The Tampa Bay Rays may just make the playoffs for the first time ever this year!

DieHardJetsFan

They'll be better, but calm down with the playoff talk. Their closer is a shell of his former self, their middle relief is virtually non existant, and that 3rd baseman probably won't start the year with the big club.

I doubt it. All they really have is Kazmir this year. Maybe in a couple of years, when Price comes up they will be better. Playoffs won't be happening for them this season.

They have Shields and Garza, too. They are very good pitchers.

Yeah, maybe if they were in a different division, or in the NL. But barring some major injuries w/in the division, they don't really have a shot this year, imo.

Yeah, just wait until they get Price up, and they have a two headed monster of Kazmir, and Price along with people like Shields, and Garza. The Red Sox, and Yankees will soon be more afraid of Tampa then they will with Toronto.

I doubt it. All they really have is Kazmir this year. Maybe in a couple of years, when Price comes up they will be better. Playoffs won't be happening for them this season.

they have Carl Crawford, BJ Upton and Carlos Pena in their lineup. Granted Pena's stats won't be as high as last year.

Yeah, maybe if they were in a different division, or in the NL. But barring some major injuries w/in the division, they don't really have a shot this year, imo.

The Devil Rays are a 06 Tigers type of team and last years Rockies type of squad. I know it's only spring training, but they are the #1 team overall so far.

The rays are the 6th best team in their division.

What are you talking about?

American League

al_symbol.gif

TeamWLPCTGBTampa Bay145.737-Oakland167.696-LA Angels157.6820.5NY Yankees127.6322.0Texas129.5713.0Kansas City1210.5453.5Minnesota1210.5453.5Detroit1112.4785.0Cleveland1012.4555.5Seattle912.4296.0Toronto913.4096.5Baltimore812.4006.5Chi White Sox914.3917.0Boston711.3896.5

What are you talking about?

American League

al_symbol.gif

TeamWLPCTGBTampa Bay145.737-Oakland167.696-LA Angels157.6820.5NY Yankees127.6322.0Texas129.5713.0Kansas City1210.5453.5Minnesota1210.5453.5Detroit1112.4785.0Cleveland1012.4555.5Seattle912.4296.0Toronto913.4096.5Baltimore812.4006.5Chi White Sox914.3917.0Boston711.3896.5

First of all there is a difference between division and league. Just like I said they're the 6th best team in the american league east behind the yanks, red socks, blue jays orioles and the staten island yankees.

The Devil rays have the best spring training record in all of Baseball, not that means anything, but this team is on the right track interms of being a winning ball club

I wouldn't call them a winning ball club. I would call them more of an average ball club. They should win around 75-80 games this year, and finish in fourth behind Yankees, Red Sox, and Jays.

I wouldn't call them a winning ball club. I would call them more of an average ball club. They should win around 75-80 games this year, and finish in fourth behind Yankees, Red Sox, and Jays.

Thier starting lineup is nasty with Kazmir, Garza and Shields, they also have a veteran closer for the first time in frnachise history.

Thier lineup is filled with speed and power, Crawford should have another all star type of season. Lets not forget that they also have one of the best rookies starting at 3rd base, one of the best power hitting 1st baseman in Pena, im telling you, this team will win 80-85 games

Thier starting lineup is nasty with Kazmir, Garza and Shields, they also have a veteran closer for the first time in frnachise history.

Thier lineup is filled with speed and power, Crawford should have another all star type of season. Lets not forget that they also have one of the best rookies starting at 3rd base, one of the best power hitting 1st baseman in Pena, im telling you, this team will win 80-85 games

Plus, they're building a new stadium close to your home.

I highly doubt it, because hands down the best rotation in this division is Toronto, their problem is that they're injury prone, so they never win it. If they stay healthy this year, there is no way that Tampa is winning 80-85.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived