McFadden: MERGED

SUorangefootball

The Oakland Raiders will have a college superstar running back playing his first game in the NFL this season.

As a junior, this phenom rushed for 1,143 yards and 23 touchdowns on only 205 carries. In his last performance, he rushed for 128 yards and three touchdowns...in the first half! You can't forget about the tight spirals and touchdowns being thrown while he was playing quarterback either.

He's 6-foot-2, 245 lbs, and has some of the quickest feet of any player in the country. Wait a minute. Those numbers don't match up to Darren McFadden. As a matter of fact, he already has a number.

So who is this player?

His name is Michael Bush. His last game was the first game of the season versus Kentucky, where he had the infamous right tibia break during his third touchdown run at the beginning of the second half. That was supposed to be his Heisman season.

Luckily for the Raiders, this sure lock of a top 15 pick dropped to the fourth round at pick number 100. He's a product of the Male High School Bulldogs, where he played quarterback, cornerback, safety, running back, linebacker, defensive end, and wide receiver. He played quarterback in the state championship game against fellow Louisville teammate Brian Brohm, and threw for 468 yards, six touchdowns passing, one touchdown running, and another 116 yards on the ground.

His solid frame and quick feet have him drawing comparisons to Jamal Lewis. In the hole, the short, choppy steps that are taken to find the proper lane and then be gone, are the ones that separate these two backs from the likes of others.

Except Michael Bush has an insane amount of explosiveness. His initial burst and sudden change of lateral movement to elude and then power over not only defensive backs, but linebackers, make him a rare find. Coming out of the backfield, his hands are exceptional on the swing pass.

We already have Justin Fargas, who isn't a "home-run hitter," but can always find the right lane, and gained 1,000 yards in only eight starts. Don't forget about the veteran Dominic Rhodes either. LaMont will be cut on the first of June, so I do not need to include him on this. If it wasn't for Denver and Kansas City in serious running back trouble, LaMont would've been gone and we could've got an insight on Bush then.

Unlike McFadden, who runs through gaps, Bush makes gaps. Ask anyone, especially Reggie Bush. Those holes in the college level aren't there in the NFL.

In the zone blocking scheme, you patiently wait, then make the hole and break through the hole. Those short, choppy steps that grind through opposing defenders, make him inevitably a threat to change direction at any time with fantastic reflexes. He fits our zone system better then any running back in the draft.

I don't know about you, but I've never seen McFadden go anywhere except through a gaping hold in the middle or run to the outside then just run on a straight line. That is not our system my fellow Raider fans. Let's stick with the runner who can break a tackle.

So for all the jackasses out there that still have DMC going to the raiders..they need to stop already... I am not worried about DMC going to the raiders..Im worried the chiefs trade there pick...

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little touchy on the dmc topic. j.k. try not to let it worry you. What happens, happens and just hope the jets get the best player that can help them win.

I almost want the Jets to NOT get DMC just to see Toon go into a tailspin on the boards. I'll have my popcorn out ready for that :)

I almost want the Jets to NOT get DMC just to see Toon go into a tailspin on the boards. I'll have my popcorn out ready for that :)

I was going to go to the draft but I have like 6 or 7 coworkers coming over along with my brother.. they all are coming just to see my reaction if the jets dont get mcfadden.. and I will dismantle right in front of there eyes... and blow up on the board... lol

Unless... They get gholston... then I wont be so miserable.. I wil be sad but I can live with gholston...

I was going to go to the draft but I have like 6 or 7 coworkers coming over along with my brother.. they all are coming just to see my reaction if the jets dont get mcfadden.. and I will dismantle right in front of there eyes... and blow up on the board... lol

Unless... They get gholston... then I wont be so miserable.. I wil be sad but I can live with gholston...

I see a waiver,,,face it DMC will not be a Jet. Last mock I saw McFadden is going 9th to Cincinnati...your boy is falling like a rock because of his character issues (he will be perfect in Cincy) and because the NFL eats players like him up fast. We don't need the #6 overall to take direct snaps and run the option, we already have Brad Smith for that

The Oakland Raiders will have a college superstar running back playing his first game in the NFL this season.

As a junior, this phenom rushed for 1,143 yards and 23 touchdowns on only 205 carries. In his last performance, he rushed for 128 yards and three touchdowns...in the first half! You can't forget about the tight spirals and touchdowns being thrown while he was playing quarterback either.

He's 6-foot-2, 245 lbs, and has some of the quickest feet of any player in the country. Wait a minute. Those numbers don't match up to Darren McFadden. As a matter of fact, he already has a number.

So who is this player?

His name is Michael Bush. His last game was the first game of the season versus Kentucky, where he had the infamous right tibia break during his third touchdown run at the beginning of the second half. That was supposed to be his Heisman season.

Luckily for the Raiders, this sure lock of a top 15 pick dropped to the fourth round at pick number 100. He's a product of the Male High School Bulldogs, where he played quarterback, cornerback, safety, running back, linebacker, defensive end, and wide receiver. He played quarterback in the state championship game against fellow Louisville teammate Brian Brohm, and threw for 468 yards, six touchdowns passing, one touchdown running, and another 116 yards on the ground.

His solid frame and quick feet have him drawing comparisons to Jamal Lewis. In the hole, the short, choppy steps that are taken to find the proper lane and then be gone, are the ones that separate these two backs from the likes of others.

