This 2008 Jets team may be ALOT better than the 2006 Jets playoff team, Check it out

DieHardJetsFan

Before I talk about the players, lets just keep in mind that the 2006 Jets team made the playoffs under a rookie head coach in Mangini, went from a 4-3 defense the year before with Herm to a brand new system with 3-4 defense under Mangini.

This 2008 Jets team will be under a coach in Mangini who is entering his 3rd year as a head coach and this Jets defense will also be in it's 3rd year under the 3-4 defense.

Advantage: 2008 Jets

2006 Offense vs the Jets 2008 Offense

In 2006 Kevin Barlow and Derrick Blaylock started the season as the Jets starting running backs, with Cedric Houston as the 3rd option and rookie Leon Washington as the 4th option.

In 2008 the Jets will have Thomas Jones and a 3rd year back in Leon Washington as our 1-2 punch entering this season.

In 2006 the Jets had a Rookie in D'Brickishaw Ferguson starting as the Jets LT on the O-Line and either A.Jones or A.Clement as the starting RT

This 2008 Jets team will have a 3rd year starter in D'Brickishaw Ferguson as the starting LT And Damien Woody as the starting RT (A 2001 Pro bowler on a Patriots SB winning team)

In 2006 the Jets had Pete Kendall as the starting LG and a 4th year player in Brandon Moore as the starting RG

In 2008 this Jets team will have a 7 time Pro Bowler in Alan Faneca as the starting LG with Brandon Moore as the starting RG with 2 more years experience

Advantage:2008 Jets

In 2006 the Jets had a rookie Center in Nick Mangold as thier starter

This 2008 Jets team will have a 3rd year starting center in Nick Mangold

In 2006 the Jets had Lavernaues Coles, McCaerins, Tim Dwight, and 1st year starter in Jericho Cotchery as thier top 4 WR's

This 2008 Jets team will have Lavernaues Coles, Brad Smith, Stuckey and 3rd year starter in Jericho Cotchery as our top 4 WR's

Advantage:Tie

----Coles was healthy, McCaerins had experience, Dwight was a bust and Cotchery was a 1st year starter for the 2006 Jets

----Coles was hurt last season, unhappy this offseason, McCaerins has been released after being a bust, Jericho Cotchery will now be a 3rd year starter and Brad Smith has played better than Dwight did for this 2008 Jets team, I still say it's a tie.

In 2006 the Jets had the bust Doug Jolly and Chris Baker as starting TE's

This 2008 team will have Chris Baker as our #1 TE and Joe Kowalewski as our #2 TE

2006 Offense vs 2008 Offense (Before the draft)

Winner=2008 Jets Offense, BY FAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2006 the Jets had Victor Hobson, Eric Barton, Jonathan Vilma, and Bryan Thomas as thier 3-4 Starting LB's

This 2008 Jets team will have Pace, Barton, Harris and Bryan Thomas as our 3-4 starting LB's... With the addition of Pace and Harris over Vilma as a 3-4 IMLB...

In 2006 the Jets 3-4 D-Line starters were Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Robertson and Ellis

In 2008 the Jets 3-4 D-Line looks like this, Coleman, Jenkins, Ellis

Advantage:2008 Jets ,Without a doubt

In 2006 the Jets CB's were A.Dyson, D.Barrett, and J.Miller

The 2008 Jets CB's are D.Revis, D.Barrett and D.Coleman/J.Miller

In 2006 the Jets starting Safetys were Eric Coleman and a 1st year starter Kerry Rhodes

In 2008 the Jets starting safetys will be A.Elam and a 3rd year Starter in Kerry Rhodes

Im sorry, but this 2008 Jets team is simply a better team than the 2006 Jets team who made it to the playoffs under Mangini's rookie season as head coach. The 2006 and 2008 Jets team look pretty close @ WR, CB and Safety positions, other than that

It's not even close

Well I hope you all enjoy this thread, I put alot of thought into a thread like this, I just wanted to show everyone that we really have a team to be excited for (BEFORE THE DRAFT!)

Before I talk about the players, lets just keep in mind that the 2006 Jets team made the playoffs under a rookie head coach in Mangini, went from a 4-3 defense the year before with Herm to a brand new system with 3-4 defense under Mangini.

This 2008 Jets team will be under a coach in Mangini who is entering his 3rd year as a head coach and this Jets defense will also be in it's 3rd year under the 3-4 defense.

In 2006 Kevin Barlow and Derrick Blaylock started the season as the Jets starting running backs, with Cedric Houston as the 3rd option and rookie Leon Washington as the 4th option.

In 2008 the Jets will have Thomas Jones and a 3rd year back in Leon Washington as our 1-2 punch entering this season.

In 2006 the Jets had a Rookie in D'Brickishaw Ferguson starting as the Jets LT on the O-Line and either A.Jones or A.Clement as the starting RT

This 2008 Jets team will have a 3rd year starter in D'Brickishaw Ferguson as the starting LT And Damien Woody as the starting RT (A 2001 Pro bowler on a Patriots SB winning team)

In 2006 the Jets had Pete Kendall as the starting LG and a 4th year player in Brandon Moore as the starting RG

In 2008 this Jets team will have a 7 time Pro Bowler in Alan Faneca as the starting LG with Brandon Moore as the starting RG with 2 more years experience

In 2006 the Jets had Lavernaues Coles, McCaerins, Tim Dwight, and 1st year starter in Jericho Cotchery as thier top 4 WR's

This 2008 Jets team will have Lavernaues Coles, Brad Smith, Stuckey and 3rd year starter in Jericho Cotchery as our top 4 WR's

----Coles was healthy, McCaerins had experience, Dwight was a bust and Cotchery was a 1st year starter for the 2006 Jets

----Coles was hurt last season, unhappy this offseason, McCaerins has been released after being a bust, Jericho Cotchery will now be a 3rd year starter and Brad Smith has played better than Dwight did for this 2008 Jets team, I still say it's a tie.

