McFadden: MERGED

SUorangefootball

DMC certainly ran over my tide and did pretty well vs LSU

who are the knuckleheads that say this kid does not run with power?

again the character issue is a concern

I'm one of those knuckleheads! Just show me a clip where he does run with power (and I'm not talking about stiff arming a DB either) and I'll reiterate everything I've said. I also never said he sucks, just don't trust taking any RB that high!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the pro level Stewart is complete, he can go inside and out and has power galore while still maintaining blazing speeds. McFadden (in addition to having 4 kids from 4 different woman on the way) is limited in the same ways Reggie Bush has proved to be limited on a pro level since he lacks the power to run inside. I'm not saying McFadden won't be good, he will but i believe Stewart is a better pickup and from the Jets standpoint, would be a perfect compliment to Washington as a 1 2 punch down the line. Jones has 1 or 2 years left max before he's too slow and too banged up to be worthy of that salary, this draft is crucial for our long term development since we pick so high and i believe trading down round 1 and picking up addition picks is the way to go since value with a guy like Stewart in the mid teens is enormous (salary factors included!). Opinions?

In regards to the running backs, I agree. Stewart is going to be a steal because his draft pick will go down because of surgery....over a turf toe. Thats not really a serious injury, we should trade down, get a mid range pick (if we dont take either gholston or long) and pick up stewart between the 15th 20th picks....depending who we trade down with.

The world will end in 2013.....sucks dont it??

In regards to the running backs, I agree. Stewart is going to be a steal because his draft pick will go down because of surgery....over a turf toe. Thats not really a serious injury, we should trade down, get a mid range pick (if we dont take either gholston or long) and pick up stewart between the 15th 20th picks....depending who we trade down with.

The world will end in 2013.....sucks dont it??

Turf toe is a VERY serious injury, it just sounds harmless.

Ask Laveranues Coles and Deion Sanders if it is a minor injury.

I'm one of those knuckleheads! Just show me a clip where he does run with power (and I'm not talking about stiff arming a DB either) and I'll reiterate everything I've said. I also never said he sucks, just don't trust taking any RB that high!

All I have seen so far is speed. If he finds a seam he will go to the house. But you have to project: Will he fumble 10 or 11 times. Will he average 1 yard a carry for 3 of every 5. Will he get hurt? Will he father 5 or 6 more illegitimate children and hold out every year......?

Turf toe is a VERY serious injury, it just sounds harmless.

Ask Laveranues Coles and Deion Sanders if it is a minor injury.

Or Jonathan Ogden.

Coles didn't even get the surgery because it was 50/50 that he might never play again.

They were just doing a bit on it on NFL network (radio). How it sounds like a pu**y injury & you can't f'ing move on it.

The raiders will not select DMC.... They cant afford him!! Javon walker,Deangelo Hall made that for sure along with having 4 running backs on there team... With three years for fargus and a glaring need at DT... with two Studs coming out? Along with Howies VBoy Slipping to them possibly??

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

The raiders will not select DMC.... They cant afford him!! Javon walker,Deangelo Hall made that for sure along with having 4 running backs on there team... With three years for fargus and a glaring need at DT... with two Studs coming out? Along with Howies VBoy Slipping to them possibly??

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

:confused0058:

Al Davis could do anything.

You are the king of unnecessary McFadden posts, and you are telling people to stop posting stupid McFadden ****? Al Davis' own head coach has no Idea whats going on in Oakland neither does anyone else, the man is out of his ****ing mind and is only getting more crazy with every passing day.

You are the king of unnecessary McFadden posts, and you are telling people to stop posting stupid McFadden ****? Al Davis' own head coach has no Idea whats going on in Oakland neither does anyone else, the man is out of his ****ing mind and is only getting more crazy with every passing day.

You're right up there with unnecessary posts too my friend.

You're right up there with unnecessary posts too my friend.

You don't like me because you are in the McFadden nuthugging club. Look at my name, without you guy's I would just disappear. I only joined because of your club. If you all go a week without the nonstop McFadden bull**** I will let the Mod's ban my name and IP.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

And you belive the furture is Fargus? please! Mcfadden will not go past the Raiders if he is there Bank On In!

Exactly... Your more of a McFadden basher than a real Jets fan.

No, I love the jets and had been reading this forum for over a year. I just got so sick of the DMC BS, and saw in one of the mod's posts it said if you have an opinion click here and register. So I did, I think he is the most over hyped player since Bush. I don't even hate McFadden. I hate picking him at 6.

No, I love the jets and had been reading this forum for over a year. I just got so sick of the DMC BS, and saw in one of the mod's posts it said if you have an opinion click here and register. So I did, I think he is the most over hyped player since Bush. I don't even hate McFadden. I hate picking him at 6.

How is Reggie Bush hyped? he caught 70 balls last season and ran for 500 yards and 500 RY with i think 7 total TDs in his second year......?

