McFadden: MERGED

SUorangefootball

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The raiders will not select DMC.... They cant afford him!! Javon walker,Deangelo Hall made that for sure along with having 4 running backs on there team... With three years for fargus and a glaring need at DT... with two Studs coming out? Along with Howies VBoy Slipping to them possibly??

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

You're not thinking. They will not be picking then. They just got Dangelo Hall. there secondary is sick right now. They will trade their pick....prefereably to the Cowboys.

A lot of people tend to overhype some of the lower prospects simply because they aren't the mcfaddns or petersons of the class. If stewart was the one at the top of class this year than he would be getting torn down and everyone would be saying how mcfadden would be a better back, it's as simple as that. People would overtalk his injury, which could be potentially serious if it's chronic, but would have him dropping out of the top ten because of it. People talk about mcfadden playing out of a gimmicky offense, well stewart played in a relatively weak pac 10 division playing exclusively out of a spread offense. He was a workhorse for only one full season and has always battled injuries. He might have some of the highest upside, but he doesn't have the production you want out of your top 10 pick.

Mendenhall is someone who i have #1 on my RB board, because he is the type of runningback that i want. McFadden may be a more elite back, but i like mendenhall for the type of offense that i would like to run; i like my backs to be able to catch out of the backfield, has good speed, but doesn't have to be elite speed, picks up the tough yards, has good vision and he can be an every down back in the NFL his rookie year, because he's great at picking up blocks. However, if he was the #1 back all season than everyone would be knocking things about him; he didn't carry the load up until this season (however u could spin that and say he doesn't have a lot of mileage), he also has had his share of fumbling problems not to mention not exactly tearing up a weaker conference.

All in all i love stewart and mendenhall and think both can be very succesfull running backs put in the right situation. I beleive we are a good situation for a rookie runningback to be in, which is why i now feel mcfadden could be very succesfull here. We have a good oline on paper, a great FB and two other backs to take the pressure off of him. I'm not saying i want mcfadden as our pick, but we could do worse; if our talent evaluating team thinks he's the real deal than i'll be happy, but i do feel he'll be a raider. Al davis has loaded up on defensive talent and seems prime to cut jordan, while basically giving fargas a 1 year deal with the options for the next years. I would definately not be surprised if both mcfadden and gholsten were gone with our pick.

How is Reggie Bush hyped? he caught 70 balls last season and ran for 500 yards and 500 RY with i think 7 total TDs in his second year......?

Im sick of people bashing Reggie Bush. If it was not for him the Saints would not have a spread out offense OR a OFFENSE for that matter last year or the year before that. Reggie causes match up problems for every team that faces the Saints

Have you seen the guy play since he left Southern Cal?

He ****ing sucks as a pro. His longest rush in the NFL is 22 yards. TWENTY-TWO! What an explosive player. And, yes, he did catch 73 passes last year....for 400 yards. That sucks so bad it's unbelievable.

Aaron Stecker > Reggie Bush, and it's not even remotely close.

I guess winning the last game was totally worth it... we would have the third pick and had a choice... win vs Kc..how ridiculous...

Even if we lost, were we guaranteed the 3rd spot or would we have been part of the coin toss to determine positioning??

BTW...

This is whats great about sports, the greatest thing about sports is:

(lean forward) YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

(lean back with confused Herm look on face-- you know the face-- the one where its 4th and inches on the 29 and Herm cant decide between a FG or go for it and the play clock runs out..)- HELLO?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME (using hands to emphasize point)

You dont play to just play it.

Thats the great thing about sports, you play to win

I dont care if you dont have any wins, you go play to win.

When you start telling me it doesnt matter, then retire, get out

(unintelligible muttering for 6 seconds....)

This whole conversation bothers me....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

as crappy a coach is Herm is He is dead right about that. If the Jets lost to the Chiefs last year, going into this year subconsciously they'd still think, "geez we couldn't beat our old sorry ass coach and the chiefs"

anyone who thinks losing is good, go be a coach and lose on purpose, say but we'll get a better draft pick, see how many fans you'll have. This isn't basketball where a draft pick matters. This is football where some of the greatest players ever are never picked in the top 5 and not even in the 1st round.

Jerry Rice - 14 - 16 pick overall ( i forgot)

Joe Montana -3rd round

Curtis Martin - 3rd round

Tom Brady - 6th round

Wayne Chrebet - undrafted

Tony romo - undrafted

Terrel Davis - 5th round (i think)

Terrel owens - 3rd round

Randy moss 22nd pick.

If you wanted the Jets to tank. Go be a fan of the lions, where losing is all the rage.

We in Green are trying to win a championship.

There's one thing a high draft choice can't get you, A guy with Heart, and guys wth heart win championships

as crappy a coach is Herm is He is dead right about that. If the Jets lost to the Chiefs last year, going into this year subconsciously they'd still think, "geez we couldn't beat our old sorry ass coach and the chiefs"

anyone who thinks losing is good, go be a coach and lose on purpose, say but we'll get a better draft pick, see how many fans you'll have. This isn't basketball where a draft pick matters. This is football where some of the greatest players ever are never picked in the top 5 and not even in the 1st round.