This 2008 team will have Chris Baker as our #1 TE and Joe Kowalewski as our #2 TE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2006 the Jets had Victor Hobson, Eric Barton, Jonathan Vilma, and Bryan Thomas as thier 3-4 Starting LB's

This 2008 Jets team will have Pace, Barton, Harris and Bryan Thomas as our 3-4 starting LB's... With the addition of Pace and Harris over Vilma as a 3-4 IMLB...

In 2006 the Jets 3-4 D-Line starters were Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Robertson and Ellis

In 2006 the Jets starting Safetys were Eric Coleman and a 1st year starter Kerry Rhodes

In 2008 the Jets starting safetys will be A.Elam and a 3rd year Starter in Kerry Rhodes

Im sorry, but this 2008 Jets team is simply a better team than the 2006 Jets team who made it to the 2nd round in the playoffs... The 2006 and 2008 Jets team are close @ WR and Safety, other than that

It's not even close

Well I hope you all enjoy this thread, I put alot of thought into a thread like this, I just wanted to show everyone that we really have a team to be excited for (BEFORE THE DRAFT!)

Good post, it sure looks good!

great post.. i love how everyone outside of the fans have been trashin us for these moves.. but our team is MUCH better than last years.. and for all the problems we had we had a lot of tite games.. these moves definitely put us on the winning side of those close ones this year.. so all those critics can go shove it

great post.. i love how everyone outside of the fans have been trashin us for these moves.. but our team is MUCH better than last years.. and for all the problems we had we had a lot of tite games.. these moves definitely put us on the winning side of those close ones this year.. so all those critics can go shove it

Alot of experts are saying that we may have overpaid on most of these guys, but THEY ALL agree that the Jets have been a top 3 team this free agency, in terms of improving the team.

Not one ESPN reporter can deny that the Jets have gotten better with the signing of Faneca is over Montgomery, the signing of Woody over Clement, the trade for Jenkins improves our NT position over Robertson in the 3-4, or that the signing of Pace is not an upgrade over Hobson. I have not heard one "Expert" in the media deny that this Jets team has gotten better since last year

Im sorry, but this 2008 Jets team is simply a better team than the 2006 Jets team who made it to the playoffs under Mangini's rookie season as head coach. The 2006 and 2008 Jets team look pretty close @ WR, CB and Safety positions, other than that

It's not even close

great read. ima give it a A++. i totally agree. now lets see what we can do when the regular season comes around

great read. ima give it a A++. i totally agree. now lets see what we can do when the regular season comes around

Thnx bro, I was kind of in a rush when I made this thread, after the draft, Im gonna do a remix and try and make a great thread on why this 2008 team is playoff bound.

Ok, I guess my memory is a little off, I think thats the year when we lost to NE in the first round

If I remember correctly Doug Jolley wasn't on our 2006 roster either.

Id also say the DB column would be a tie, because Barrett was still in the ballpark of his prime, where now he's just washed up and complete trash.

Other then that, good post!

If I remember correctly Doug Jolley wasn't on our 2006 roster either.

Id also say the DB column would be a tie, because Barrett was still in the ballpark of his prime, where now he's just washed up and complete trash.

Other then that, good post!

I could have swore that Doug Jolley was on our roster, I might be wrong though, and thanks for the good post comment

On the other hand, Revis is light years ahead of Dyson in terms of being a #1 CB, thats the reason why I feel our CB's will be better in 2008, but I agree with you, unless we upgrade the #2 CB position, it can pretty much be a tie

I could have swore that Doug Jolley was on our roster, I might be wrong though, and thanks for the good post comment

On the other hand, Revis is light years ahead of Dyson in terms of being a #1 CB, thats the reason why I feel our CB's will be better in 2008, but I agree with you, unless we upgrade the #2 CB position, it can pretty much be a tie

Nope. Jolley was in Mangini's 2nd round of cuts (after they traded JAbe and released Fabini, Mawae, and Law). I believe he was cut just before the start of TC that year.

If we did this from 2006-07 season we probably would have guessed the Jets would be better. I thought the Jets would take a step back record wise last year due to a stronger schedule, but did anyone here really think the Jets would be that bad? I get worried about going into a season with high expectations because that's when we suck the most

If we did this from 2006-07 season we probably would have guessed the Jets would be better. I thought the Jets would take a step back record wise last year due to a stronger schedule, but did anyone here really think the Jets would be that bad? I get worried about going into a season with high expectations because that's when we suck the most

The Pats always have high expectations, same as the Chargers, Colts, and Steelers out of the AFC, and they always seem to do pretty good. Im not gonna let that freak injury that Vinny T suffered ruin this Jets great offseason.

Is it last year (07-08) that we made the full transition to the 3-4 defense or was it the year before (06-07)? Because that would be another reason.

Is it last year (07-08) that we made the full transition to the 3-4 defense or was it the year before (06-07)? Because that would be another reason.

we began the transition in 06-07 to the 3-4 but what he is comparing is the year we actually had a playoff run and a good team.

Archived