CHRIS LONG IS A BEAST

Pragmatic Bus

He's undersized.

Do you know when merriman, ware, pace, suggs and dansby all weigh?? Becuase if you did than you would clearly see that he weighs just as much if not more than half of them.

And don't bring the point where he's not going to be an OLB in the 34; his agility drills and speed drills were better than half of those guys.

Boy, the announcers on that clip had a real "man crush" on him. He basically dominated a tackle who will be flipping burgers when he graduates. Long is going to be a good pro, but he is below the level of a lot of first overall picks in years past (IMO).

Do you know when merriman, ware, pace, suggs and dansby all weigh?? Becuase if you did than you would clearly see that he weighs just as much if not more than half of them.

And don't bring the point where he's not going to be an OLB in the 34; his agility drills and speed drills were better than half of those guys.

Alright, but if we drafting him to play DE not OLB.

"Hes too small.... too slow..." People have said that about a lot of great players.

Come on, the guy dominated and won half of their games for them.... as a DE. He is a beast.

He wont fall to us, but he will be a stud.

This isn't the mediocre ACC, this is a 34 NFL team. He doesn't even weigh 290.

"Hes too small.... too slow..." People have said that about a lot of great players.

Come on, the guy dominated and won half of their games for them.... as a DE. He is a beast.

He wont fall to us, but he will be a stud.

They've also said that about a lot of crappy or mediocre players, many of whom we actually wound up having and then them failing for us repeatedly.

When you're picking #6, you want someone that doesn't have these problems. I thought that was the rationale against picking McFadden, so I don't see why that reasoning is suddenly negated if it is a defensive player. We shored up defense with our FA signings, but we are still without that playmaking offensive player. Those guys are pretty tough to get too, most teams hang onto their playmakers, unless they are loudmouth locker room cancer WRs, in which case sometimes you are better off without them anyway.

The Raiders don't play a 3-4 under Kiffin. Long would be playing DE without a shadow of a doubt. Kelly's signing would have no impact whatsoever, he plays a totally different position.

chris longs own coach al groh said that he will get worn down playing on the line. al davis is not going to pick him for sentimental reason.

chris longs own coach al groh said that he will get worn down playing on the line. al davis is not going to pick him for sentimental reason.

In a 3-4 he wouldn't play on the line because of the punishment he'd take inside (That's what Groh was reffering to) but in a 4-3 he would definetly be a Defensive End (an edge rusher). A damn good one at that.

In a 3-4 he wouldn't play on the line because of the punishment he'd take inside (That's what Groh was reffering to) but in a 4-3 he would definetly be a Defensive End (an edge rusher). A damn good one at that.

how the **** do you know what algroh was talking about. are u a phycic

how the **** do you know what algroh was talking about. are u a phycic

Am I a Phycic???

Wish I new what that was.

They were talking about the 3-4 scheme and where he would fit, of course in that he'd be an OLB, where the player will primarily become a pass rusher. There is no way Long (with that motor) would be worn out as a 4-3 End, which in itself is a very similar position 3-4 OLB just with less dropping into coverage.

The fact that Groh said he'd be suited to 3-4 OLB means that he'd an end in the 4-3. As they are basically asked to do the same things, which is rush the passer.

Merriman would be an End in the 4-3, as would Ware, Suggs etc.

Am I a Phycic???

Wish I new what that was.

They were talking about the 3-4 scheme and where he would fit, of course in that he'd be an OLB, where the player will primarily become a pass rusher. There is no way Long (with that motor) would be worn out as a 4-3 End, which in itself is a very similar position 3-4 OLB just with less dropping into coverage.

The fact that Groh said he'd be suited to 3-4 OLB means that he'd an end in the 4-3. As they are basically asked to do the same things, which is rush the passer.

Merriman would be an End in the 4-3, as would Ware, Suggs etc.

they guy said he talked to al groh about where he would project to the nfl and algroh told him that chris would get worn down playing in the trenches down after down. he is best suited as a 3-4 olb who can put there hands down and rush the passer and also occasionaly drop back and make plays in space.

they guy said he talked to al groh about where he would project to the nfl and algroh told him that chris would get worn down playing in the trenches down after down. he is best suited as a 3-4 olb who can put there hands down and rush the passer and also occasionaly drop back and make plays in space.

Like I said, in a 4-3 scheme (where he could easily end up) he would be a defensive end which is incredibly similar to 3-4 OLB anyways. The only difference is he'd be standing up a little more instead of having his hand on the ground on the line.

There really that big a difference but I agree if he goes to a 3-4 he will be an OLB.

Like I said, in a 4-3 scheme (where he could easily end up) he would be a defensive end which is incredibly similar to 3-4 OLB anyways. The only difference is he'd be standing up a little more instead of having his hand on the ground on the line.

There really that big a difference but I agree if he goes to a 3-4 he will be an OLB.

he will be better as a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE

he will be better as a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE

Maybe but if he gets drafted to a 4-3 team I'm just saying he will play DE. He could still be an all-pro there.

I'd love the Jets to get him, I really would. But I can't see him getting past both Miami and Oakland.

Archived