Why Braylon over Mike?

bitonti

why are people placing Braylon Edwards as a top 5 LOCK now? we all knew he had a great personality but his hands aren't the greatest - he loses concentration at times - certainly doesn't even come close to MW in terms of production - yeah he's more of a deep burner but i feel like i am the only guy in the world that would take Mike Williams over Braylon Edwards - Have i lost my mind?

the way i see it Mike has better hands, is better in traffic, better strength, better run blocking better over the middle, better red zone target and better route runner. yeah Braylon has better speed, quickness but is that really enough to overlook 30 TD in 2 years from MW?

I would definitely take Mike Williams over Edwards.

Williams produced more at USC than #1 pick Keyshawn Johnson did in his entire college career there. Williams was as special of a college reciever as I've ever seen. Edwards was a damn good reciever in college, but so were David Terrell and Amani Toomer. He also drops way too many easy catches, while Williams will catch anything in his general direction.

I gotta believe if both of them are still there at #7, the Vikings will take Williams based on his Moss-esque talent.

Archived