OK, Front Page Help needed

TomShane

hey if you need a Dear Greengal column... like advice for the lovelorn ... i'd be more then willing to help out :)

I love the modern look you have going on in the forum...very clean ...straight lines..not too cluttered... for smell...either hazelnut vanilla... canoe or ... drakkar

I am lovelorn. Know any hookers?

hey if you need a Dear Greengal column... like advice for the lovelorn ... i'd be more then willing to help out :)

I love the modern look you have going on in the forum...very clean ...straight lines..not too cluttered... for smell...either hazelnut vanilla... canoe or ... drakkar

Hi Tom!

I think you're heading in the right direction. You need someone to do a "TAILGATE" article on a weekly basis durring the regular season.

DON'T LOOK FOR ME TO DO IT THOUGH!

I tried to get writers last year, though you may have a better chance of doing so - I know that Cathy can be inspirational at times! :lol:

Baum! She is definitely in charge of talent, recruitment, and casting. Hell, pretty soon she's going to have Chad Pennington signing on to be a mod! :lol:

Hi Tom!

I think you're heading in the right direction. You need someone to do a "TAILGATE" article on a weekly basis durring the regular season.

I tried to get writers last year, though you may have a better chance of doing so - I know that Cathy can be inspirational at times! :lol:

Here's a recipe for you New Englanders to take to heart, my pointy-headed little friend:

1) Remove Tic-Tac from plastic casing

2) Insert in mouth

3) Allow to melt for 5 minutes

4) Repeat.

the tailgating and recipies are a good one. CHOWDER and BEANS. Us hicks no how to cook

Here's a recipe for you New Englanders to take to heart, my pointy-headed little friend:

1) Remove Tic-Tac from plastic casing

2) Insert in mouth

3) Allow to melt for 5 minutes

4) Repeat.

hahahahaha :lol:

as for front page content i like the love advice column idea - the female touch is very important -

have GGG appeal to the straights and homos, Tom shane can have an advice columns for all others.

"dear tom shane

i love the PATS and i also love the sheep in my backyard. Both situations have me squirting with joy. Where can I guy like me get a pair of pants that can withstand both of these hobbies?

-humped in new humpshire"

===

Dear Humped,

TELL me about it! Sheep and the Pats, while they go together naturally, sure do a number on your pants! Here's what I do: I get some Zubaz parachute pants, I melt a snow-tire and then coat the pants with the melted rubber. Then hit it up with some Scotch-guard and you're good to go! Get some gerbils and toss them in during the third quarter. If they don't suffocate immediately, they will take you on a MAGIC carpet ride, baby! Try it! You'll thank me!

Love, TomShane

hahahahaha :lol:

as for front page content i like the love advice column idea - the female touch is very important -

have GGG appeal to the straights and homos, Tom shane can have an advice columns for all others.

"dear tom shane

i love the PATS and i also love the sheep in my backyard. Both situations have me squirting with joy. Where can I guy like me get a pair of pants that can withstand both of these hobbies?

-humped in new humpshire"

===

go to profile in the upper left hamd corner of the window...scroll down and you can put avatar and sig in there :)

Retard here,

I dont know how to....

1)create an avatar

2)create a signature picture

Any help?

Also...I liked the "My assistant" aspect of JIer. Is that available here?

Whoa Whoa Whoa, excuse me you little hussy! I'M the modderator HERE! If someone needs TECH SUPPORT I'LL give it to them. You worry about your little sex advice column, OK?

Shade, go to profile in the upper left hamd corner of the window...scroll down and you can put avatar and sig in there.

go to profile in the upper left hamd corner of the window...scroll down and you can put avatar and sig in there :)

Hi Tom!

Hey Baum. We will have a tailgating section on the site. And I do agree with you that is a great idea.

Retard here,

I dont know how to....

1)create an avatar

2)create a signature picture

Any help?

Also...I liked the "My assistant" aspect of JIer. Is that available here?

If you need help with the Avatar send me a PM. I would be happy to help you out.

As far as the My Asisstant that button doesn't exist here. But by clicking on Search - Memberlist and Who's Online you should get the same functionality.

If anything is missing let me know.

Thanks,

Max

If you need help with the Avatar send me a PM. I would be happy to help you out.

As far as the My Asisstant that button doesn't exist here. But by clicking on Search - Memberlist and Who's Online you should get the same functionality.

If anything is missing let me know.

Thanks,

Max

POST ICONS hearts heart hearts...I am jonessssin

When the front page is up and articles are being posted, how about an opposing view of things from the resident Patriots, Phin or Steeler fans. "A view from the Darkside" type thing.

It does not have to be done on everything, but things like the JMac signing when speculation ran rampant he would crack a 1000 yards.

When the front page is up and articles are being posted, how about an opposing view of things from the resident Patriots, Phin or Steeler fans. "A view from the Darkside" type thing.

It does not have to be done on everything, but things like the JMac signing when speculation ran rampant he would crack a 1000 yards.

how about a NETWORKING thread

bobblehead thread

thing NOT to say..

Okay, say this does happen.

