Watch this video of Darren McFadden

DieHardJetsFan

Just watch the way this kid runs, it's simply amazing. We all know that he's fast, but pay attention to how he uses his body, the way he makes his cuts, his field vision, he's a special runningback.

Some knock him because he's not a power back... With his speed, agailty, vision and quickness, he's alot better than a powerback, he's a RUNNING BACK.

Just watch how he attackes the LOS and hits the hole, he NEVER dances behind the LOS, thats what I love. Also pay close attention to the run vrs LSU in the 4th quarter

Also watch the run at 1:55, thats for all the people saying he has NO POWER, he can bring the pain but he runs smarter than Adrian Peterson

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ&feature=related

In 4 minutes of highlights i only saw him break 2 tackles.

No one is questioning his speed.

There is more to a running back than just speed and power... Watch the way he controls his body, watch the way he explodes through the line, watch the way he makes cut backs, hes amazing, the best runningback in this draft, by far

And this aint no Chris Johnson, Swewart, McFadden is doing this against LSU, Florida, Georgia, some of the best Defenses in the nation

I will give him this as I admit that I have not seen much of him. I like how he doesn't dance behind the line of scrimmage.

best player in this draft..if hes at 6.. he must be the pick..if not..Mangini will get ripped... and so wil the jets franchise..which wil be typical anyways.. Jets make wrong choice will not make headlines... its something we are all used too...

Johhny Lam Jones!! Freeman Mcneil!! Kyle Brady!!! Roger Vick!! Jeff Lagaman!! and so on..and so on.. You can now add Anthont Becth aswell.

Watch this video at 2:30

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

holla at ya boy. j/k

I agree that DMC is the best RB in the draft, however I wouldn't be too surprised if Mendenhall did indeed turn out to be the better back:

R0AWFtV1KDk

He doesn't posess the home run speed of McFadden but he's a great all round back with some great moves. He really reminds me of Joseph Addai.

McFadden's game does not translate as well to the NFL as Mendenhall. I don't understand how this is not seen. Ya know what forget comparing him to Mendenhall.

McFadden's game doesn't translate well enough to the NFL to deem him a Top 10 pick.

There is more to a running back than just speed and power... Watch the way he controls his body, watch the way he explodes through the line, watch the way he makes cut backs, hes amazing, the best runningback in this draft, by far

And this aint no Chris Johnson, Swewart, McFadden is doing this against LSU, Florida, Georgia, some of the best Defenses in the nation

Sounds like what people said about Reggie Bush

Are you kidding me?

No. I don't see much in the way of moves. He's not exactly Barry Sanders. He is VERY fast and uses his speed very well. There are plenty of fast guys who don't blow through a hole like that. I am comparing him as an elite back and as an elite back I'm not in love with what I see. He could be very succcessful, but I don't like his style. At 6 I'd want more, but I guess if he were what I wanted there'd be no question he'd be gone before 6. I won't mind if he falls to them.

I watched the first 2 highlights and just stopped because it's the same highlights everyone here has already ****ing seen, show me a highlight of him breaking tackles. The first run he hit a huge hole and the ILBer was blocked by a guard, the other was picked up on the Blitz, and the safety had already run passed him by the time he hit the hole. He doesn't get touched, good luck seeing that in the NFL unless you're playing the Jet's last year. The second run he just uses his speed to stretch it to the sideline and goes out of bounds as soon as there is a defender gets near him. He's fast eveyone ****ing get's that, I realize he's an amazing athlete. NFL defenders are a lot faster then college defender's ask Reggie. Before one of you ******* respond by saying he runs different then Reggie I get that, but the point is he can't count and being to fast for NFL defenses to handle because everyone in the NFL is a top notch athlete.

Are you kidding me?

No, he's not kidding!! Now get over it! Some of us don't find his speed to be impressive! Nor his stiff arm of aDB!! Vision? What Vision!! He runs through holes that you could drive a truck through!! Stop trying to convince us, it'sVERY old!!!!:roll:

I just watched the video, and here is my take on it: the offensive line is opening huge holes for him to run through, The offensive line is getting of the ball quickly and pushing the opponents defense back which is enabling the huge holes and great downfield blocking that is springing Mc D. He is fast, but runs upright. he was chased down from behind in one of the plays. And that montage did not show any elusiveness a back greatly needs to be successfull in the NFL, (due to the speed of defenders compared to college players). He does seem to see the field well and makes quick decisions. But as of now I am not sold.

Go back and watch the video and focus on the blocking and the line and correct me if I am wrong.

Semper fi

Archived