Pray Miami goes Ryan #1!

NYjet10

If Miami takes Ryan, Chris Long will fall into our laps. Think about it.

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

3. ATL- B. Brohm, or G. Dorsey

4. OAK- DMC, or V. Gholston, or G. Dorsey

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

I really want Gholston, but if Long is there GOTTA GET HIM!!!!!!!!

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

I'd actually rather Gholston, better all around athlete and would be more suited for the OLB spot IMO.

Defence Wins Championships.

Id be very happy with Long. He will be a solid pro. Maybe not the highest ceiling, but probably least likely to bust. Long would be perfect if surrounded by guys like Harris, Pace, Rhodes, Jenkins, Revis.....

Id be very happy with Long. He will be a solid pro. Maybe not the highest ceiling, but probably least likely to bust. Long would be perfect if surrounded by guys like Harris, Pace, Rhodes, Jenkins, Revis.....

I agree. He's my #1 target but I just can't see him falling that far.

No way do Oakland pass on Howie's boy, just no way in hell.

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

The people who want Chris Long lack basic understanding of the 34...

The people who want Chris Long lack basic understanding of the 34...

No, he is definetly athletic enough to play OLB, regardless of what you may think. It's very similar to 4-3 End which is were he's be playing anyways.

It would not be a tough transition for him.

I want Gholston the most, but that's also because I thought Long had no chance at dropping to us, but If miami Ges QB WE CAN GET LONG!!!!!!!!

No, because either STL or OAK will draft him before we do. Long would be a great fit for either of them in the 43, I dont think he'd do so well in a 34 though.

BTW: I just relooked at that top 5 and saw KC taking Otah over Chris Long or even McKelvin or some other DB, and I almost busted a gut.

I'd actually rather Gholston, better all around athlete and would be more suited for the OLB spot IMO.

As much as I agree talent wise. Chris Long is more like what Lawrence Taylor was. Talented, motivated, and passionate about football

whereas i see Gholston being another workout baby wanting to GET PAID

As much as I agree talent wise. Chris Long is more like what Lawrence Taylor was. Talented, motivated, and passionate about football

whereas i see Gholston being another workout baby wanting to GET PAID

You see wrong. Gholston, with all that athleticism has the potential to be a complete beast at OLB. Long, IMO, is much better suited for the 4-3...

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

I want Gholston the most, but that's also because I thought Long had no chance at dropping to us, but If miami Ges QB WE CAN GET LONG!!!!!!!!

Does anyone think that If Miami goes QB that no other team will trade down to later round teams for long,McFadden, Gholston?

I've heard much about Chris Long, but it seems like he's a very good player along with all the other players that we talk about.

I really cant see (just from these forum conversations) that players that have this much anticipation around them will be going in the bottom 10 positions (6-10 Picks).

For example. From picks to through 5

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

My question to my fellow Jet Natives.... outside of Gholston and DMC being a possible pick between the 2nd and 5th pick, figuring that the rest of these guys (J. Long, J. Oath, B. Brohm, G. Dorsey) could be picked up towards the back end of the top 10 or the top 15. Do you think that the top 5 teams would trade down as well so teams like the Cowboys could make sure that they get the players that they need then pick up those original players at a lower pick which will save these teams money and still get the person they wanted? This is why I didnt want the Jets to win that last game because the #6th spot is a very difficult one to have when every player that you would like to have on your team can possibly go #1 let alone the top 5 spots.

It seems to be a very high possiblity that DMC, Chris long and Gholson may not even be there by the 6th pick even if Miami goes with the QB for the #1 pick.

Don't fool yourself. If Chris Long is there at 4, Oakland will take him. Al Davis actually wants to get back into the good graces of his fan base and that would settle them down for a few weeks. They'd LOVE to have Howie's son.

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

what about for those who dont have god

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

I want Long...but why would KC take Otah and not Long ?.... (I read it wrong..you have J. long going to the Rams...that was the Long I was talking about...I now see your point...but I am not sure about DE here...but it is an option...)

Problem is he's not big enough to play 3-4 DE and he won't be able to play OLB.

Sucks b/c I'd really like to have a pass rusher like him on our defense. Oh well, we have the greatest coach in the history of football at least.

Sucks b/c I'd really like to have a pass rusher like him on our defense. Oh well, we have the greatest coach in the history of football at least.

Defense does win championships... but you have to score points and last year was terrible... we had a horrible offense..and it wasnt just the o-line fault...

I want Long...but why would KC take Otah and not Long ?

