Jets Rest on Sunday - Cimini

gangreenman

Jets rest on Sunday

Day 3 in free agency was kind of quiet from the Jets’ perspective, except for the blockbuster offer they’re preparing for Randy Moss.

Relax, I jest.

Here’s a recap:

•Patriots S Eugene Wilson is scheduled to visit Tuesday - if he’s still unsigned. He visited the Bucs today and is heading to the Steelers tomorrow.

•Dolphins RB Jesse Chatman is visiting Wednesday. This is very interesting. The Jets are seemingly okay at running back, with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. Chatman, who knows O.C. Brian Schottenheimer from their days together in San Diego, had a pretty decent year for the Dolphins (if there can anything decent on a 1-15 team). He rushed for 515 yards and a 4.0 average, but he’s stuck behind Ronnie Brown and Ricky (Rasta) Williams. Very interesting, indeed.

•Cards OLB Calvin Pace did, in fact, conclude his Jets visit. From what I hear, he went home to Atlanta to mull his decision. Apparently, it’s the Jets or the Dolphins, although he’s considering a trip to the Bengals.

•The Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that the Jets have contacted FB Tony Richardson. I haven’t confirmed that yet.

•Lions RT Damien Woody visited today. I wouldn’t be surprised if that got wrapped up quickly.

•The Jets are expected to speak today with the agent for Eagles CB William James, presumably to set up a visit.

•And, oh, yeah, former Steelers LG Alan Faneca, he of the $40 million contract, is scheduled to be introduced tomorrow, assuming he passes his physical.

A very, very good start to the off-season.

This tells me one of two things:

(1) this is one savvy front office management team if they had been planning this for two off-seasons, the visits with restricted players from last year lead me to believe this, or

(2) Tangini is scared sh!tless of having another bad year and being shown the door.

Either way they are serious about trying to improve this team.

Just realized option (2)(a): Woody told Tangini to get a good product on the field because some serious biz PSL's are coming!:Nuts:

A very, very good start to the off-season.

This tells me one of two things:

(1) this is one savvy front office management team if they had been planning this for two off-seasons, the visits with restricted players from last year lead me to believe this, or

(2) Tangini is scared sh!tless of having another bad year and being shown the door.

Either way they are serious about trying to improve this team.

Just realized option (2)(a): Woody told Tangini to get a good product on the field because some serious biz PSL's are coming!:Nuts:

So it takes a 4-12 embarrassment for the FO to get serious about winning?

Seems like it... lets not forget all of these players now need to be coached in a system that fits the players best not a system that the coach is most comfortable with...

The offense needs to change and so does the defense...

Maybe so, but more likely they didn't care for what was available last year and planned a couple of years in advance like a good management team should do anyway.

Seems like it... lets not forget all of these players now need to be coached in a system that fits the players best not a system that the coach is most comfortable with...

The offense needs to change and so does the defense...

You're staring at the tree and missing the forest. They are acquiring players that fit their system that has now been in place for two years, players who will come into a core of guys Tangini has decided they can move forward with who have the requisite experience.

Damn that koolaid tastes good!

Maybe so, but more likely they didn't care for what was available last year and planned a couple of years in advance like a good management team should do anyway.

You're staring at the tree and missing the forest. They are acquiring players that fit their system that has now been in place for two years, players who will come into a core of guys Tangini has decided they can move forward with who have the requisite experience.

Damn that koolaid tastes good!

Really?

How many years has Faneca played in Shotty's system? What makes him fit? Has he always had two young guys around him?

What makes Jenkins fit the 3-4? Does he have years of experience in it, or will it be completely new and a toss up as to whether he will fit?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves... Mangini still needs to learn how to coach a team based on the players and not based on his playbook.

Really?

How many years has Faneca played in Shotty's system? What makes him fit? Has he always had two young guys around him?

What makes Jenkins fit the 3-4? Does he have years of experience in it, or will it be completely new and a toss up as to whether he will fit?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves... Mangini still needs to learn how to coach a team based on the players and not based on his playbook.

I've never heard of picking up lineman to fit a OC's system....but aside from that, Jenkins might not have the experience of say, a Dewayne Robertson or CJ Mosley, but he's definately better fit for the position if you ask me.

Really?

Mangini will be a god again in ecurb's eyes if Chad is named the starter this year ;)

Archived