Marshall Faulk announces who the "Cinderella" team of 08 is.

NYjet10

FWIW, Eisen and Marshall Falk were talking on NFL network about offseason moves and Eisen asked Falk who he thought could be the Cinderella team of 08 and he immediately said the Jets and gave their free agent moves high marks, praising progress on both lines and citing an anticipated improved running game.

Someone other than jets fan actually like our moves;)

I respect the way Faulk analyzes teams so this is interesting. At this point I would be happy with meaningful games after week 12

Agreed, there's nothing worse than seasons like last year.

It really pisses me off when people say they's rather see Clemens go 4-12 and at least see what he can do rather than watch Chad go one and done in the PO's. At least we enjoy playoff season because the Jets are competitive and we have a reason to watch every game.

I like Faulk as a football guy. He seems to really do his homework and give thoughtful analysis not just read some blogs and act like it's his work. Very well spoken and engaging. The fact that he likes the Jets off season moves endears him even more. (no homo)

The only real issue with the Pace signing would be with the money he got relative to past production. Nothing wrong with this player we acquired.

The interesting thing about the money, is down here they are saying that Pace

was the only one that Parcells was willing to open his wallet big time to have him come

to the Fins.

When faulk talks, I listen. He's a heck of an analyst and its obvious he does his homework and just doesnt shoot out vanilla, generic statements about teams.

The Jets season all coems down to the QB play. If we get good QB play we should be a playoff team. If we dont get it we win 6-7 games.

It's refreshing to see the wallet open up and at least try to improve. I think we've done a fantastic job of grabbing the best available guys for the gaping holes and filled in with a couple of potential strong contributors. You can crab about the money spent all you want but the market dictates the price. It also does us zero good to be a ton under the cap and have QB's mauled and a sieve of a D.

It's refreshing to see the wallet open up and at least try to improve. I think we've done a fantastic job of grabbing the best available guys for the gaping holes and filled in with a couple of potential strong contributors. You can crab about the money spent all you want but the market dictates the price. It also does us zero good to be a ton under the cap and have QB's mauled and a sieve of a D.

This is how I feel -at least we are making a committment and aggressive moves to try to improve this club. Will it all pan out -see me in September to December.

It all comes down to either Pennington or Clemens. Right now, the Jets are playoff contenders with or without the draft. If they are able to upgrade at Cornerback and Wide Receiver, it will all rely on the play of the Quarterback to see if they are contenders for the AFC.

It all comes down to either Pennington or Clemens. Right now, the Jets are playoff contenders with or without the draft. If they are able to upgrade at Cornerback and Wide Receiver, it will all rely on the play of the Quarterback to see if they are contenders for the AFC.

With Pennington I think were a lock for the playoffs.

With Clemens we could be absolutely anything.

With Pennington I think were a lock for the playoffs.

Not if he continues throwing 4th quarter interceptions like he did in 2007. Pick Six's in the 4th quarter arn't a good thing and don't lead to W's. Right now, he's just as questionable as Clemens.

Not if he continues throwing 4th quarter interceptions like he did in 2007. Pick Six's in the 4th quarter arn't a good thing and don't lead to W's. Right now, he's just as questionable as Clemens.

I agree... I think Pennington's lack of armstrength would offset some of the advances we made in the OL. 8-9 men in the box are hard to block.

No he's not because unlike Clemens he's proven in the past that he can take even worse teams into the playoffs.

Both our QB were in awful situations last season.

I agree... I think Pennington's lack of armstrength would offset some of the advances we made in the OL. 8-9 men in the box are hard to block.

Are you taking the piss???

Go back and watch gametape, Teams stacked the box a lot more with Clemens at QB, and I mean a lot more.

Teams may not respect Chads arm, but they didn't respect anything about KC and TBH had no reason to either.

A strong arm does not equal a strong passing attack.

Are you taking the piss???

Go back and watch gametape, Teams stacked the box a lot more with Clemens at QB, and I mean a lot more.

Teams may not respect Chads arm, but they didn't respect anything about KC and TBH had no reason to either.

A strong arm does not equal a strong passing attack.

Yeah IJ - and Clemens is a stooge and everyone was fleeced in signing him because he has no virtue. When he gets his rhythm/timing/footwork down and starts scortching backfields with some non-lob, 20+ passes - the stacked box's are bye bye. Chad aint ever going to make that happen.

Yeah IJ - and Clemens is a stooge and everyone was fleeced in signing him because he has no virtue. When he gets his rhythm/timing/footwork down and starts scortching backfields with some non-lob, 20+ passes - the stacked box's are bye bye. Chad aint ever going to make that happen.

What are you talking about. How has he shown anymore potential at 'schorching' defences than Chad, this post really is ridiculous.

Clemens is till competely unproven at this level, anyone who thinks otherwise is purely in denial. Until he proves he proves he can 'scorch' defences the stacked boxes aren't going anywhere. Accept it.

