MEADOWLANDS STADIUM PROJECT: The Latest News

BaumerJet

Wait - I thought we need a "face of the franchise" like McFadden. Now you say you root for the team not the players who "won't be there in a few years"?

:confused0006:

Stop using that thing called "logic" That will just confuse Toon.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to confuse anyone. But now I won't be able to sleep tonight until I figure out whether or not I root for the Jets from wayyyyyy over here in New York.

Last year you were living in NJ. Now you live in NY again. Make up your mind man. At least the Jets only moved once.

Last year you were living in NJ. Now you live in NY again. Make up your mind man. At least the Jets only moved once.

I'm going to move back to NJ in June. But technically I won't be from NJ again until I get rid of my NY drivers' license. That would be like playing in a stadium with someone else's name on it, which is ridiculous.

Your New Yorkers? The city wouldn't be a city if you owned it and led it, thats for sure. Sorry kid, but not a lot of people in the city are immature little ****s like you.

This guy is seriously in the running for actually being worse than DWC.:confused0058:

No, JP10 is the DWC of the board for now. After he gets banned though, FT has the potential to be 'that guy'.

I don't want to confuse anyone. But now I won't be able to sleep tonight until I figure out whether or not I root for the Jets from wayyyyyy over here in New York.

I just looked it up (http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/calculate-distance.html).

As the crow flies, Shea Stadium is 14 miles from Giants Stadium.

I'm shocked that the Jets had the audacity to move 14 miles away. They must have lost many fans when they moved.

I'm going to move back to NJ in June. But technically I won't be from NJ again until I get rid of my NY drivers' license. That would be like playing in a stadium with someone else's name on it, which is ridiculous.

I am glad you agree to a point... I mean am I worng for my team to have there own stadium? Seems like most people onhere that dont care are from other states that rarely go down for a game...

I am glad you agree to a point... I mean am I worng for my team to have there own stadium? Seems like most people onhere that dont care are from other states that rarely go down for a game...

Yes, Toon, I'm from New Jersey, but I go to EVERY SINGLE home game and have been since '95, minus one game in 2005. I live an hour + from the stadium, so I know your pain in terms of a long commute. I didn't use too, but now I do.

Yes, teams should have their own stadiums, but not here, because there is no need to do so. Both teams play in the NJ / NYC area so why should their be two seperate stadiums 10 miles or so within each other? There is no reason to do this. It isn't financially correct or really, possible.

Most fans in general rarely go to a game, so that's hardly a major point.

They don't have one fewer fan buying tickets because they're sharing a stadium with the Giants instead of having their own in NY.

And their own stadium means the Giants would also have their own stadium. As in two $2 billion football stadiums some 10-15 miles from each other. And both of them would be at least partially funded by taxes. Since each team will use the stadium for a maximum of 12 days out of 365 each year (and that's if BOTH of them clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs & reach the championship game), a joint stadium truthfully makes more than the most sense; it makes the only sense.

Point to what teams in or around other cities have all you like. It doesn't even compare to the cost of putting a stadium within the 5 boroughs. Let alone two.

And this is so ridiculous anyway - NYC and their faggot activists chased the Jets away. Just be happy Woody didn't move the team to Los Angeles instead of the indignity of playing 10 home games in the same state-of-the-art stadium as the Giants, whose name will not be on the outside.

Most fans in general rarely go to a game, so that's hardly a major point.

They don't have one fewer fan buying tickets because they're sharing a stadium with the Giants instead of having their own in NY.

And their own stadium means the Giants would also have their own stadium. As in two $2 billion football stadiums some 10-15 miles from each other. And both of them would be at least partially funded by taxes. Since each team will use the stadium for a maximum of 12 days out of 365 each year (and that's if BOTH of them clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs & reach the championship game), a joint stadium truthfully makes more than the most sense; it makes the only sense.

Point to what teams in or around other cities have all you like. It doesn't even compare to the cost of putting a stadium within the 5 boroughs. Let alone two.

And this is so ridiculous anyway - NYC and their faggot activists chased the Jets away. Just be happy Woody didn't move the team to Los Angeles instead of the indignity of playing 10 home games in the same state-of-the-art stadium as the Giants, whose name will not be on the outside.

Again I`ll point out & ask since we are only useing the stadium for a maximum of 12 each as Sperm just pointed out how com the JET & GIANT FANS are footing the whole bill for this deal ,why not just add a $30 PSL tax on every ticket for every event held at this place otherwise if it is MY PERSONAL SEATING license then why isn`t everyone else whose attending every other event in the place paying me for the use of my seat?

Again I`ll point out & ask since we are only useing the stadium for a maximum of 12 each as Sperm just pointed out how com the JET & GIANT FANS are footing the whole bill for this deal ,why not just add a $30 PSL tax on every ticket for every event held at this place otherwise if it is MY PERSONAL SEATING license then why isn`t everyone else whose attending every other event in the place paying me for the use of my seat?

I still don't know what a PSL buys you, other than the right to sell the rights to some Jets tickets to someone else.

I do keep seeing that people add up the cost of PSL's as though that off-sets the cost of the stadium. I mean are the Jets & Giants SERIOUSLY going to have absolutely NOTHING going on at the stadium in the off-season? No concerts? No conventions? Nothing?

If recouping the cost of the stadium is to be paid for with PSL's, they must plan on having zero events there ever. Why do I doubt that?

some of us on here who now live in other states who still go to 10 home games a year and drive 4+ hours each way dont care. Financially it doesnt make sense.

I am a New Yorker, always will be no matter where i live. But it just doesnt matter whether we have our own stadium. It doesnt matter if its located in New York State. Personal pride isnt a good enough reason for your team to have its own stadium.

And that's what it comes down to with you. Your pride is hurt because the New York Jets play in a shared stadium in New Jersey.

I still don't know what a PSL buys you, other than the right to sell the rights to some Jets tickets to someone else.

I do keep seeing that people add up the cost of PSL's as though that off-sets the cost of the stadium. I mean are the Jets & Giants SERIOUSLY going to have absolutely NOTHING going on at the stadium in the off-season? No concerts? No conventions? Nothing?

If recouping the cost of the stadium is to be paid for with PSL's, they must plan on having zero events there ever. Why do I doubt that?

sports isnt about recouping costs. Its about gouging your customers until they are bled dry. We are stupid for paying over $100 a seat per game. There is no reason why tickets should be this much. None. The salary cap increases every year so it gives the owners more reason to raise our prices. If they held the salary cap at a reasonable level, we dont have to get gouged as much.

Do we get anything more today than what we got 15 years ago when tickets were 25 bucks a game and didnt pay for preseason?

The PSL scam will be sold to us as a way to recoup costs... like parking. But the reality is that it will also be a profit center for the teams. And as long as we (and businesses) continue to pay these outrageous prices teams will continue to raise prices.

sports isnt about recouping costs. Its about gouging your customers until they are bled dry. We are stupid for paying over $100 a seat per game. There is no reason why tickets should be this much. None. The salary cap increases every year so it gives the owners more reason to raise our prices. If they held the salary cap at a reasonable level, we dont have to get gouged as much.

Do we get anything more today than what we got 15 years ago when tickets were 25 bucks a game and didnt pay for preseason?

The PSL scam will be sold to us as a way to recoup costs... like parking. But the reality is that it will also be a profit center for the teams. And as long as we (and businesses) continue to pay these outrageous prices teams will continue to raise prices.

I don't disagree with anything here. Though to be fair, they only have so much say over the salary cap. I'm sure owners want it to be as low as possible so top players would get $30M contracts instead of $60M ones.

Archived