How can anyone doubt McFadden?

DieHardJetsFan

Im all for drafting Gholston with our 6th pick in the 1st round, but at the same time, It's amazing how many JET fans are calling him the next Reggie Bush and predicting that he's not an NFL type of running back. I cant understand

McFadden is now the Razorbacks ALL TIME leading rusher (In only 3 seasons of play) Lets not forget that he also split alot of carries with Felix Jones.

McFadden has only played 3 seasons of college ball, lets not forget that in only 3 seasons of play, he finished as the Heisman Trophy-Runner up TWO times, thats impressive.

McFadden has only played 3 seasons of college ball, The SEC is by far the TOUGHEST confrences for any running back...

And McFadden is now the #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for SEC. Thats simply amazing. Players such as Herschel Walker, Emmitt Smith, Fred Taylor, Ronnie Brown, and thousands of other backs have played in the SEC, but McFadden is the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER? After only 3 seasons of play? thats simply amazing (In my eyes)

Some say he cant "Break tackles" Some say he goes down way to easy, some say he's the next Reggie Bush... I honestly feel people are just trying to sound smart and say I TOLD YOU SO, if he becomes the next BUST.

Let the Jets draft McFadden, I will be one excited Jets fan

Im all for drafting Gholston with our 6th pick in the 1st round, but at the same time, It's amazing how many JET fans are calling him the next Reggie Bush and predicting that he's not an NFL type of running back. I cant understand

McFadden is now the Razorbacks ALL TIME leading rusher (In only 3 seasons of play) Lets not forget that he also split alot of carries with Felix Jones.

McFadden has only played 3 seasons of college ball, lets not forget that in only 3 seasons of play, he finished as the Heisman Trophy-Runner up TWO times, thats impressive.

McFadden has only played 3 seasons of college ball, The SEC is by far the TOUGHEST confrences for any running back...

And McFadden is now the #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for SEC. Thats simply amazing. Players such as Herschel Walker, Emmitt Smith, Fred Taylor, Ronnie Brown, and thousands of other backs have played in the SEC, but McFadden is the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER? After only 3 seasons of play? thats simply amazing (In my eyes)

Some say he cant "Break tackles" Some say he goes down way to easy, some say he's the next Reggie Bush... I honestly feel people are just trying to sound smart and say I TOLD YOU SO, if he becomes the next BUST.

I will be ecited with DMC as well, but I'd rather get Gholston, and really put pressure on the QB.

Reggie Bush anyone? If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Reggie Bush is a WR playing the position of a RB, it's plain and simple, black and white. Who ever compares McFadden to Bush, must know nothing about football, str8 up.

When has ANYONE seen McFadden dance behind the LOS and try and Juke for 2 seconds? They havnt for the simple fact McFadden actually has GREAT vision and ATTACKS the defense, he NEVER dances in the backfield, he simply hits the hole with speed and vision.

Is Reggie Bush the #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for the Pack 10?

Is Reggie Bush USC's all time leading rusher?

Did McFadden play for one of the best college QB's in Leinart?

Did McFadden play for one of the best teams in the Nation? USC?

Did McFadden play with WR's such as Jarrett and Steve Smith?

Lets not forget that USC also had the best defense in the nation.

Compare McFadden to DMC all you want, I will just look at you as not knowing what the F ur talking about.

Bar fights, what is it 4 kids with 4 women now, talented yes, big risk at 6 yes. Remember how lawerence phillips turned out.

How can anybody doubt him? Let me see... stick legs that will go snap in the pro's. Fumble problems. Unable to break tackles. Off the field issues. Gosh, wonder why?

DMC is a very high risk/high reward kind of player. I'd rather go with a safer pick. Every year some speedy back is heralded as the next great thing in the draft.

Bar fights, what is it 4 kids with 4 women now, talented yes, big risk at 6 yes. Remember how lawerence phillips turned out.

Just about everyone in the world has gotten into a fight before. Its called sticking up for yourself, he was a freaking college student enjoying his life at a bar. I can bet my bottom dollar that some tough guy bully seen it was McFadden and wanted to prove he's the TOUGH guy, it's called sticking up for yourself.

And just because McFadden has 4 kids with 2 different woman means nothing... It's his buisness, and you never know, he may make a great father.