Faulk has been praising our moves from the start.

Guess what, he also picked the Giants in the Superbowl.:lol:

Go Marshall.

Yes.....GO MR. FAULK !!!!!!!!!!!!! The FO has done a very good job...we did not drop or trade D-Rob....if we can....free up that money and have a great draft ! The young and the old !

What are you talking about. How has he shown anymore potential at 'schorching' defences than Chad, this post really is ridiculous.

Clemens is till competely unproven at this level, anyone who thinks otherwise is purely in denial. Until he proves he proves he can 'scorch' defences the stacked boxes aren't going anywhere. Accept it.

give clemens a chance before passing judgement. he played decently behind a terrible OL with no running game. you should compare clemens first 8 starts to eli manning - pretty similar numbers. if clemens was a 1st rd pick instead of a 2nd this debate would never happen, it would be a forgone conclusion that clemens was the starter.

give clemens a chance before passing judgement. he played decently behind a terrible OL with no running game. you should compare clemens first 8 starts to eli manning - pretty similar numbers. if clemens was a 1st rd pick instead of a 2nd this debate would never happen, it would be a forgone conclusion that clemens was the starter.

But he wasn't a 1st so that's not relevant at all. in fact many thought he was a huge reach in round 2.

The situation for the QB was horrible and I stated that, but it was horrible for Chad too, so excusing Clemens play means nothing without excusing Penningtons too.

I want Clemens to be the starter, because that would imply that he's earned it by beating out Chad. I just can't see that happening unfortunately.

Rich Gannon was once a "proven" playoff quarterback. And then all of a sudden, he sucked. Past success (particularly for a QB who hasn't had an above-average season since the first of his two shoulder surgeries) is not indicative of future success.

Wasn't Gannon in his mid 30's when he started sucking???? He also played for Oakland, which never helps.

Pennington got us to the PO's 2 years ago with a worse team, IMO he would do it again with a much much better team. Especially because our schedule looks pretty weak.

Wasn't Gannon in his mid 30's when he started sucking???? He also played for Oakland, which never helps.

Pennington got us to the PO's 2 years ago with a worse team, IMO he would do it again with a much much better team. Especially because our schedule looks pretty weak.

The very season before he was flirting with the single-season passing record, went to his 4th straight (deserved) pro bowl, and was an All-Pro for the 3rd consecutive season.

The very season before he was flirting with the single-season passing record, went to his 4th straight (deserved) pro bowl, and was an All-Pro for the 3rd consecutive season.

At 36 years old though, that's a little different. At that type of age any player will be expected to really plummet performance wise.

At 36 years old though, that's a little different. At that type of age any player will be expected to really plummet performance wise.

Well that didn't happen after age 36: he was a pro bowler and all pro at 37.

And there isn't a person who watches the NFL who "expected" him to take the nosedive he took. Anyone who claims it is lying.

Meanwhile Pennington has completed exactly zero 16-games seasons where I'd say he was "above average" in his career.

Clemens still has to beat him out. The last thing I want is someone even WORSE than Pennington, who is mediocre at best & cripples any gameplan with his physical limitations.

Well that didn't happen after age 36: he was a pro bowler and all pro at 37.

And there isn't a person who watches the NFL who "expected" him to take the nosedive he took. Anyone who claims it is lying.

Eh, that makes absolutely no sense. So what, Peyton Manning will play at a pro-bowl level till he's 50???:confused0058:

Everyone will eventually become mediocre, some sooner than other yes, but even so, it's incredibly hard to maintain a high level of play at any position beyond 35.

Meanwhile Pennington has completed exactly zero 16-games seasons where I'd say he was "above average" in his career.

Clemens still has to beat him out. The last thing I want is someone even WORSE than Pennington, who is mediocre at best & cripples any gameplan with his physical limitations.

I'm not claiming Pennington to be a pro-bowler, I just know that he can lead this team to the playoffs. Clemens hasn't proven sh1t.

Like I said I want Clemens to beat him out, I just can't see it happening.

I'm not claiming Pennington to be a pro-bowler, I just know that he can lead this team to the playoffs. Clemens hasn't proven sh1t.

Like I said I want Clemens to beat him out, I just can't see it happening.

I disagree, I don't think he has it in him anymore.

He had it in him two years ago like I said with a worse team. I don't see what has happened to say he can't do it again.

He had what in him? To throw picks & fumble the ball more than throw touchdowns?

If he played for anyone else, this entire board would be unloading on how badly he sucks.

And my point earlier is that you don't know when someone is going to suddenly become awful. Sometimes it's age, sometimes it's injury, and sometimes a gradual change only seems more abrupt because of lousy talent around him.

I can't believe that people who are so insistent that we get another RB are so satisfied with this QB.

Archived