MEADOWLANDS STADIUM PROJECT: The Latest News

BaumerJet

I'm not sure how many of you were Jet fans before they left or how many of you are NY'ers but I'm sure that it's a factor in how you feel about the whole NY/NJ debate.

Really good post. Thanks for signing up here.

I was born in Manhattan but moved to NJ so I am in a different group. I hear what you are saying about the NY thing. There is such a level of pride that is associated with that. I did want the Jets to get the West Side Stadium. That would have been incredible. A true home field advantage.

But yes you are right I think a persons location definitely factors in how they feel about the situation. Being in NJ now, the commute for me is easy. So I don't mind it as much as someone who is crossing the River to get there on game day.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good news, Bear Stearns just found out that they can't afford the PSL's so there will be more tickets available.

Good point. I have some inside info that says they were going to buy a box and 24 individual seats. This truly is a great day for us (the fans). I think the box would fit like 40 people. Since they won't be buying that there will now be 64 additional seats available.

C'mon corporate America, keep collapsing. We need our seats!!!

For those of you that think that it's okay for the New York Jets to play in New JERSEY, I either assume you are from someplace other than New York or that you are the type of person that also thinks it's okay to be a Yankee AND a Met fan and that's your prerogative, but is the PSL really worth it? I have to watch the Mets in a place not named after Jackie Robinson or Bob Murphy or anything that really matters, I get to visit CITIfield! I would pay ten dollars more for my ticket as long as I got to keep what was really important...

And for those of you who do not think East Rutherford, NJ is a suburb of NYC, you're kidding yourself. 4 teams, yes, 4 out of 32, are named after states. 1 is named after a region (New England) and the other 27 are named after CITIES!!!!!!!!!!! Of those teams, MANY of them play in a SUBURB of that city.

Oh, and now we're going to whine about who stadiums are named after? Look, stadiums are expensive. If the builder/owner/whatever wants to take money to name the stadium, I can't blame t hem. It's either that, or the tickets go up to cover the 25M per year Citi is paying..... You may pay 10 extra, but who the hell elsewould.

Names are MEANINGLESS PEOPLE. They are words. It's the team you are rooting for. It's playing in a suburb of the city it is named after! All is good. RELAX. Enjoy the football.

Unlike others, I thought your first post sucked, and it seems like you're either "Favorite_Toon" or a friend of his.

Who cares? This belongs on the Giant Board.... Its Giants staduim and we are just a tennant..

We may be just a tenant now, but in the new stadium we will be equal partners since we are paying equally half of the freight. When Jets fans go to a Jets game at the new stadium they will not be looking at anything "Giants".

in a perfect world the Jets would be in NY but it's not like Woody didn't try. It's "ok" they are in Jersey because they legitimately tried to bring em back to NYC - that's really all we can ask. Saying they should be in brooklyn or queens just so they can "technically" be in NY state is missing the point. Woody tried to make NYC happen, he wasted alot of money trying, I can't bash the guy for doing it the way it's happening now. The way the city treated the Jets why would they even want to stay in NY?

And for those of you who do not think East Rutherford, NJ is a suburb of NYC, you're kidding yourself. 4 teams, yes, 4 out of 32, are named after states. 1 is named after a region (New England) and the other 27 are named after CITIES!!!!!!!!!!! Of those teams, MANY of them play in a SUBURB of that city.

Oh, and now we're going to whine about who stadiums are named after? Look, stadiums are expensive. If the builder/owner/whatever wants to take money to name the stadium, I can't blame t hem. It's either that, or the tickets go up to cover the 25M per year Citi is paying..... You may pay 10 extra, but who the hell elsewould.

Names are MEANINGLESS PEOPLE. They are words. It's the team you are rooting for. It's playing in a suburb of the city it is named after! All is good. RELAX. Enjoy the football.

Unlike others, I thought your first post sucked, and it seems like you're either "Favorite_Toon" or a friend of his.

Well, I guess that's just the difference between you and me, we're different people. You were raised one way and I was raised another. How much would you take to have say, the local bank tattoo their name on your forehead, forearms, back and ass? What would be your price? Because there is one, I know that. You have a dollar amount already in your head, don't you? Don't get excited, it's just a hypothetical. Your point about names being MEANINGLESS PEOPLE is absurd are YOU a meaningless person? Is your mother? What DO you believe in? The TEAM? What is "the team"? It's just a collection of strangers that aren't even FROM New York that change uniforms every few years anyway paid salaries by people that are richer than you'll ever be, even if you lived to be a hundred thousand years old, total strangers that may or may not ever meet you, playing a game where someone throws some object to another person and try to gain access to some part of some lawn so that the numerical value of their "score" will exceed the other "team's" when the electric clock says 0:00 and everyone gets in their cars and goes home. So your team MEANS something but actual PEOPLE do not. That's a good piece of logic there. Sports mean nothing without the people that play them. They are not numbers, they are not a pile of stats, because if that were true, then who would watch the games? Just enjoy "the football"? For what? I've seen tens of thousands of passes thrown, I've seen people running before, what is exciting about that? Deconstruction is fun, isn't it?

