Pro Football Weekly

KINGDIRK

I preached all season about how Faneca + McFadden would be my dream combo for next season and believed that it would give us an elite running game.

I admit that although I have since been put off this idea a bit I would still not complain if it happened. I'd be excited as Hell if we drafted DMC.

Good find bro, thanks.

Im all for drafting Vernon Gholston with the 6th pick, if he's still on the board, the only teams that scare me are the Rams and Raiders in terms of drafting Gholston. I would love that Ware-Merriman type of 3-4 who can pressure the QB from the outside while making the tough tackle in the flats. A 3-4 OLB who Fast, Quick, Powerfull, Aggressive, and Tough. I would love it.

On the other hand im all for drafting McFadden if Gholston is off the board so we can have that explosive offensive player, and once again... The only team im worried about drafting McFadden would be the Raiders or MAYBE the Rams because Steven Jackson is in his contract year, but I dont see that happening.

I preached all season about how Faneca + McFadden would be my dream combo for next season and believed that it would give us an elite running game.

I admit that although I have since been put off this idea a bit I would still not complain if it happened. I'd be excited as Hell if we drafted DMC.

I was with you all season in that thinking.

But man, with Jenkins clogging the middle of the line.......Harris in the middle flanked by Gholston and Pace.....Revis and Rhodes in the secondary. We're looking at the best defense we've had in a long time.

I'll be happy with either one and I trust Tangini and Co. to make the right choice.

You guys signed Jones last year to a big contract so why would you draft McFadden?

He found plenty of trouble in Arkansas (bar fights, knocking up a couple of women, pending paternity tests, investigation over his Escalade, etc). Thats pretty impressive for a 21 year old.

What kind of damage would he do in Manhattan with millions of dollars in his pocket?

I was with you all season in that thinking.

But man, with Jenkins clogging the middle of the line.......Harris in the middle flanked by Gholston and Pace.....Revis and Rhodes in the secondary. We're looking at the best defense we've had in a long time.

I'll be happy with either one and I trust Tangini and Co. to make the right choice.

Thats EXACTLY how I been feeling all offseason.

Revis and Rhodes in the secondary with players in the front 7 such as Kris Jenkins, David Harris, Calvin Pace and Vernon Gholston. Lets not forget about Ellis and Barton either, while haveing Bryan Thomas for deph is also good because you can never have 2 many LB's in the 3-4.

You guys signed Jones last year to a big contract so why would you draft McFadden?

He found plenty of trouble in Arkansas (bar fights, knocking up a couple of women, pending paternity tests, investigation over his Escalade, etc). Thats pretty impressive for a 21 year old.

In two Years, Thomas Jones is going to be falling apart while McFadden is exploding all over defenses, you gotta be insane for a team to pass up on a McFadden-Peterson type of RB for "Thomas Jones"

Lets not forget that Randy Moss was also a problem child while playing for Marshall... I bet the teams that passed up on Moss in the draft before the Vikings took the gamle are all wishing they had some guts at the time.

You really do troll alot. Not only do you troll on just about every move the Jets have made, but you also troll on a potential draft pick of the Jets.

Have you ever been in a fight before? Sometimes it's called sticking up for yourself, McFadden is far from a school yard bully

You know how many woman Garry Sheffield had pregnant before he become a pro for the Marlins? Or how about the Gang affiliation Barron Davis had with the Bloods?

Keep up the good work, your doing a great job Gainzo

In two Years, Thomas Jones is going to be falling apart while McFadden is exploding all over defenses, you gotta be insane for a team to pass up on a McFadden-Peterson type of RB for "Thomas Jones"

Lets not forget that Randy Moss was also a problem child while playing for Marshall... I bet the teams that passed up on Moss in the draft before the Vikings took the gamle are all wishing they had some guts at the time.

You really do troll alot. Not only do you troll on just about every move the Jets have made, but you also troll on a potential draft pick of the Jets.

Have you ever been in a fight before? Sometimes it's called sticking up for yourself, McFadden is far from a school yard bully

You know how many woman Garry Sheffield had pregnant before he become a pro for the Marlins? Or how about the Gang affiliation Barron Davis had with the Bloods?

What would be insane is trading for a player, giving him a sizable contract, and 1 year into it draft another player at that same position b/c you're worried about the age of the first one.

RB's (certainly ones taken that high) don't need to be "groomed" - you draft a guy #6 and he's your main guy immediately.

I wouldn't scream "bloody murder" if we took him. I just don't think it's the best use of our pick or cap space.

Are comfortable drafting McFadden at #6 and giving him that kind of money.

Randy Moss fell to #18 if I'm not mistaken. He wasn't paid top 10 money.

Do you realize that the Pats draft right after the Jets? I have a vested interest in what the Jets do.

Can you please prove this statement.

Not only do you troll on just about every move the Jets have made, but you also troll on a potential draft pick of the Jets.

I've said hardly anything about the Jets FA signings and any potential Jets draft pick could be a Pats draft pick.

You've already proved that you aren't the brightest guy around. Do you recall this thread http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51604&page=2 from last night?

What would be insane is trading for a player, giving him a sizable contract, and 1 year into it draft another player at that same position b/c you're worried about the age of the first one.

RB's (certainly ones taken that high) don't need to be "groomed" - you draft a guy #6 and he's your main guy immediately.

I wouldn't scream "bloody murder" if we took him. I just don't think it's the best use of our pick or cap space.

I agree, Gholston would be the Jets best choise (In my eyes) Vernon could make that Pace signing that much better

But this is a 2 system back league as of now, Leon is a Kevin Faulk, scat back type of runner, whos also great at KR's and solid at Punt returning, but he's far from an every down back that McFadden can be.

You've already proved that you aren't the brightest guy around. Do you recall this thread http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51604&page=2 from last night?

Atleast I can admit that I made a mistake and didnt pay attention when I slip up

Your a solid poster from what iv seen so far, at times

But why cant you admit that you troll and get pleasure out of getting under the skin of Jet fans at times

Atleast I can admit that I made a mistake and didnt pay attention when I slip up

Your a solid poster from what iv seen so far, at times

But why cant you admit that you troll and get pleasure out of getting under the skin of Jet fans at times

I don't troll. You're a homer, plain and simple (not that there is anything wrong with that). Anything an opposing fan says gets your knickers in a knot.

I say a lot of positive things about the Jets and their players.

I've also been on this board a hell of a lot longer than you have.

I agree, Gholston would be the Jets best choise (In my eyes) Vernon could make that Pace signing that much better

But this is a 2 system back league as of now, Leon is a Kevin Faulk, scat back type of runner, whos also great at KR's and solid at Punt returning, but he's far from an every down back that McFadden can be.

An every-down back is stupid. And if you have a guy who you use on 3rd downs (Leon), then the other guy isn't an every-down back.

In better situation (sans the Jones signing), sure. Draft McFadden or whoever you like best; Leon is 3rd down back; and a bruiser (who may even be slow) for short-yardage.

I still hate taking a RB with a top-10 pick. I'd far prefer just a dominating OL so that when the eventual RB injury occurs, the whole offense (and everything the team worked on since the summer) doesn't go down the sh*tter with him.

There are plenty of guys who are fast enough to run through giant holes. The best tackle-breaker in the league is probably MBIII and he was taken in the 4th round.

Archived