Detroit-NYJ rumor: Roy for the #6

Greenseed3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he was small and ran a 4.7

Another brilliant Parcells draft move. He was like at the very top of round 3, no?

Makes Brad Smith look like a genius draft pick in comparison.

He was a ****ty pick because he sucked at safety, not because he was small and slow. He was like a 4.6 flat with a great short shuttle. He was also around 6'2" 220. He wasn't a bad pick to move to S, but he was supposed to go in the 4th or 5th.

I bet McFadden would do ALOT BETTER than Brad Smith did last year if we put McFadden under center, lol

Did you just compare an 'alleged' top 5 pick to a 3rd rounder that was picked a round or two early? If you are going to draw comparisons of McTackled to Smith, you might consider drafting DMC in the second round, and no sooner.

While I agree, he won't line up at QB.. One thing was certain. EVERYONE in that stadium knew he was going to run it and he still did. Sur,e he passed the ball 3-4 times, even for a TD if I remember, but come on, we knew he was running it or he was handing it to Jones.... They had 9 men committed to the run and still lost.

Peyton Hillis, the FB, had like a 60-yard TD run in that game.

LSU just flat-out sucked against the option. Navy would have kicked our ass.

please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true

The Lion's boards are talking about an insane rumor. Apparently Roy Williams IS on the trading block, and the Jets will consider moving from #6 to #15 with Roy being the compensation.

Now, I'm not one to pass rumors along; but this one intrigues me on several levels:

1) Roy out of Detroit has surfaced before.

2) Detroit just cut Kevin Jones, and signed the injured Tatum Bell to a ONE year deal...so,

3) Them getting Darren McFadden seems awfully tempting.

I for one would like to acquire the services of one Roy Williams, and if it means we can move down in the draft and acquire a cheaper player who is 1) still the BAP and 2) a player of need (like Mike Jenkins or DMC) .....then I'm all for it.

If this rumor has any truth to it... We can acquire a #1 WR, a #1 CB (for this draft), and a #1 ILB (Croften or Avril) at the top of the second....even if it takes a 4th rounder for pursausion.

On top of that, I have an inkling that we might be trading Drob for Daniel Graham (a great blocking TE) which would mean we would have both a formidable offense and a formidable defense.

no doubt no doubt

if we can get andre wit tha lions pick thats a good trade

we be poppin bottles next year wit andre 2 roy

ya dig

He was a ****ty pick because he sucked at safety, not because he was small and slow. He was like a 4.6 flat with a great short shuttle. He was also around 6'2" 220. He wasn't a bad pick to move to S, but he was supposed to go in the 4th or 5th.

He played QB in college. He was a bad move in round 29 to put at Safety. I hate drafting projects like that.

The Lion's boards are talking about an insane rumor. Apparently Roy Williams IS on the trading block, and the Jets will consider moving from #6 to #15 with Roy being the compensation.

Now, I'm not one to pass rumors along; but this one intrigues me on several levels:

1) Roy out of Detroit has surfaced before.

2) Detroit just cut Kevin Jones, and signed the injured Tatum Bell to a ONE year deal...so,

3) Them getting Darren McFadden seems awfully tempting.

I for one would like to acquire the services of one Roy Williams, and if it means we can move down in the draft and acquire a cheaper player who is 1) still the BAP and 2) a player of need (like Mike Jenkins or DMC) .....then I'm all for it.

If this rumor has any truth to it... We can acquire a #1 WR, a #1 CB (for this draft), and a #1 ILB (Croften or Avril) at the top of the second....even if it takes a 4th rounder for pursausion.

On top of that, I have an inkling that we might be trading Drob for Daniel Graham (a great blocking TE) which would mean we would have both a formidable offense and a formidable defense.

I would do that so fast it would create a sonic boom.

Archived