It's the story, dopey that's what you watch for. Who were the twenty seven Yankees, the sixty nine Mets? Meaningless people? Muhammad Ali, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, what if everytime you were "allowed" to see a highlight of them on TV a banner for Geico was superimposed transparently over their image and on the top of the screen it read "Joe DiMaggio is brought to you by GEICO". Networks have to pay bills.

Go ahead and tell me that my feelings are illegitimate and that my post "sucked" and that I'm a "whiner". I think you're a robot and your post BLEW (see how easy it is?)

I don't even know what you mean when you say that East Rutherford is a suburb of New York City. What does that actually mean?

in a perfect world the Jets would be in NY but it's not like Woody didn't try. It's "ok" they are in Jersey because they legitimately tried to bring em back to NYC - that's really all we can ask. Saying they should be in brooklyn or queens just so they can "technically" be in NY state is missing the point. Woody tried to make NYC happen, he wasted alot of money trying, I can't bash the guy for doing it the way it's happening now. The way the city treated the Jets why would they even want to stay in NY?

You're right. He did try and that is the one factor that I did not consider in my post. I wasn't really responding to that aspect of the situation, since it wasn't mentioned in the original post. But you are exactly right, he did try.

2 teams are named after regions (NE and Tampa Bay)

Well, I guess that's just the difference between you and me, we're different people. You were raised one way and I was raised another. How much would you take to have say, the local bank tattoo their name on your forehead, forearms, back and ass? What would be your price? Because there is one, I know that. You have a dollar amount already in your head, don't you? Don't get excited, it's just a hypothetical. Your point about names being MEANINGLESS PEOPLE is absurd are YOU a meaningless person? Is your mother? What DO you believe in? The TEAM? What is "the team"? It's just a collection of strangers that aren't even FROM New York that change uniforms every few years anyway paid salaries by people that are richer than you'll ever be, even if you lived to be a hundred thousand years old, total strangers that may or may not ever meet you, playing a game where someone throws some object to another person and try to gain access to some part of some lawn so that the numerical value of their "score" will exceed the other "team's" when the electric clock says 0:00 and everyone gets in their cars and goes home. So your team MEANS something but actual PEOPLE do not. That's a good piece of logic there. Sports mean nothing without the people that play them. They are not numbers, they are not a pile of stats, because if that were true, then who would watch the games? Just enjoy "the football"? For what? I've seen tens of thousands of passes thrown, I've seen people running before, what is exciting about that? Deconstruction is fun, isn't it?

It's the story, dopey that's what you watch for. Who were the twenty seven Yankees, the sixty nine Mets? Meaningless people? Muhammad Ali, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, what if everytime you were "allowed" to see a highlight of them on TV a banner for Geico was superimposed transparently over their image and on the top of the screen it read "Joe DiMaggio is brought to you by GEICO". Networks have to pay bills.

Go ahead and tell me that my feelings are illegitimate and that my post "sucked" and that I'm a "whiner". I think you're a robot and your post BLEW (see how easy it is?)

I don't even know what you mean when you say that East Rutherford is a suburb of New York City. What does that actually mean?

Names are meaningless. If my name was Anthony, Joe, Mike or Aaron it wouldn't matter.. I'd be the same person. Any other argument is just ridiculous. My name doesn't make me.

East Rutherford is a suburb of NYC.. hence we're correctly named the NY Jets.

I'm not sure how many of you were Jet fans before they left or how many of you are NY'ers but I'm sure that it's a factor in how you feel about the whole NY/NJ debate.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn and am one of the last of a dying breed: A true New Yorker. When you are from NYC, you grow up with a feeling that just about the best thing to be in the known universe is to be a NEW YORKER and of course, of all NY'ers there is nothing better than being from Brooklyn and of all Brooklynites, nothing better than being from Bensonhurst (and of course it goes on down to street and avenue, etc...) So, as it follows you identify with your teams in the same way, they become part of your identity, part of the patchwork of a whole city's identity. And then one man decides that he will change that because it's financially beneficial to him.

