MLB 2K8 Reviews??

gangreenman

I got it for the PS3; To me the biggest issue is the framerate, the game doesnt run smooth andjust stutters way too much that its an embarrassment it was released like this. It makes the game look terrible and quite unjoyable to play/watch. The graphics and player models took a hit too from last year's but I can live with that. The framerate needs to be fixed. I heard they are releasing a patch that will do this

Other negatives are that the AI never seems to steal bases, even the top swipers like reyes, and I hear the game can freeze on you throughout your franchise. Another issue.

But underneath all of that the game play is pretty solid. Its an improvement from last year's. Not as many home runs, more foul balls to give you a bit more realistic at bats, and the controls are very innovative if you take the time to learn them.

But if htey dont fix the framerate issue I may switch over to the show this year.

If you liked the previous 2 versions,you'll like this one.

If you're looking for them to improve on the last 2 versions, you'll be greatly disappointed. The changes they did make suck, as I've already abandoned their new "total control pitching" and "swing stick 2.0" after only one day with the game.

Its decent enough like the previous 2 were on the 360, but it almost feels like a roster update, although I will say I am enjoying how much more in depth the minor league systems are in franchise mode.

I got it for the PS3; To me the biggest issue is the framerate, the game doesnt run smooth andjust stutters way too much that its an embarrassment it was released like this. It makes the game look terrible and quite unjoyable to play/watch. The graphics and player models took a hit too from last year's but I can live with that. The framerate needs to be fixed. I heard they are releasing a patch that will do this

Other negatives are that the AI never seems to steal bases, even the top swipers like reyes, and I hear the game can freeze on you throughout your franchise. Another issue.

But underneath all of that the game play is pretty solid. Its an improvement from last year's. Not as many home runs, more foul balls to give you a bit more realistic at bats, and the controls are very innovative if you take the time to learn them.

But if htey dont fix the framerate issue I may switch over to the show this year.

They should release a patch to fix the framerate issue soon. Other than that, the game is solid with more options overall than The Show.

They should release a patch to fix the framerate issue soon. Other than that, the game is solid with more options overall than The Show.

I am waiting out for the framerate fix, hopefully they dont release it in 3 months for the PS3 gamers.

The game is pretty solid, one annoying thing is the AI never seem to swing at balls out o fthe strike zone, they have plate discipline like the 86 wade boggs orsomething. Do you experience this too? ive tried messing around with the silders.

I am waiting out for the framerate fix, hopefully they dont release it in 3 months for the PS3 gamers.

The game is pretty solid, one annoying thing is the AI never seem to swing at balls out o fthe strike zone, they have plate discipline like the 86 wade boggs orsomething. Do you experience this too? ive tried messing around with the silders.

I have noticed that, too. However, if you put a lot of juice on ANY pitch in the strike zone, chances are that AI will swing and miss.

I have noticed that, too. However, if you put a lot of juice on ANY pitch in the strike zone, chances are that AI will swing and miss.

i can get them to swing an dmiss in the strike zone but i cant get them to chase anything off the plate whether they make contact or not, even when the pitchers bat they dont chase.

This coupled with the lack of steals is really hurting the game, i can even live with the framerate issue.

Archived