"This week's View from the Darkside.....from the Miami point, DW2: Patriots are EVIL I TELL YOU, EVIIIIL! EVIIIIIIIIL!!!!! We must unite and rifd the world of this plague!

Oh, we'll go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, btw...."

PFKISH!!! Are you me? There WILL be a feature, in-season, called 'How Bad Will the Jets Kick Your Ass?' where I will be conducting a short interview with a knowledgeable football fan from each of the Jets opponents. Included in the interview will be questions asking about the state of their team, the fan reaction to any major new tidbits, player evaluations from that team, etc. Also, there will be humorous questions (because it;s us) Every interview will begin with the question "How bad will the jets kick your ass?' It will give the interviewee a chance to talk a little trash. Interspersed will also be agitating questions, like, we'll ask Dolphin fans "Should QB's who don't win a Super Bowl be allowed in the Hall of Fame, and why?" :lol: Should be fun.

In the meantime, PFKISH, if you want to write an article on the Pats, like their secrets to winning, etc., or even why Pats fans are so f'ing cocky (if you can maintain at LEAST a little bit of an objective edge), I'll be happy to look at it, and maybe include it on our front page. The opposing team's viewpoint would be really interesting. We don't want this place to devolve into a homer site, you know? PM me, brother.

front page should always have the breaking news on the team... trads, signings, releases gamepreview, game reviews...

The upcomming schedule -offseason dates as well as game dates and results...

i think you need a picture of jets past and present..

Namath, Todd, Freeman, Chad, Wayne, Vilma

PFKISH!!! Are you me? There WILL be a feature, in-season, called 'How Bad Will the Jets Kick Your a$$?' where I will be conducting a short interview with a knowledgeable football fan from each of the Jets opponents. Included in the interview will be questions asking about the state of their team, the fan reaction to any major new tidbits, player evaluations from that team, etc. Also, there will be humorous questions (because it;s us) Every interview will begin with the question "How bad will the jets kick your a$$?' It will give the interviewee a chance to talk a little trash. Interspersed will also be agitating questions, like, we'll ask Dolphin fans "Should QB's who don't win a Super Bowl be allowed in the Hall of Fame, and why?" :lol: Should be fun.

In the meantime, PFKISH, if you want to write an article on the Pats, like their secrets to winning, etc., or even why Pats fans are so f'ing cocky (if you can maintain at LEAST a little bit of an objective edge), I'll be happy to look at it, and maybe include it on our front page. The opposing team's viewpoint would be really interesting. We don't want this place to devolve into a homer site, you know? PM me, brother.

No problem. I will gladly impart some wisdom on the board. :wink:

front page should always have the breaking news on the team... trads, signings, releases gamepreview, game reviews...

The upcomming schedule -offseason dates as well as game dates and results...

i think you need a picture of jets past and present..

Namath, Todd, Freeman, Chad, Wayne, Vilma

A big photo of Ken Schroy in action. That will attract a ton of visitors. :P

• 5 months later...
I need some input for the front page. The look, the feel, the smell of it. I don't want it to look like every other god-awful front page. Anyone have advice, tips, suggestions?

are you still looking for ADVICE :lol: when are the new changes coming?

by the by... this thread war pretty funny ...ah... the good old days ;)

Hey Baum. We will have a tailgating section on the site. And I do agree with you that is a great idea.

I like the idea of adding some tailgate recipes - chili, ribs, etc. Maybe also a section recommending bars in the tri-state area to watch the Jets at for the non-traveling folks on away weeks. Although that 's been done before, but who cares?

I need some input for the front page. The look, the feel, the smell of it. I don't want it to look like every other god-awful front page. Anyone have advice, tips, suggestions?

If you need any photo or graphics help, PM me.....

There was a thread with a link to Jets shopping through JetNation. Shouldn't the link be permanent somewhere?

Haus of Style is out of style. It's not Cinco de Mayo, it's almost Cinco de August for Chrissake.

The sportspyder thing is Ok, just needs to look sharper. No, Max did not pay me to say that.

I'll stop right there.

There was a thread with a link to Jets shopping through JetNation. Shouldn't the link be permanent somewhere?

Haus of Style is out of style. It's not Cinco de Mayo, it's almost Cinco de August for Chrissake.

The sportspyder thing is Ok, just needs to look sharper. No, Max did not pay me to say that.

I'll stop right there.

You the man Tabor. This site will do well when you take over for TomShane.

Tom thinks he is funny. Tom knows that the front page changes are coming soon. The football shopping site link will be up soon as well. Tom is just being a d~head. It is after all what he does best.

Things I asked Tom to do. Lineup an online chat. Tom failed. Thank God for GGG.

Things Tom said he would do this week and hasn't:

Everyday = Update Post Of The Day

Tuesday = Put Jetlag's article on the front page

Wednesday = Put up the first installment of the Season preview.

Tom is like a piece of furntiture. He is here all the time. Not sure that he serves any real purpose though.

I would assist you with icons but, well, the ones I already did for you guys are just sitting in a closet collecting dust somewhere. :roll:

Archived