I remember when Mr. Hess yanked them away from NYC, away from Shea Stadium and into a place that was in another STATE (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Irving is still in Dallas, Orchard Park is in New York etc...) I had only been watching football for two years but had already become attached to the idea that my football team - the NY Jets played in New York and then Mr. Hess went and took something that was pure something purely mine (and every other Jet fan's - make no mistake about this - the fans are the owners of the teams -not the owners- the fans own their team in ways that the owners will never approach because we do not make dime one - all we give a team is our support and our imaginations - our hearts, we have nothing to gain except pride and that pride comes strictly from our identification with our team - it becomes part of who we ARE)

Mr. Hess took that and CHANGED it, the problem is that I became a Jet fan because they were the NEW YORK Jets (not because I was in LOVE with the color green or that Richard Todd was such an amazing quarterback) So when Mr. Hess took the team and had them play in a place named after another FOOTBALL team, I felt as if we didn't matter, that they weren't really the NEW YORK Jets, because obviously, we didn't matter, it was his toy and he could do with it as he pleased, water it down for financial gain, have them change the color of some stadium in some other STATE every other weekend for a few months and how we felt about it didn't matter one bit - it's just a business, so use your imaginations and pretend that East Rutherford is in Flushing or in Bensonhurst or any of the other hundred city neighborhoods we sold the idea of this team in the first place. Because, you see... it's not yours. We only let you borrow it for three hours every Sunday.

I wasn't there when O'Malley took the Dodgers out of Brooklyn or when Modell moved the Browns or when Irsay moved the Colts or Frontiere.... but I do know that we have so few things these days to believe in and identify with in this watered down society of ours that every time something that becomes part of you because you BOUGHT into it is yanked away from you, that little kid that wants to believe that he actually bleeds Dodger Blue or Jet Green gets a little older and a little more cynical.

For those of you that think that it's okay for the New York Jets to play in New JERSEY, I either assume you are from someplace other than New York or that you are the type of person that also thinks it's okay to be a Yankee AND a Met fan and that's your prerogative, but is the PSL really worth it? I have to watch the Mets in a place not named after Jackie Robinson or Bob Murphy or anything that really matters, I get to visit CITIfield! I would pay ten dollars more for my ticket as long as I got to keep what was really important...

What ever you say Toon -er- Gastineau Lives!

What's the matter pal, afraid to post under your own name so you had to create a new one last night?!!

• Dude, you were 8 the last year we played at Shea - We weren't yanked, we were pushed by MAYOR ED KOCH who felt NYC was a BASEBALL town & did not really need a football team in the city. He later recanted after the JETS had already paid 10 Million dollars (Non-Refundable) to the NJSEA and could not come back unless NYC refunded them the funds. By the way, that would equal about $120 million today
  • We changed our insignia from the NYJETS to plain JETS because the NJSEA demanded that either team could not keep a NY on the helmet. Something that thanks to Bill Parcells, we got back
  • Most of my relatives grew up in Manhattan & though I was born in California, I have never not been a fan of the green & white. Oh, by the way - DID YOU KNOW THAT THE ONLY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM TO WEAR THE 70's JETS UNIFORM & CALL THEMSELVES BY THAT NAME LIVES IN NJ? - I think the fact that the EDISON JETS would be perturbed that you thought that the JETS should only be from NY

Just covers my point - You are really the only one wining here - YOU MUST BE A GIANTS FAN!

What's the matter pal, afraid to post under your own name so you had to create a new one last night?!!

• Dude, you were 8 the last year we played at Shea - We weren't yanked, we were pushed by MAYOR ED KOCH who felt NYC was a BASEBALL town & did not really need a football team in the city. He later recanted after the JETS had already paid 10 Million dollars (Non-Refundable) to the NJSEA and could not come back unless NYC refunded them the funds. By the way, that would equal about $120 million today
  • We changed our insignia from the NYJETS to plain JETS because the NJSEA demanded that either team could not keep a NY on the helmet. Something that thanks to Bill Parcells, we got back
  • Most of my relatives grew up in Manhattan & though I was born in California, I have never not been a fan of the green & white. Oh, by the way - DID YOU KNOW THAT THE ONLY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM TO WEAR THE 70's JETS UNIFORM & CALL THEMSELVES BY THAT NAME LIVES IN NJ? - I think the fact that the EDISON JETS would be perturbed that you thought that the JETS should only be from NY

Just covers my point - You are really the only one wining here - YOU MUST BE A GIANTS FAN!