Except Michael Bush has an insane amount of explosiveness. His initial burst and sudden change of lateral movement to elude and then power over not only defensive backs, but linebackers, make him a rare find. Coming out of the backfield, his hands are exceptional on the swing pass.

We already have Justin Fargas, who isn't a "home-run hitter," but can always find the right lane, and gained 1,000 yards in only eight starts. Don't forget about the veteran Dominic Rhodes either. LaMont will be cut on the first of June, so I do not need to include him on this. If it wasn't for Denver and Kansas City in serious running back trouble, LaMont would've been gone and we could've got an insight on Bush then.

Unlike McFadden, who runs through gaps, Bush makes gaps. Ask anyone, especially Reggie Bush. Those holes in the college level aren't there in the NFL.

In the zone blocking scheme, you patiently wait, then make the hole and break through the hole. Those short, choppy steps that grind through opposing defenders, make him inevitably a threat to change direction at any time with fantastic reflexes. He fits our zone system better then any running back in the draft.

I don't know about you, but I've never seen McFadden go anywhere except through a gaping hold in the middle or run to the outside then just run on a straight line. That is not our system my fellow Raider fans. Let's stick with the runner who can break a tackle.

So for all the jackasses out there that still have DMC going to the raiders..they need to stop already... I am not worried about DMC going to the raiders..Im worried the chiefs trade there pick...

You're absolutely right. Michael Bush will be a hell of alot better RB than McFadden. Congrats on finally seeing the light.

Get your friends to record your reaction and then post it on YouTube :)

You're absolutely right. Michael Bush will be a hell of alot better RB than McFadden. Congrats on finally seeing the light.

NO its just saying they have 4 capable backs... Al davis is crazy but he is not blind.. he knows that and as long as people think he will take DMC he has value for that pick.. hes not taking him.. and if he does I will say he deserves to have him.. and then just move on..

NO its just saying they have 4 capable backs... Al davis is crazy but he is not blind.. he knows that and as long as people think he will take DMC he has value for that pick.. hes not taking him.. and if he does I will say he deserves to have him.. and then just move on..

you mean no more mcfadden threads?

After getting a couple private messages..I think I will tape my draft from start to the 6th pick... My reactions and everything... if anyone is curious on exactly how I react it will be there for all to see..lol So with mcfadden or not you will see me in all my glory.. or misery...

But until then..enjoy this youtube video out of my personal collection...

After getting a couple private messages..I think I will tape my draft from start to the 6th pick... My reactions and everything... if anyone is curious on exactly how I react it will be there for all to see..lol So with mcfadden or not you will see me in all my glory.. or misery...

Arkansas had a great O-line.

Arkansas had a great O-line.

Did they? ok then can you answer this question? How many arkansas o-lineman will be picked in the first round of this years draft? ..dont worry I'll wait..

btw we have a pretty good o-line ourselves right about now.. but anyways answer the question..

Did they? ok then can you answer this question? How many arkansas o-lineman will be picked in the first round of this years draft? ..dont worry I'll wait..

btw we have a pretty good o-line ourselves right about now.. but anyways answer the question..

There were some big-ass holes in that video.

Just sayin'

great video TOON. i LOVE this kid.

RUN D.M.C. or BUST

don't tell me about character concerns...watch this video

I don't understand wtf a highlight clip has to do with character issues............ plus this is over a year old.

Has he stayed out of trouble over the last year?

I can post a highlight of Adam Jones(not a pro wrestling one), if it's good enough can we forget about his character concerns? Titans ignored his character concerns at #6 that's payed off

**** how about another Little Rock, Arkansas native who went #6 overall. Lawrence Phillips, boy he had some impressive highlight's. St Louis was so pumped about those highlights they ignored any character concerns about him. He was an even worse pick at 6 then Jone's.

Who cares about character when you got talent, right?

Lets invest a small fortune into a player who's not only unproven against NFL competition, but who also has character issues. Always seems to work out for the best.

I don't understand wtf a highlight clip has to do with character issues............ plus this is over a year old.

Has he stayed out of trouble over the last year?

I can post a highlight of Adam Jones(not a pro wrestling one), if it's good enough can we forget about his character concerns? Titans ignored his character concerns at #6 that's payed off

**** how about another Little Rock, Arkansas native who went #6 overall. Lawrence Phillips, boy he had some impressive highlight's. St Louis was so pumped about those highlights they ignored any character concerns about him. He was an even worse pick at 6 then Jone's.

Who cares about character when you got talent, right?

Lets invest a small fortune into a player who's not only unproven against NFL competition, but who also has character issues. Always seems to work out for the best.

I could care less about how many girlfriends the guy has, he put the ball on the ground 15 times.

Not at 6

the reality is no one in the top 5 is likely to pick Mcfadden unless someone trades up to get him, which means if he's staring tangini in the face they're either going to grab him or try to trade down using him or Ryan as bait.

if we do pick mcfadden i won't be as concerned about his character with our locker room, especially with tony richardson and curtis martin (that's his thing isn't it?) mentoring him. don't get me wrong i think he'll have a challenge being in new york anyway, but i'd be more concerned about his durability. in the nfl they're going to be all over his legs.

what's the over/under for how many games he'll play his first season? for how many years he'll play in the league?

Archived