why should calvin play for the jets? ?

D.Pace

if you could send calvin a message, give him a reason to play for the jets what would it be? calvin is home in atlanta today he is thinking about his next move. the jets want him badly. the dolphins want him badly and the bengals want him to come out for a visit.

it will come down to the jets or dolphins. i am not Calvin but he will read this. why should he play here? make your case

If he were to read this, which I highly doubt, it would be because the Jets have a better chance to win NOW compared to Miami who is in a much more of a rebuilding process and has more issues than the Jets do at the Quarterback position. Also, the Jets need an Outside Linebacker more than Miami does, who already have Taylor and Porter and with the first overall pick have the luxury of taking Chris Long if they wish to do so.

Let him know that although Parcells is a great coach, he's also a quitter

Never hangs around to long. WE're young, our F/O is working hard, and as a fan base we need him

I'd welcome him with open arms, and hope he likes green

he will read this, he asked me to get a different viewpoint for him

1. Mangini/Tannenbaum are here for the long haul. Parcells...who knows? He could bolt after 2 years and the Dolphins franchise will go down the toilet again.

2. The Jets are in a better postion to win now. Although the Dolphins have made some good signings they are still a few years away.

3. What does Calvin want? Not sure where he's from. Does location, weather matter to him?

I'm sure he's looking for his payday which is fine but other factors are involved as well.

4. See #1

If Calvin reads this all I want to say is, We are way better than the dolphins hands down ,And I live here in Florida so I watch all the games here as well. My Jets have the Better record against the dolphins,When we play them we have more Fans in Dolphin Stadium then they have (Crazy I know) but I hope if Calvin reads this I just want to tell him he will get 2 chances a year to "Boom Tom Brady Into the Turf " Which if he is a real LB he would love to do.I hope he feels the same.Thats coming from a Florida based Jet Fan LIMIKE

1) Because he will add to an already good Jets defense. Remember that the Jets defense gave up less points to the Pats than the Giants did in the Super Bowl. It is a very underrated unit that with the addition of Calvin will have the potential to be a dominant unit.

2) Because there is no place in the world better to play than NY. Do you really want to play the Jets or New England at home and have 60% of the fans be NY or NE fans?

3) The Jets have been to the playoffs 4 out of the last 7 years. The fins last trip was 1999 I believe.

4) Parcells will leave you high and dry at the end of the day. Like he has done his last three stops.

That is all for now.

If he chooses Miami ove us, just let him know when the Jets go down there and play the Phins in Miami his dolphins will be the visitiong team because Jets fans will out number Phin fans 3-1

No comparison of fan bases...Jets fans are some of the best in the world

Jets have showed in the last 4 days that they are serious at winning NOW.

Jets showed last year they were serious as well. Now you are seeing why they didn't go out willie nillie last year getting free agents to plug in for another one or two wins. They have cap money now and they are spending wisely. So far, going in the right direction. Those of us who have faith in Tangini are happy campers and now we'll get a few naysayers to think positive and come on board. -- Go Jets -- :box:

Okay, okay, okay.

All the reasons listed have been great, but lets get real here guys, and I think SoFlaJets and LIMike will agree with me:

The number one reason why Calvin Pace should sign a contract with the New York Jets today or tomorrow is:

large_jetssteelers.jpg

THE NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!

Wouldn't Calvin like to see the Jets win a 16-14 game for two reasons:

1. Because of his and his defenses play

and

2. His kicker is clutch when it comes to a GW kick situation

?

I think so.

:yahoo:

tell him training camp in July and August are brutal temperature-wise down here in south Florida-no human with a half a brain in his head even goes outside in the summer sun down here-we wait until the sun goes down-and to have training camp in it? Is INSANITY

Okay, okay, okay.

All the reasons listed have been great, but lets get real here guys, and I think SoFlaJets and LIMike will agree with me:

The number one reason why Calvin Pace should sign a contract with the New York Jets today or tomorrow is:

large_jetssteelers.jpg

THE NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!

Wouldn't Calvin like to see the Jets win a 16-14 game for two reasons:

1. Because of his and his defenses play

and

2. His kicker is clutch when it comes to a GW kick situation

?

I think so.

:yahoo:

As a special privilege pace can be the holder if he signs with the Jets

Amen Joe , The NUUUUUGGGGEEE is Clutch in every sense of the word.

Calvin and Harris next to each other...... Me Likey

good point there Mikey-he'll be playing next to a rising star in David Harris and it will be a lot of fun and with Jenkins up front the LBers are going to be flying around making plays like crazy-it'll be a fun season

good point there Mikey-he'll be playing next to a rising star in David Harris and it will be a lot of fun and with Jenkins up front the LBers are going to be flying around making plays like crazy-it'll be a fun season
I am a Big fan of Defense SFJ,and to see these 2 guys draggin' guys down all over the field will be an Awesome sight to see for years to come.

Pace to the Jets and we are a Top 5 Defense before the season even starts.

I am a Big fan of Defense SFJ,and to see these 2 guys draggin' guys down all over the field will be an Awesome sight to see for years to come.

P

A

C

E

PACE

PACE

PACE

and just look at anybody who plays next to a dominating LBer Briggs next to Urlacher and whoever plays alongside Ray Lewis has ALWAYS upped their worth...who can do that in Miami for him? Maybe Zach Thomas 5 years ago...

LI is correct about the Jets chant. When the place is packed, there is nothing better than hearing 78,000 fans go dead silent and then errupt into the J-E-TS JETS JETS JETS chant. Nothing better. Season ticket holder since '95, I should know. Players and coaches have said that it is an awesome thing to here, especially when you're in a Jets uni.

and just look at anybody who plays next to a dominating LBer Briggs next to Urlacher and whoever plays alongside Ray Lewis has ALWAYS upped their worth...who can do that in Miami for him? Maybe Zach Thomas 5 years ago...
Those days are long gone for Zach and the dolphins SFJ,If he( Calvin )wants to be apart of a good and up coming Team ,No cheatin', a good D, The Passion that the Fans have , Look no further than the NEW YORK JETS Calvin.

Tell Calvin the first time he steps onto the field and hears the Chant J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets he will never be the same inside again (Trust Me) the Stadium shakes the Ground,What a Great site to see and Feel.

The chant was pretty lame last year and pretty much nonexistent after week 6. Quite disappointing indeed.

Archived