McFadden gave his whole life to playing the game of football, graduated highschool and finished college.

Is MaFadden gang banging? Selling drugs? Beating up woman? Stealing cars? NO. How

How can anybody doubt him? Let me see... stick legs that will go snap in the pro's. Fumble problems. Unable to break tackles. Off the field issues. Gosh, wonder why?

DMC is a very high risk/high reward kind of player. I'd rather go with a safer pick. Every year some speedy back is heralded as the next great thing in the draft.

Stick legs? McFadden been playing the game of football ever since he been a kid. How many times have McFadden broke his legs? He has played little league, 4 years of HS and three years of college ball, how many surgeries to those "Stick legs"? Exactly... ZERO.

Fumble problems? He's not even a senior yet, and thats what good coaching is for. He is still learning and still getting better, those Fumbles dont worry me, just about every player fumbles in college when rushing the ball the amount of times that McFadden has.

Every year a speedy back is called the next great thing? Who was the last "Speedy back" who entered the draft as...

His schools all time leading rusher in only 3 seasons of play

The #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for the conference he played in

Tell me, please

Just about everyone in the world has gotten into a fight before. Its called sticking up for yourself, he was a freaking college student enjoying his life at a bar. I can bet my bottom dollar that some tough guy bully seen it was McFadden and wanted to prove he's the TOUGH guy, it's called sticking up for yourself.

And just because McFadden has 4 kids with 2 different woman means nothing... It's his buisness, and you never know, he may make a great father.

McFadden gave his whole life to playing the game of football, graduated highschool and finished college.

Is MaFadden gang banging? Selling drugs? Beating up woman? Stealing cars? NO. How

I think the idea is that most of these college kids getting into a fight at a bar arent doing it just before the combine and dont have anything to lose whereas mcfadden has millions at stake. I would think that alone would make him have the common sense to just walk away.

Isnt it 4 kids with 4 women at 20? In order for him to make a great father in that situation he would have to spend alot of time concentrating on them and not the playbook.

Personally I dont think we will draft him, I just think the Jets are playing up their interest to increase potential trade value.

Stick legs? McFadden been playing the game of football ever since he been a kid. How many times have McFadden broke his legs? He has played little league, 4 years of HS and three years of college ball, how many surgeries to those "Stick legs"? Exactly... ZERO.

Fumble problems? He's not even a senior yet, and thats what good coaching is for. He is still learning and still getting better, those Fumbles dont worry me, just about every player fumbles in college when rushing the ball the amount of times that McFadden has.

Every year a speedy back is called the next great thing? Who was the last "Speedy back" who entered the draft as...

His schools all time leading rusher in only 3 seasons of play

The #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for the conference he played in

Tell me, please

I'm glad you found a player to shower with man-love, but...

1) Have you seen his legs? I've eaten chickens with bigger legs. (bigger tougher players in the pro's, which is why the injury rate is so high among new players)

2) Oh yes, fumble problems are soooo easy to fix. I guess all those fumble prone players in the pro's are just to darn lazy to do so.

3) C'mon now. You know I'm right about speedy backs getting way to much attention at the draft. Just look at the last few years. But I guess that's why you had to regurgitate his records again. Because school records guarantees pro success, right?

But I guess that's why you had to regurgitate his records again. Because school records guarantees pro success, right?

How long has the SEC been a conference?

How many GREAT RB's has played for the SEC?

ANYONE who can say that McFadden being the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER for the SEC, in just three years, is not impressive or amazing... Simply has alot of hate for McFadden.

Reggie Bush is a WR playing the position of a RB, it's plain and simple, black and white. Who ever compares McFadden to Bush, must know nothing about football, str8 up.

When has ANYONE seen McFadden dance behind the LOS and try and Juke for 2 seconds? They havnt for the simple fact McFadden actually has GREAT vision and ATTACKS the defense, he NEVER dances in the backfield, he simply hits the hole with speed and vision.

Is Reggie Bush the #2 ALL TIME leading rusher for the Pack 10?

Is Reggie Bush USC's all time leading rusher?

Did McFadden play for one of the best college QB's in Leinart?

Did McFadden play for one of the best teams in the Nation? USC?