Jerry Rice - 14 - 16 pick overall ( i forgot)

Joe Montana -3rd round

Curtis Martin - 3rd round

Tom Brady - 6th round

Wayne Chrebet - undrafted

Tony romo - undrafted

Terrel Davis - 5th round (i think)

Terrel owens - 3rd round

Randy moss 22nd pick.

If you wanted the Jets to tank. Go be a fan of the lions, where losing is all the rage.

We in Green are trying to win a championship.

There's one thing a high draft choice can't get you, A guy with Heart, and guys wth heart win championships

true but that may not be most cases

true but that may not be most cases

yeah well what did last years top 5 do

Jamarcus Russel , a few starts no wins, now is a moose

Calvin Johnson - 49 catches 756 yards 4 tds

Joe Thomas - Helped clevland big time

Gaines adams - 38 tackles 6 sacks- MEH

Levi Brown - helped the run pas protection stunk

thats 1 out of 5, Was a top 5 pick really worth it

Don't you think it's a bit premature to call them busts? I know those aren't your words, but it's implied.

Kerry Rhodes and Tom Brady didn't do much their rookie years either.

and now they are both overpaid nobodys.

I sure hope that's sarcasm..

Cause if it's not, than i dunno man..Kerry rhodes is still on his rookie contract, thus extremely underpaid compared to what he's worth. And Tom Brady is a nobody?? He had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history for a QB, he may be paid well, but he definately deserves it. If you you were being sarcastic than i apologize, but if not than this needed to be said.

I sure hope that's sarcasm..

Cause if it's not, than i dunno man..Kerry rhodes is still on his rookie contract, thus extremely underpaid compared to what he's worth. And Tom Brady is a nobody?? He had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history for a QB, he may be paid well, but he definately deserves it. If you you were being sarcastic than i apologize, but if not than this needed to be said.

Brady is only good because his offensive line holds on every play and he knows what the defense is doing since his team cheats.

And Rhodes is only good because the 7 guys in front of him suck. If we had a good front 7 he would be exposed for the fraud he really is. He is the modern day Otis Smith.

and yes Im joking.....

:P

Don't you think it's a bit premature to call them busts? I know those aren't your words, but it's implied.

Kerry Rhodes and Tom Brady didn't do much their rookie years either.

Actually thats not what i was implying but you made my point in your second sentence. The way some people are acting is as if we draft McFadden he's going to make an immediate impact. The draft is a high priced crap shoot

All i'm saying is that tanking games is no way to win championships

Actually thats not what i was implying but you made my point in your second sentence. The way some people are acting is as if we draft McFadden he's going to make an immediate impact. The draft is a high priced crap shoot

The draft is in no way a crapshoot. You think it's a surprise that teams like the colts and pats have some of the better drafts year in and year out, while teams like the lions and rams struggle??? No, it's becuase Bill Polian and Scott Pioli are extremely good at what they do and can spot talent. Whereas guys like Millen and the ram's GM have a tough time scouting talent or not knowing which talent fits their scheme. Just look at millens draft history and you'll see all you need to know and when the rams picked up carricker and played him out of position.

THere is some luck involved in it; hoping the guys stay healthy and motivated, but a lot of that can be deduced through personal interviews.

RB is a position that CAN make an immediate impact. RB is probably the easiest position to transition from college to pro.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1205904936248810.xml&coll=1

The Jets, who have the sixth pick overall in next month's NFL draft, flew a contingent of team representatives to Fayetteville, Ark., yesterday to meet with former Razorbacks running back Darren McFadden, according to someone with knowledge of the visit.

That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for the club.

McFadden, who rushed for 1,830 yards and 16 touchdowns last season, is considered the top player in the draft by many draft experts and there's a chance he won't be there when the Jets pick. He was clocked at a blazing 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine last month.

Nonetheless, the Jets are doing their homework just in case. McFadden has been dogged by questions about his character and the Jets put a premium on character. He has been involved in two nightclub incidents and has two children on the way by two different women.

In three seasons at Arkansas, the 6-2, 210-pound McFadden amassed 4,590 yards rushing and 41 touchdowns on 785 carries.

If we make Favorite Toon are media director it could happen, Al Davis will pick whoever he thinks we want, he's out of his ****ing mind and hates the Jets.

Yeah it seems that way during the Rob Ryan dealings. Does anybody know why Davis seems to hate the Jets so much ?

This is incredibly bad analysis. You don't draft players for immediate impact. At least not at QB and WR. Adams was pretty darn good and Brown didn't start rigth away but when he did the line improved.

You also conveniantly just talked about the top 5, leaving out #7. Who was the only top 10 pick to play the same position as McFadden, Am I right???

