Yankees And Devil Rays Fight

Maxman

I've seen worse done to Cano. Remember Mike Lowell?

yeah i remember that.

Spiking a player's wrong, imo, regardless of what team it is. Being someone who has been spiked 3 times while I played ball, I can tell you it hurts like hell.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen worse done to Cano. Remember Mike Lowell?

Being knocked over is not worse than getting spiked in the groin.

Yankee fans are hilarious. "It's hard nosed baseball. Deal with it." Well, so is barrelling into the catcher. Deal with it.

What a bunch of ****ing hypocrites.

Applauding a man (Vaginatec) getting into a fight with all his equiptment on is beign hypocritical, don't you think

Vaginatek is such a cute name. Really shows what a deep thinking individual you are.

If it had happened the other way around, Yankee fans would be all over Gomes' nuts for backing his teammate. Kind of like you all are on Duncan's nuts for backing his teammate.

I have no problem with the play at the plate, I have no problem with plunking Longoria. Everything that happened after that was over the line. Both Duncan and Gomes were wrong.

The ****ing hypocrites are the ones who commend the Rays for "hard nosed baseball" then cry when the Yanks retaliate.

I hope Gomes gets plunked next time they meet.

I'm okay with the retaliation. Longoria got plunked and it should have been over. Everything after that was too far.

Being knocked over is not worse than getting spiked in the groin.

Yankee fans are hilarious. "It's hard nosed baseball. Deal with it." Well, so is barrelling into the catcher. Deal with it.

What a bunch of ****ing hypocrites.

Take a look in the mirror.

Guys the 2nd baseman wasn't hurt. To say that he was trying to hurt him is not accurate. Was the slide over the line? Yes. But if he was looking to hurt someone there would be easier ways to accomplish that.

Guys the 2nd baseman wasn't hurt. To say that he was trying to hurt him is not accurate. Was the slide over the line? Yes. But if he was looking to hurt someone there would be easier ways to accomplish that.

So what was he trying to do then? Duncan may look like Sloth from the Goonies, but even he knows what it means to slide with your spikes up.

Was Iwamura hurt? No.

Was there malicious intent? Yes

I heard he had a cut on his knee. That cut could become infected and he could lose his leg, Max. I wouldn't want that on my conscience. No way.

It goes both ways. I doubt the D-Rays would stand for it.

Oh yeah, Gomes, A-Rod, Jeter, Duncan, Longoria(if he makes the team) BJ Upton, all these guys will be plunked. Even the guy who barreled into the catcher. Too bad HBP isnt a stat in Fantasy, I would draft these two teams when they play each other

• 7 months later...
Yeah? You said the Yanks really showed the Rays. The only thing the Yankees could do to 'show' the Rays was to beat the Rays more then the Rays beat them.

Just a hunch. I'm going to say the Rays were more content with getting to the WS than supposedly being intimidated by some cheap shots in Spring Training and losing a couple more games in the regular season.

Just a hunch. I'm going to say the Rays were more content with getting to the WS than supposedly being intimidated by some cheap shots in Spring Training and losing a couple more games in the regular season.

I'm sure they were happy to make the WS, but I fail to see the reason you dug up this thread.

Oh and not to mention there the ones that started the whole cheap shot thing anyway.

I'm sure they were happy to make the WS, but I fail to see the reason you dug up this thread.

Oh and not to mention there the ones that started the whole cheap shot thing anyway.

Previous poster said payback is a bitch. I failed to see where the Yankees hurt the Rays in any sense this year, therefore the thread has re-emerged.

Archived