McFadden: MERGED

SUorangefootball

On the pro level Stewart is complete, he can go inside and out and has power galore while still maintaining blazing speeds. McFadden (in addition to having 4 kids from 4 different woman on the way) is limited in the same ways Reggie Bush has proved to be limited on a pro level since he lacks the power to run inside. I'm not saying McFadden won't be good, he will but i believe Stewart is a better pickup and from the Jets standpoint, would be a perfect compliment to Washington as a 1 2 punch down the line. Jones has 1 or 2 years left max before he's too slow and too banged up to be worthy of that salary, this draft is crucial for our long term development since we pick so high and i believe trading down round 1 and picking up addition picks is the way to go since value with a guy like Stewart in the mid teens is enormous (salary factors included!). Opinions?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we need to worry about an RB this draft. Jones and Washington are fine, and if Jones will be ineffective in 2 years we'll draft one 2 years from now when we hopefully have a late pick. Unless they are extremely talented, an RB isn't that big of a deal and RBs can contribute at least in a timeshare their rookie years.

I think Stewart will be the better *value* pick by far, but he's got his own set of warts. He runs with less power than his size and strength would indicate and, despite the good 40 time, doesn't show break-away game speed. He'll be a very good NFL RB -- solid player but not all that special.

I don't think we need to worry about an RB this draft. Jones and Washington are fine, and if Jones will be ineffective in 2 years we'll draft one 2 years from now when we hopefully have a late pick. Unless they are extremely talented, an RB isn't that big of a deal and RBs can contribute at least in a timeshare their rookie years.

How long will jones be fine for?? hes 30 years old and he has zero chance of breaking a run all the way to the house... hes not a game changer..game breaker..hes not anything.. he wasnt really good in chicago.. he was adequate... he almost lost his job to one of the biggest bust... cedic benson... thats not saying much..

So you like stewart... well if we took him we would hvae a oregon connection..

How long will jones be fine for?? hes 30 years old and he has zero chance of breaking a run all the way to the house... hes not a game changer..game breaker..hes not anything.. he wasnt really good in chicago.. he was adequate... he almost lost his job to one of the biggest bust... cedic benson... thats not saying much..

So you like stewart... well if we took him we would hvae a oregon connection..

DMC is horrible, I haven't seen a back as bad get so much hype since curtis enis, Kajana (sp?) Carter, He didn't even have a position in college, RB/QB sounds to me like Kordell Stewart only worse. I do like Stewart from Oregon and in the later rounds Johnson from east carolina. I would liek to see a DE/ or stud ILB.

Stewart is injury prone, no thanks

And as far as 4 kids from 4 mothers, do you know how many kids Gary Sheffield had before he came into the MLB as a rookie? Do you know how many mothers? Did it stop him from being a great player?

Gary Sheffield is a piece of ****

Stewart is injury prone, no thnx

And as far as 4 kids from 4 mothers, do you know how many kids Gary Sheffield had before he came into the MLB as a rookie? Do you know how many mothers? Did it stop him from being a great player?

I am all for having children out of wedlock, it seems to be a good sign, shawn kemp the early years, Shef, tom brady, hey even travis henry is better then anyone we have carrying the ball

DMC is horrible, I haven't seen a back as bad get so much hype since curtis enis, Kajana (sp?) Carter

yeah he's so horrible he ripped up the SEC for 3 years. So terrible he embarassed LSU. You mentioned 2 Penn State running backs, DMC is in a whole nother league, literally.

Mendenhall, by far, is the best RB in this class. He has the speed and quickness of DMC, and he has the power of Stewart. Mendenhall is a clone of Jamal Lewis when Lewis was in his prime. He is the RB with the most potential to be an elite back IMO.

yeah he's so horrible he ripped up the SEC for 3 years. So terrible he embarassed LSU. You mentioned 2 Penn State running backs, DMC is in a whole nother league, literally.

Curtis Enis maybe, but not Kijana Carter. Carter was a flat out stud in college. He was destined for greatness until he destroyed his knee in his 1st preseason game. Carter was an amazing talent.

Oh yeah, Stewart is injured as of right now and may miss all of next year.

His rookie season he will be on the sideline, his 2nd year will actually be his rookie year and it will take him till his 3rd year to have a breakout type of season, and may get another injury.