First of all, I was in 7th grade when it happened. Second of all, you are from California so you have no idea what pride is. California is just some vomitus emitted by Mexico. You're so laid back that you could never "wine" could you? Don't tell me what to think about something when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, and Giants fans are huge "winers". They wined themselves all the way to the Suppper Boal.

Fred Wilpon and Nelson Doubleday, Mets owners, announced that they would buy the Jets, if necessary, to keep the football team from leaving Shea Stadium and moving to New Jersey....

In October, after months of negotiations with the city, the Jets announced they would move to New Jersey. The city had offered Jets owner Leon Hess a $43 million package of improvements to make Shea Stadium more attractive and profitable to Hess, but he refused....

Fred Wilpon and Nelson Doubleday, Mets owners, announced that they would buy the Jets, if necessary, to keep the football team from leaving Shea Stadium and moving to New Jersey....

In October, after months of negotiations with the city, the Jets announced they would move to New Jersey. The city had offered Jets owner Leon Hess a $43 million package of improvements to make Shea Stadium more attractive and profitable to Hess, but he refused....

So, forty three million dollars is what in today's money, like six and a half trillion, no?

Yeah, but Hess didn't want to sell, so who cares what the Mets owners offered. It was HIS team. He had the choice to do what he wanted.

43M of improvements at Shea still didn't add 20,000 seats...

Btw... Why do people say the new guy is me?? since when did I ever write that good...my posts are good and they sometimes strike people nerve but thats not me....

Its just someone that probaly feels the same way I feel.. Bergen county is not a suburb of ny!!!! its new jersey.. (technically speakin) and also.. New jerseywe root for the team not the players.. ya see my friend players come and go... you stay with your team...

I think what we have here is some fake azz fans... guys that think its ok to change a team if there fav player leaves and become a fan of that team... ya know like followng your fav player to the other team...

Thats the point... I get it now..we have people with no loyalty...

My teams... Dodgers,Knicks,Jets not a winner there...except 88 for the dodgers... and I have stuck through some of the worst season anyone can be part of...

Ask how many jersey net fans wil stick with them once they leave for Brooklyn...

Matter of fact I am a die hard knick fan... but them moving to brooklyn makes me say how can I not root for them? thats because nyers have pride...and stand up were there from...

People outside of here dont get that...I lived in dallas for three years..and the stil cant get why I have a brooklyn tatoo.. they live in cookie cutter complexes... pool training room same sh*t... they dont have neighborhoods... they have chain stores...

''

we have mom and pop food places..they have applebees and chili's and actually think that food is good..LOL

We have great pizza places..made by real italians..they have pappa johns and dominos..and they think that pizza is good..while they are pouring ranch over there pizza LOL

your not from her FCK...so how could you get anything... go play your nintendo DS...and leave me the FCK alone..

hold on a second! jets play in GIANTS stadium. HOLY S-H-I-T!

no no no.... we play in the meadowlands... and there is a great big jets banner on the side of the stadium... and inside the walls say jets.... i think people are confused.. we play in a giant-sized stadium compared to others in the NFL.

Btw... Why do people say the new guy is me?? since when did I ever write that good...my posts are good and they sometimes strike people nerve but thats not me....

Its just someone that probaly feels the same way I feel.. Bergen county is not a suburb of ny!!!! its new jersey.. (technically speakin) and also.. New jerseywe root for the team not the players.. ya see my friend players come and go... you stay with your team...

I think what we have here is some fake azz fans... guys that think its ok to change a team if there fav player leaves and become a fan of that team... ya know like followng your fav player to the other team...

Thats the point... I get it now..we have people with no loyalty...

My teams... Dodgers,Knicks,Jets not a winner there...except 88 for the dodgers... and I have stuck through some of the worst season anyone can be part of...

Ask how many jersey net fans wil stick with them once they leave for Brooklyn...

Matter of fact I am a die hard knick fan... but them moving to brooklyn makes me say how can I not root for them? thats because nyers have pride...and stand up were there from...

People outside of here dont get that...I lived in dallas for three years..and the stil cant get why I have a brooklyn tatoo.. they live in cookie cutter complexes... pool training room same sh*t... they dont have neighborhoods... they have chain stores...

''

we have mom and pop food places..they have applebees and chili's and actually think that food is good..LOL

We have great pizza places..made by real italians..they have pappa johns and dominos..and they think that pizza is good..while they are pouring ranch over there pizza LOL

your not from her FCK...so how could you get anything... go play your nintendo DS...and leave me the FCK alone..

