FootballOutsiders: Jets Defense is a Mirage

PatsFanTX

According to football ousiders.com.

New York Jets

Imagination is a Powerful Deceiver

Conventional wisdom says that the Jets went 10-6 last year thanks to a great defense and their running game, so all eyes this off-season have been on the passing game and special teams. The big name acquisitions are a wide receiver, a tight end, a kicker, and a new offensive coordinator, and the biggest question mark of training camp revolves around the shoulder of the quarterback.

But as we

i realized after I typed it how mean that comment was, if in fact football outsiders.com really was nothing more then Tex scribbling in a spiral notepad, possibly while taking a dump. I'm sorry for my rudeness Tex, if you need help setting up your site, well i can't help per se but I do know a warehouse full of chinamen you can hire for 3 grains of rice per day.

Dude, "chinamen" is not the preferred nomenclature.

i realized after I typed it how mean that comment was, if in fact football outsiders.com really was nothing more then Tex scribbling in a spiral notepad, possibly while taking a dump. I'm sorry for my rudeness Tex, if you need help setting up your site, well i can't help per se but I do know a warehouse full of chinamen you can hire for 3 grains of rice per day.

Dude, "chinamen" is not the preferred nomenclature.

Asian Americans, please!

Tx, if the defense is a "mirage", then what does that make our offense? One of the best in the league, right. And what does that make Pennington? Better than you think he is, right.

80, the article said the Jets D was a mirage, not me. [-X

Thats a really stupid article.

We were the only team to hold the patriots under 20pts last season

7 2nd Half Shutouts, 7

We got toasted by Marc Bulger, but hellooooooo, our best frickin defensive playmaker was on the bench (JOHN ABRAHAM)

Complete BS article. Yes we got toasted by the rams and the patriots the 2nd time around, so what? We didnt have John Abraham in those games.

Whoever wrote this article is a dumbass, plain and simple.

Thats a really stupid article.

We were the only team to hold the patriots under 20pts last season

7 2nd Half Shutouts, 7

We got toasted by Marc Bulger, but hellooooooo, our best frickin defensive playmaker was on the bench (JOHN ABRAHAM)

Complete BS article. Yes we got toasted by the rams and the patriots the 2nd time around, so what? We didnt have John Abraham in those games.

Whoever wrote this article is a dumbass, plain and simple.

How is he a dumbass? The article is based ENTIRELY on mathematics. These dudes are dedicated SOB's that watch EVERY SINGLE PLAY OF EVERY SINGLE GAME of the season in order to analyze EVERY PLAYER ON EVERY TEAM. What he stated was based on numbers, NOT opinion.

Did you read Aaron Schatz other articles?

Notice how they seem slanted towards the Patriots? No surprise here. He is a Pats fan.

Now, does that make him lss credible? Maybe, maybe not. Just take note of it.

Oh and by the way, this was the same guy that predicted the Jets to have a good season in 2004.

Here is the article. It is long, but interesting. It gives some insight as to how they do this stuff.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=266&cat=3

Total B.S. article, though I hapoen to agree that teams could have exploited our secondary more last year. Our D-backfield is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Thank god for hendu. If that was fat teddy, the season would be over before it started. A good coach can camoflouge weaknesses. Just ask that dirty bastard Bellicheck.

sorry. that may have come across slanted. :roll:

Archived