Sorry, but hes already injury prone. I would love to see what JN would have to say about DMC if he was injured right now. These guys are saying he has chicken legs and will get injured before he even got injured but when Stewart is injured... hes better than DMC? Get real

Stewart lacks the extra gear. He's like Thomas Jones. Will grind out 5 or 10 yard carries but doesn't break the big run.

Thats just not true considering he did it countless times this season for the Ducks. Also if a back would continually get 5-10 yard carries I'm estatic.

As for injury concerns almost all of his injuries before this turf toe have come from the fact that he is huge and would continually try to run full speed constantly and his huge frame was too much for his ankles to handle. He realized this and didn't have that problem this year. Lastly even when hurt he still plays and generally plays well.

Also he and Mendenhall will be considered the two great backs from this draft. DMC will be remembered as nothing more but a bust.

Game speed I think they're both equal. DMC had LB's catching up to him on long runs. It's alot different when they put the pads on.

WHAT!!! no he didnt!!!! that one mayock showed was a guy that wa infron tof dmc that slowed him down... so the linebacker caught up.. look its one thing to not like the guy but to say hes not a talent is ridicuous..

Oh yeah, Stewart is injured as of right now and may miss all of next year.

His rookie season he will be on the sideline, his 2nd year will actually be his rookie year and it will take him till his 3rd year to have a breakout type of season, and may get another injury.

Sorry, but hes already injury prone. I would love to see what JN would have to say about DMC if he was injured right now. These guys are saying he has chicken legs and will get injured before he even got injured but when Stewart is injured... hes better than DMC? Get real

Are you serious? You realize Stewart got the surgery last week because now he will be ready for Traning camp instead of waiting till he was drafted. He won't miss any games period. You clearly don't know what your talking about.

Also Bit DMC may have run a 4.27 without pads but Ali Highsmith who ran a 4.7 40 caught up to him on a straighaway this year. Thats not that impressive.

Here you go, until the WR blocked him out of bounds he was catching right up to McFadden:

I apologize, he's a safety who runs a 4.5. Still just as bad IMO.

rkYuOIgugYY

Wow...lol you must be nuts.... anyways I am sick going through this...I wann see who the jets take in the draft... and then let them play..with a kean eye were mcfadden goes and see how his career goes..

Here you go, until the WR blocked him out of bounds he was catching right up to McFadden:

I apologize, he's a safety who runs a 4.5. Still just as bad IMO.

rkYuOIgugYY

Thats a safety, not a LB... Not even close. How many times did that Safety run the ball? How many times did that Safety get hit during the game? Even if he would have tackled McFadden, it doesnt matter, it was still a great run.

Even Deon Sanders got burnt deep at times by slower WR's

Game speed I think they're both equal. DMC had LB's catching up to him on long runs. It's alot different when they put the pads on.

DMC loses no speed when he puts the pads on. If he did he wouldn't be able to run away from the best defenses in the country. No offense to Mendhenhall who is a very good back in his own right, but DMC is faster.

oh and as for that clip, Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. He almost got caught is not the same as he got caught.

Who cares if someone caught DMC from behind?

I recall Ben Watson catching Champ Bailey from behind. That mean Bailey sucks?

Honestly, I think a lot of the McFadden hatred comes from anti-SEC bias.

Not from me. I just like arguing.

I still don't like drafting RB's that high, and I like more powerful RB's who break tackles generally, but I wouldn't say I'd exactly be angry if we drafted him. There are worse things to do with a draft pick.

Not from me. I just like arguing.

I still don't like drafting RB's that high, and I like more powerful RB's who break tackles generally, but I wouldn't say I'd exactly be angry if we drafted him. There are worse things to do with a draft pick.

I can understand not wanting the Jets to draft him, but to say the guy flat-out sucks like some are doing is just ridiculous.

I can understand not wanting the Jets to draft him, but to say the guy flat-out sucks like some are doing is just ridiculous.

DMC certainly ran over my tide and did pretty well vs LSU

who are the knuckleheads that say this kid does not run with power?

again the character issue is a concern

I don't think anyone has argued he flat out sucks. He is a talented athlete, I personaly don't think though that his style of running is going to translate to the NFL as well as other backs in this class. I think he has way to high a chance at being a bust to give him a better contract then LaDainian Tomlinson coming out of college. Not when RB isn't even close to being a need.

If we take him, then whatever I hope he makes me look like a jackass for doubting him at #6. I would be happier if they do want a RB that they grab one later then #6.

Archived