You're right, you on't write that good! ( not that I write any better) and Yes Rutherford, NJ IS a suburb of NYC (technically!) and Geometrically!

And now your gonna knock the food? WOW!!

no no no.... we play in the meadowlands... and there is a great big jets banner on the side of the stadium... and inside the walls say jets.... i think people are confused.. we play in a giant-sized stadium compared to others in the NFL.

OH Thank god! and here i was freaking out for no reason

Yes because the "real italians" live in Brooklyn. :roll:

Seriously, where does this kid get his information from? :rl:

They dont??? Boston chicago newyork... and bensonhurst brooklyn and carroll gardens brooklyn have more italians then anywhere... you must have never been in bensonhurst brooklyn.. do some research son...

Jersey has italians..but ask any of them were they or there family are from... and they will no doubt say brooklyn ny...

people in queens migrate to Long island

People in the bronx migrate to westchester..

Kind of the way things seem to be...

anyways if your not from ny or live there then you wont know sh$t... My neighborhood... look below at the link jerky..

How fckn stupid you feel now...

Btw..Clayton Kershaw..you heard it here first... My guy will be the next best pitcher in the major leagues...

19 left handed throws 99 miles perhour... rated best pitching prospect in all of baseball..yes thats right ahead of Joba and hughes...

and can throw a curve like this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBWWtsO9oGo

best curve since gooden..better then zitos

This thread cracks me up. The only people who care about the Jets playing in Jersey and that the Stadium says "Giants" on the side is a very small % of Jets fans.

Fans of other teams, like myself, don't care. They are the New York Jets and the Stadium is full of Jets fans. What more do you want?

This thread cracks me up. The only people who care about the Jets playing in Jersey and that the Stadium says "Giants" on the side is a very small % of Jets fans.

Fans of other teams, like myself, don't care. They are the New York Jets and the Stadium is full of Jets fans. What more do you want?

LOL... you crack me up...your not even from NY...so thats why u feel that way...

I got the best example!!!!!!

ask how many brown fans changed to ravens fans??? HUh....I'll wait LOL

they follow the team right?

LOL... you crack me up...your not even from NY...so thats why u feel that way...

I got the best example!!!!!!

ask how many brown fans changed to ravens fans??? HUh....I'll wait LOL

they follow the team right?

Thats a horrible example.

The Browns moved from Ohio to Maryland and changed the name of the team. The Jets moved from Queens, NY to East Rutherford, NJ.

Thats a horrible example.

The Browns moved from Ohio to Maryland and changed the name of the team. The Jets moved from Queens, NY to East Rutherford, NJ.

well..that was for the other guy that said he roots for the players and not the team...

They dont??? Boston chicago newyork... and bensonhurst brooklyn and carroll gardens brooklyn have more italians then anywhere... you must have never been in bensonhurst brooklyn.. do some research son...

Jersey has italians..but ask any of them were they or there family are from... and they will no doubt say brooklyn ny...

people in queens migrate to Long island

People in the bronx migrate to westchester..

Kind of the way things seem to be...

anyways if your not from ny or live there then you wont know sh$t... My neighborhood... look below at the link jerky..

How fckn stupid you feel now...

Btw..Clayton Kershaw..you heard it here first... My guy will be the next best pitcher in the major leagues...

19 left handed throws 99 miles perhour... rated best pitching prospect in all of baseball..yes thats right ahead of Joba and hughes...

and can throw a curve like this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBWWtsO9oGo

best curve since gooden..better then zitos

guys don`t hold it against new yorkers b/c of this a**hole!

Assh*le?? your from jersey...wtf do u know... I wil speak for my newyorkers... you can stay in your toxic dump...

Your New Yorkers? The city wouldn't be a city if you owned it and led it, thats for sure. Sorry kid, but not a lot of people in the city are immature little ****s like you.

This guy is seriously in the running for actually being worse than DWC.:confused0058:

No need to worry as no one is taking this guy seriously. I don't think he understands that no one gives a crap where their favorite football team plays.

No need to worry as no one is taking this guy seriously. I don't think he understands that no one gives a crap where their favorite football team plays.

I dont understand something...players are always changing..what stays the same is that jets jersey and logo... I root for the team... not the players...cause they probaly wont be tehre in a few years.. thats all im saying..

I dont understand something...players are always changing..what stays the same is that jets jersey and logo... I root for the team... not the players...cause they probaly wont be tehre in a few years.. thats all im saying..

Wait - I thought we need a "face of the franchise" like McFadden. Now you say you root for the team not the players who "won't be there in a few years"?

:confused0006:

Archived