Did McFadden play with WR's such as Jarrett and Steve Smith?

Lets not forget that USC also had the best defense in the nation.

Compare McFadden to DMC all you want, I will just look at you as not knowing what the F ur talking about.

Reggie Bush played for 2 seasons, so no he's not a leading rusher... but who cares about that crap. Compiled stats mean 0.

You also think USC had the best defense in the nation? That's laughable.

who sez that DMC cannot break tackles? Have they seen the dude play

He ran right over my Tide, the kid runs with power, give him that. He has been much more durable than AP as well.

Now the 4 kids at age 20, means he has character issues or some very

powerful sperm or both.

That is a red flag IMO and i'm no longer sure he would be a fit for NYC life

I haven't said it's not impressive. it is. So please stop putting words in my mouth (I don't like where they've been). But it's not a guarantee that he'll be a star in the NFL. Impressive? Sure. You know what else is impressive? The list of highly regarded players with school records that didn't do well in the NFL.

Well then I guess every sports player and coach is a bad father because they all travel and study the playbooks all year

I think its a slightly different situation when your kids may all be located in one house versus 4 different houses dont you? and he only 20.

It doesnt matter what the incidents he is associated with, bar fights, paternity tests, all Im saying is at 6 I would prefer to have someone with a cleaner slate. I want my number 6 pick on the football field for our team for many years to come.

ANYONE who can say that McFadden being the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER for the SEC, in just three years, is not impressive or amazing... Simply has alot of hate for McFadden.

Yeah seriously. I've been watching a whole bunch of youtube videos of this guy and he just looks like a stud. Play after play of this guy sh*tting on very good SEC defenses.

The comparisons to Reggie Bush are laughable. McFadden can run in it up the middle and hit the hole hard. Bush can't. McFadden has the speed (he's faster than 95% of wr's) and the power.

McFadden would be sick with oru revamped O-line.

Too bad we can't draft him b/c we're already paying Thomas Jones $5 mil a year. God I hate that trade.

Brad Smith set all time records at his school (Mizzou) and in that same conference as well, move on.

You're right canton shouldn't waist anymore time and inshrine him now......

Just give up it's a waist of time arguing with these people, they'll just keep replying that McFadden is the greatest RB of all time. Just agree with them so they stop making these ****ing threads

The Jets just might draft McFadden if he is there. I was sure they had their sight on Gholston until they picked up Pace. What would they do with Gholston now? Thomas is making too much money not to start at OLB along with Pace.

The Jets just might draft McFadden if he is there. I was sure they had their sight on Gholston until they picked up Pace. What would they do with Gholston now? Thomas is making too much money not to start at OLB along with Pace.

Move one to ILB, probably pace he's not that fast for a 3-4 OLB

Gholston-Pace-Harris-Thomas

It goes to the fact DMC has made some careless and reckless decisions the last 3 years. Now giving someone at his age and questionable character flaws is the kind $$$$ the **** that will you get you fired if the kid turns into NFL Gangsta #1.. Because..it will be "I told you so" and "what were you thinking"..Risk-Reward issue here and the risk appears to be substantial. just sayin...

People can doubt him for the same reason they doubt any other player, they are a rookie. and college is vastly different than the pros.

Look at last year, Calvin Johnson was supposed to be an all-pro, and rookie of the year. As far as his stats tell me he did nothave a randy moss type rooki season. and don't tell me the quarterback was a difference. I really don't believe there was much of a difference between Jon Kitna and Randall Cunningham at those points in there careers

Calvin Johnson- 48 rec, 756 yds, 4 tds rookie season

Randy Moss - 69 rec, 1313 yds, 17 tds. rookie season

now the jets appear to have improved their running offense but in order to live up to the hype Mcfadden has to achieve

Adrian peterson - 238 carries, 1341 yds, 12 tds.

I'm not saying D.M. can't do it, it'll just be really unbelieveable if he lives up to the hype.

This guy to me falls into the Randy Moss scenario..a ton of talent but the off the field stuff throws up red flags. To know he was going into the biggest year of his life in terms of being evaluated to make huge money and still got into trouble is a major problem. The Jets can easily justify not taking him as many teams can. It is just who is willing to take the risk...at the same time some do not even consider him the best rb in the draft.

Archived