Your post proves nothing I'm afraid.

RB is a position that CAN make an immediate impact. RB is probably the easiest position to transition from college to pro.

Yeah, that and CB I'd say. Both really instinctual positions.

It's one of the reasons I wouldn't mind drafting McFadden. I think he'd actually be earning his money out on the field from Day 1. I'd love a big WR, too, but those guys almost always take a couple years to develop (which is why I'm not giving up on the Brad Smith experiment just yet).

Have you seen the guy play since he left Southern Cal?

He ****ing sucks as a pro. His longest rush in the NFL is 22 yards. TWENTY-TWO! What an explosive player. And, yes, he did catch 73 passes last year....for 400 yards. That sucks so bad it's unbelievable.

Aaron Stecker > Reggie Bush, and it's not even remotely close.

Only LSU fans ;)

2 years pro and you expect him to be a god. Im not fighting with you about RB's again lol

......"It was something new, having to sit down and take a bunch of notes," McFadden told the Daily News Wednesday.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - With less than six weeks until the NFL draft, the Jets have dispatched coaches and scouts to college campuses across the country to interview and test the top prospects. On Tuesday, running backs coach Jimmy Raye arrived at the University of Arkansas to huddle with Darren McFadden, whom many believe could be the Jets' choice with the sixth pick of the draft.

The Jets were the first team to have private time on campus with McFadden, according to the All-America running back. Raye and McFadden had lunch, but they spent most of their time in the classroom, along with two other Arkansas running backs. The Jets know McFadden can devour a defense - see 4,590 rushing yards and 41 touchdowns in three seasons - but they want to find out if he can digest a complex pro offense.

"It was something new, having to sit down and take a bunch of notes," McFadden told the Daily News Wednesday. "He was teaching pass protection. In college, we had only three or four (pass-protection schemes). I think he covered five or six. Then he had a little test that he made up."

This wasn't McFadden's first interaction with Jets personnel. At last month's scouting combine in Indianapolis, where he became one of the big stories by scorching the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds, McFadden was interviewed by a Jets contingent that included Eric Mangini.

......"It was something new, having to sit down and take a bunch of notes," McFadden told the Daily News Wednesday.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - With less than six weeks until the NFL draft, the Jets have dispatched coaches and scouts to college campuses across the country to interview and test the top prospects. On Tuesday, running backs coach Jimmy Raye arrived at the University of Arkansas to huddle with Darren McFadden, whom many believe could be the Jets' choice with the sixth pick of the draft.

The Jets were the first team to have private time on campus with McFadden, according to the All-America running back. Raye and McFadden had lunch, but they spent most of their time in the classroom, along with two other Arkansas running backs. The Jets know McFadden can devour a defense - see 4,590 rushing yards and 41 touchdowns in three seasons - but they want to find out if he can digest a complex pro offense.

"It was something new, having to sit down and take a bunch of notes," McFadden told the Daily News Wednesday. "He was teaching pass protection. In college, we had only three or four (pass-protection schemes). I think he covered five or six. Then he had a little test that he made up."

This wasn't McFadden's first interaction with Jets personnel. At last month's scouting combine in Indianapolis, where he became one of the big stories by scorching the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds, McFadden was interviewed by a Jets contingent that included Eric Mangini.

You can't blame the guy for not having to understand multiple blocking schemes when he only ran a few in college. I'll guarantee stewart will have the same problem running out of a spread offense. The only one who is an everydown back as of now is mendenhall who is exceptional at picking up blitzers.

Arkansas didn't have the most talented team or perhaps the best coaches, so they figured out a game plan that utilized their abilities and kept things simple. I would imagine if mcfadden was at a usc or even a notre dame, he would have been taking notes.

You can't blame the guy for not having to understand multiple blocking schemes when he only ran a few in college.

No, but you'd think sitting down and taking notes might be something with which a college student would be familiar.

No, but you'd think sitting down and taking notes might be something with which a college student would be familiar.

It was in the context of football; you don't ask a player so are you used to reading the playbook everynight?? Well no, but i read my class text books every night. He was making a simple comment about watching film and taking notes, people are reading for too much into and are looking for anythign to knock his character or work ethic.

I think many of the top college football players are far from exceptional students

What a bunch of negative ba$tards...lol I mean cmon you wanna rip this guy..saying he cant run through blocks...he bangs to many women with no condom, he has weak legs, he doesnt seem like a good student..I mean cmon already... close to 5000 yards in three years is pretty special playin in the SEC..Actually playing anywhere..

What a bunch of negative ba$tards...lol I mean cmon you wanna rip this guy..saying he cant run through blocks...he bangs to many women with no condom, he has weak legs, he doesnt seem like a good student..I mean cmon already... close to 5000 yards in three years is pretty special playin in the SEC..Actually playing anywhere..

I wasn't ripping him... actually the opposite. While I don't particularly want McFadden, I don't think this is a reason to not draft him.

Archived