems...

remember that Jenkins was really like an early expensive draft pick, not a free agent pickup, the Jets have really only signed Faneca so far, I expect Pace/Woody maybe both before their early activity is complete.

Great post Bit.

I agree 100%.

Gholston in the middle, you want me to have nightmares? If we sign Pace and draft Gholsten, there will be a 3-way compettition between Thomas, Pace, and Gholston for the 3 OLB spots. We do need an ILB also though now that Vilma is gone.

Isn't that what David Harris is for? I think we could use a replacement for Hobson though.

And I think I would rather draft Gholston over signing Pace.

Archived