Im sick of people bashing Reggie Bush. If it was not for him the Saints would not have a spread out offense OR a OFFENSE for that matter last year or the year before that. Reggie causes match up problems for every team that faces the Saints

How is Reggie Bush hyped? he caught 70 balls last season and ran for 500 yards and 500 RY with i think 7 total TDs in his second year......?

Im sick of people bashing Reggie Bush. If it was not for him the Saints would not have a spread out offense OR a OFFENSE for that matter last year or the year before that. Reggie causes match up problems for every team that faces the Saints

He was over hyped, and it's not his fault. He's a good player but he will never be what they built him up to be. He can never be a #1 RB he needs Deuce. Together they are a great combo the problem is their way to expensive to keep both over the long haul. We already saw that Reggie isn't big enough to carry the load himself, so what happens? The problem with taking these guys so ealry is the money. I wouldn't be upset if we took McFadden, but at 6 it's to much. Same thing holds true for Reggie if he wasn;t built up to be the greatest and got taken later on, people would be impressed with what he's done.

SI.com's Jim Trotter was told "in passing" by a Raiders employee last year that owner Al Davis is "infatuated" with Darren McFadden.

Of Oakland potentially taking McFadden No. 4 overall, a source familiar with the Raiders' situation said he could "definitely see that happening." The Raiders' offseason investments on defense seemingly make it a bit more likely that they'll use their first-round pick on an offensive player.

http://www.rotoworld.com

Cornerback DeAngelo Hall's impending trade from the Falcons to the Raiders can only mean one thing for the Silver and Black:

Oakland will select Arkansas running back Darren McFadden with the fourth pick in next month's draft.

Of course, that's purely speculation. But a person familiar with the team's personnel meetings told me this week that he could "definitely see that happening."

One reason is the lack of a breakaway threat in the team's offensive backfield. Another is owner Al Davis' weak spot for playmakers with speed. And finally there is the financial commitment the Raiders have made on defense this offseason.

The unit slipped badly last year, falling from third overall in 2006 to 22nd in 2007. Davis took swift (if not irrational) action this offseason by giving tackle Tommy Kelly just over $18 million in guarantees, making Giants free agent Gibril Wilson the third-highest-paid safety in the game, committing a minimum of $9.45 million to cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha as an exclusive "franchise" player, and he reportedly will sign Hall to a new multiyear deal that averages $10 million a year.

That's a lot of money for one side of the ball in one offseason, particularly with the team still looking to add an edge rusher to complement left end Derrick Burgess -- who, by the way, has let the club know he is seeking a raise from the $2 million he's scheduled to earn this year and next. The Raiders believe Kelly and Terdell Sands can hold down the interior of the defensive line, and with only one draft pick in the first three rounds after the trade for Hall is finalized, Davis has to ask himself whether he wants to sink more money into the defense or use the fourth overall selection on an offensive standout who could make life easier for quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick in last year's draft.

That's where McFadden comes into play. While attending a Raiders game last season, I was told in passing by a team employee that Davis was infatuated with McFadden. For good reason. Davis always has been blinded by speed, and McFadden often leaves a vapor trail when he turns the corner.

The Raiders return their top three rushers from an offense that ranked sixth in rushing last season, averaging 130.4 yards a game, but Justin Fargas, LaMont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes combined for only two touchdown runs of 10 or more yards and none beyond 19 yards. McFadden is a threat to go the distance each time he touches the ball. He covered the 40-yard dash at the combine in a blistering 4.33 seconds, and in his final two seasons at Arkansas he had at least nine carries of 50 or more yards, including two of 80.

Those are the kinds of numbers that put Davis' attention in a chokehold. He thrives on the big play. That's why he favors the vertical passing game and bump-and-run cornerbacks. He wants his clubs to be feared, not just respected -- neither of which has been the case the last five seasons, during which Oakland has a 19-61 record.

The Raiders still need help on the offensive line and could use another wide receiver, but Davis, who is said to be proceeding without much input from coach Lane Kiffin, likely believes he sufficiently addressed those areas with the free-agent signings of tackle Kwame Harris (who lost his starting job to a rookie last season in San Francisco) and wideout Javon Walker (who missed eight games last season in Denver after having his third knee surgery in three years).

That brings us back to McFadden. A source close to the player said McFadden is expected to meet with the Raiders in the next couple of weeks. He visited Tuesday with the Jets, who have the sixth pick, but it's possible he won't be around when New York is on the clock.

Miami, St. Louis and Atlanta select ahead of Oakland, but none of them needs a running back. The Dolphins have Ronnie Brown, whom they selected second overall a couple of years ago; the Rams have Steven Jackson, one of the game's top young backs; and the Falcons signed San Diego free agent Michael Turner to a $34.5 million deal. So the likelihood is strong that McFadden will be there when the Raiders select -- again, barring a trade by another club to jump ahead of Oakland.

