JETS TO MEET WITH RB JESSE CHATMAN

gangreenman

Cant live with the pats taking him with the 7th pick... and use him to crush us every year for the next 8 years... we take gholsten..he becomes a bust... they take mcfadden and he turns out to be a Hof'er..

Cmon..if your a jets fan for as long as I am... lol what I just said is not only not ridiculous...but likely..

Cant live with the pats taking him with the 7th pick... and use him to crush us every year for the next 8 years... we take gholsten..he becomes a bust... they take mcfadden and he turns out to be a Hof'er..

Cmon..if your a jets fan for as long as I am... lol what I just said is not only not ridiculous...but likely..

I think it's more likely that McFadden is a bust & Gholston becomes a stud pass-rushing terror in NE's 3-4 than what you're guessing at.

I don't think the patriots would even sign McFadden, and I think its much more likely McFadden is the bust and will have to deal with Gholston for the next 9 years if we pass on him.

I don't think the Pats would draft him if he fell to them. They're pretty well set with Maroney and Faulk.

WRONG

DMC is the real deal

Think of Gholston as a slimmer DRob

If you say so.

I'm not an enormous fan of Gholston's (or really anyone's at the top of the draft except Chris Long if we used a 4-man line).

It's all just speculation. You THINK that McFadden is the real deal. All of the "so does everyone" evidence doesn't change that since he's not nearly as touted by "everyone" as Bush was. The signs are all there for McFadden to be less than awesome (poor tackle-breaking skills, twiggy lower body, questionable character/maturity, lots of his production out of option plays & sizable runs through enormous rushing lanes). If he does, everyone will say in hindsight that anyone could see it coming. Just like they say now with Bush because of his size.

Similarly, Gholston (as with any player changing positions while simultaneously adjusting to NFL speed) has a decent chance of being DRob-ish in the "worse than hoped for" sense.

Doesn't mean I don't think McFadden (or Gholston) aren't talented. They both are.

Archived