The odds are that KC will draft for its biggest need, which is O-line. They are an even bigger mess than we were last year and did nothing via FA. Plus you've got Herm in the mix... enough said :-)

Chris Long would be perfect replacement for BT the underachiever

If Chris Long was black everyone here would be saying "He's an incredible athlete! Perfect for 3-4 OLB!!".

But he's white so he's labeled as a lesser athlete. Whatever, because Chris Long could easily play 3-4 OLB. His agility and change of direction drills were actually much better than Gholstons, at the combine.

Defense does win championships... but you have to score points and last year was terrible... we had a horrible offense..and it wasnt just the o-line fault...

But we had the next Brett Favre starting 8 games for us and the immortal Thomas Jones. Our offense was stacked.

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. You want Miami, our arch nemesis, to draft a potential franchise-quality QB, who can possibly inflict much more damage over his career than a DE? Don't get me wrong, I think Chris Long can and will be a force for years to come, but QB is the be-all end-all. I would love nothing better than to see Miami continue to fall back into the stone age of the NFL with Beck at the QB position.

I just think the Jets can better prepare against someone like Long down the road than Ryan. Besides, the Jets spent some coin on the O-line, or haven't you heard?

If Chris Long was black everyone here would be saying "He's an incredible athlete! Perfect for 3-4 OLB!!".

But he's white so he's labeled as a lesser athlete. Whatever, because Chris Long could easily play 3-4 OLB. His agility and change of direction drills were actually much better than Gholstons, at the combine.

It has nothing to do with race just look at his measurables. He doesn't have great timed speed and he's over 270 lbs. I know he played in a 3-4 but NFL players are alot faster than players in the ACC.

I'd love to have Chris Long on this team but I think he'd do better in a 4-3 which we're not going to play.

It has nothing to do with race just look at his measurables. He doesn't have great timed speed and he's over 270 lbs. I know he played in a 3-4 but NFL players are alot faster than players in the ACC.

I'd love to have Chris Long on this team but I think he'd do better in a 4-3 which we're not going to play.

YOU, look at his measurables.....

Aside from his 40 time, which is more than adequate, Chris Longs measurables are actually better than Gholstons. And like I said, he showed much better change of direction skills and backpedal at the combines than Gholston did. His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle times were better than Gholstons. And his 10 yard split on the 40 yard dash was identical to Gholstons.

Chris Long is an amazing athlete + nobody is more relentless than him when after the QB. He should be #1 on everybodys board for the Jets. And I would not be agaisnt trading up for him, he's that good.

YOU, look at his measurables.....

Aside from his 40 time, which is more than adequate, Chris Longs measurables are actually better than Gholstons. And like I said, he showed much better change of direction skills and backpedal at the combines than Gholston did. His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle times were better than Gholstons. And his 10 yard split on the 40 yard dash was identical to Gholstons.

Chris Long is an amazing athlete + nobody is more relentless than him when after the QB. He should be #1 on everybodys board for the Jets. And I would not be agaisnt trading up for him, he's that good.

I agree he's good all I've said is that he'd be better in a 4-3.

BTW Gholston ran a 4.6 and Long ran a 4.79. Hey maybe Long will be a beast at OLB and I was overstating my case but right now it looks like he'd be better of in a 4.3.

I'm not sure about that. His own coach Al Groh said he'd be better in the 3-4 as an OLB, than as a dlineman in the 4-3.

Al Groh is an idiot. He hyped up D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the next Walter Jones and I'm sure his Parcells-tree connections had something to do wih Mangini drafting him and he's been a disappointment.

Ofcourse he's going to say Long is better in the 3-4. He'd be making himself look stupid if he didn't. Long had a gret senior year but he didn't play that great his fist 3 years in college. Not saying Long will be a bust I think he'll be good. Mario had half a good season at NC State and he's now a beast in the NFL.

Groh traded Keyshawn Johnson and quit after one season. He's probably the last guy in the world the Jets should be listening too.

1. MIA- M. Ryan

2. STL- J. Long

5. KC- J. Otah

6. NYJ- C. LONG!!!!!!!!

You really think that Al Davis won't draft the son of Howie Long?

Al Groh is an idiot. He hyped up D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the next Walter Jones and I'm sure his Parcells-tree connections had something to do wih Mangini drafting him and he's been a disappointment.

Ofcourse he's going to say Long is better in the 3-4. He'd be making himself look stupid if he didn't. Long had a gret senior year but he didn't play that great his fist 3 years in college. Not saying Long will be a bust I think he'll be good. Mario had half a good season at NC State and he's now a beast in the NFL.

Groh traded Keyshawn Johnson and quit after one season. He's probably the last guy in the world the Jets should be listening too.

And why is that???

Archived