Team sources contend the Raiders are high on defensive ends Chris Long of Virginia and Vernon Gholston of Ohio State, but even if they're on the board when the Raiders are up, the evidence seems to indicate that the Raiders will go with McFadden. Wisely so.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/03/19/raiders/index.html?eref=si_nfl

I think he is the most over hyped player since Bush..

Originally Posted by SayNoToDMC viewpost.gif

I think McFadden was one of the best college players I've ever seen. .

Dude, get real man... First you said in another thread that McFadden was one of the best college players that you have ever seen

Now your saying that hes the most over hyped player since Buch, you make no sence man, none at all.

He's the #2 All Time leading rusher for the SEC, thats more than hype, thats alot of talent with a **** load of potential.

And no, im not trying to attack your oppinion, but at the same time... You went out of your way to make a stupid screen name all because other Jet fans are excited about the thought of McFadden in our backfield for years to come. If the Jets draft McFadden, I hope you keep your screen name

Oh yeah, you also said that u signed up to post because you were sick of all the McFadden talk, guess what? Your screen name doesnt make the situation any better

Originally Posted by SayNoToDMC viewpost.gif

I think McFadden was one of the best college players I've ever seen. .

Dude, get real man... First you said in another thread that McFadden was one of the best college players that you have ever seen

Now your saying that hes the most over hyped player since Buch, you make no sence man, none at all.

He's the #2 All Time leading rusher for the SEC, thats more than hype, thats alot of talent with a **** load of potential.

And no, im not trying to attack your oppinion, but at the same time... You went out of your way to make a stupid screen name all because other Jet fans are excited about the thought of McFadden in our backfield for years to come. If the Jets draft McFadden, I hope you keep your screen name

Oh yeah, you also said that u signed up to post because you were sick of all the McFadden talk, guess what? Your screen name doesnt make the situation any better

Yep, he is one of the best COLLEGE players I've ever seen, but guess what so was Reggie bush you ****ing putz. You continue to attack me on my evaluation of him. Let me ask you somthing honestly did you think Reggie would be a good pro, because I told everyone who would listen he was going to be the biggest bust ever, and I thought the Texans where brilliant. I thought the Jets where gunna get Willaims that year, and I wanted them to take him or Cutler.

He was all time #2, but as I've said I don't know how many times I've said in response to that what are Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker's #'s out of the QB position. I'm not attacking McFadden for running gimmick offenses because obviously it's what the team felt was best, but they don't work in the NFL and is hes never going to run them there.

I hated the way that Reggie Bush would run from sideline to sideline, I thought he was explosive but he was always a WR playing the position of a RB, it was clear to see that he's not an every down back

I just love the way that DMC hits the hole and gets into the secondary after one move

He was over hyped, and it's not his fault. He's a good player but he will never be what they built him up to be. He can never be a #1 RB he needs Deuce. Together they are a great combo the problem is their way to expensive to keep both over the long haul. We already saw that Reggie isn't big enough to carry the load himself, so what happens? The problem with taking these guys so ealry is the money. I wouldn't be upset if we took McFadden, but at 6 it's to much. Same thing holds true for Reggie if he wasn;t built up to be the greatest and got taken later on, people would be impressed with what he's done.

Your not in New Orleans to make that judgement about the hype Bush still is down there. Bush is a solid ball player in his second year he is not just Nobody. He will shine in 08

Your not in New Orleans to make that judgement about the hype Bush still is down there. Bush is a solid ball player in his second year he is not just Nobody. He will shine in 08

No one is arguing he isn't a solid ball player, but he will never ber what he was hyped up to be. He will also never be worth what he's getting payed. Thats the problem with Media hype and more so then hype the ridiculous contracts NFL teams have to pay these kids coming out of college. They need to implement a system for paying the pick's, then I will have nothing to bitch about all day.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Somebody has a man crush on Darren:baby:

No one is arguing he isn't a solid ball player, but he will never ber what he was hyped up to be. He will also never be worth what he's getting payed. Thats the problem with Media hype and more so then hype the ridiculous contracts NFL teams have to pay these kids coming out of college. They need to implement a system for paying the pick's, then I will have nothing to bitch about all day.

I Agree he is overpaid but gosh not everyone can be A.Peterson there first season. they no passing game in Minnsota. Minnsota had no choice but to pound the rock. Once Minnsota gets a passing game A.Peterson will be a knockout punch type RB not the hole offense like he was last season

I guess winning the last game was totally worth it... we would have the third pick and had a choice... win vs Kc..how ridiculous...

It was absolutely worth it. Just because D. M looked great in college does NOT mean he will be a great pro.

Calvin Johnson last year was supposed to be an awesome receiver last year. as far as i know he did not have the impact that Randy moss had in his rookie year.

Dont forget Ray Rice.

I've heard you bring him up a few times, i haven't had the chance to see him play at all. But it wouldn't surprise me to have a dark horse be better than all the 'elite' backs in this particular draft.

Archived