Sox could boycott Japan trip?

Garb

this has gotten more interesting....

Red Sox sit out today's game

The Red Sox are sitting on the bench, refusing to take the field for today's game against the Blue Jays, which was slated to begin at 12:05 p.m. The Sox have threatened not to play this exhibition game and not travel to Japan if the team's coaches are not compensated for the trip.

this has gotten more interesting....

Red Sox sit out today's game

The Red Sox are sitting on the bench, refusing to take the field for today's game against the Blue Jays, which was slated to begin at 12:05 p.m. The Sox have threatened not to play this exhibition game and not travel to Japan if the team's coaches are not compensated for the trip.

i never thought i would evah applaud the Sox=D>=D>=D>

Hmmmm....someone caved. I suspect the coaches are getting their money now:

Sox to play today

There's no official word on the Japan trip, but the Red Sox are back on the field stretching and an announcement has been made that the Sox-Blue Jays game will start at 1:10 p.m.

Bostonians doing what they usually do when they don't get their way. They whine, and cry to get their way. Of course, Selig, like every other commish is other leagues, the Bostonian team gets their way. From the Patriots cheating and getting a scratch, to this team, the red sox crying their way out of playing in Japan. Whats next? The Celtics cheating as well?

Bostonians doing what they usually do when they don't get their way. They whine, and cry to get their way. Of course, Selig, like every other commish is other leagues, the Bostonian team gets their way. From the Patriots cheating and getting a scratch, to this team, the red sox crying their way out of playing in Japan. Whats next? The Celtics cheating as well?

Wow, looks like Jetnation has another mensa member aboard.

The Sox were protesting the fact that the coaches were not getting a 40K stipend for the trip - like all the players were. Newsflash: what they did for SOMEONE ELSE is to be admired.

Not only has your reading comprehension failed you, but you lack compassion as well.

Yes, Bostonians always get their way. Even the Red Sox players - none of which are actual Bostonians. Yes, and BB breaking the rules only cost him 500K, the team 250K and a first round draft pick. That's some scratch! I call it a near-fatal stab.

BTW - if any team should cheat - it's the Bruins. :)

Oh, and I'm not a Sox fan. But I know enough to see that what the Sox did, although it may have some selfish undertones, was at the very least a 75% selfless act.

You seem like such a nice guy, I can't figure out why they don't want you at NYJetsfans.com.

The coaches pay was negotiated originally, MLB was regeging. The players were standing up for their staff. Good for them.

I don't see any vitriol thrown at Oakland, they voted to boycott if thier coached didn't get paid.

Must be fun living in a black and white world-

Yankees Good.

Red Sox Bad!

You seem like such a nice guy, I can't figure out why they don't want you at NYJetsfans.com.

The coaches pay was negotiated originally, MLB was regeging. The players were standing up for their staff. Good for them.

I don't see any vitriol thrown at Oakland, they voted to boycott if thier coached didn't get paid.

Must be fun living in a black and white world-

Yankees Good.

Red Sox Bad!

Personally, I never really got along with the idiots over at nyjetsfan.com. The site is such a joke, but to stay on topic, lets stay away from talking about that **** site, with the **** people on that site.

Really, what power does Bud Selig have? He is just a puppet, cut off at the legs.

Selig is a freakin joke. He walks around like he is God himself in the second coming and he is pathetic. The man states he is retiring and ten signs on for 3 more years. I cant wait until he leaves the game, whether its retirement or he dies in office or gets assassinated.

Good for the Sox standing up to MLB... I feel bad for the fans who showed up for the game today wanting to see Matsuzaka pitch and didnt because of the boycott.

The fans once again get hurt and no one cares... a meaningless spring training game, but not to those of us who attend every year... not to the 8 year old getting the opportunity to see his favorite player up close without spending ridiculous money for field level seats.

It was awesome sitting in the stands next to the mets bullpen watching Heilman, Wagner, Feliciano, Sosa, and Joe Smith (who threw me a ball!! woo!) I will never get that opportunity in a regular season game....

I respect what the players did for their coaches, but Im sure a few of the millionaires could have just given their 40 grand to the coaches instead of causing such a ruckus.

Well, I'm torn. I respect the players for taking a stand, but the fact is these guys are well-paid employees of the Boston Red Sox and the organization has a right to expect them to do their job.

Boston management said they would give them the bonus

and then took it back

Yes, Bostonians always get their way. Even the Red Sox players - none of which are actual Bostonians. Yes, and BB breaking the rules only cost him 500K, the team 250K and a first round draft pick. That's some scratch! I call it a near-fatal stab.

i'm sure the patriots are feeling bad about that 500,000 dollars after just playing (and losing btw) in the superbowl a few months back

Boston management said they would give them the bonus

and then took it back

No one hates Lucchino more than me, but I try to be fair, accurate and honest. MLB is paying the stipend, not Sox Management. Don't go lying to push yor own twisted agenda. MLB is to blame here, not the Sox, not Oakland, no one's team - M-L-B. Got it? Yeesh. As SJ says, you can be a serious turd sometimes.

Please, this post is just plain silly (read stupid).

Selig is a freakin joke. He walks around like he is God himself in the second coming and he is pathetic. The man states he is retiring and ten signs on for 3 more years. I cant wait until he leaves the game, whether its retirement or he dies in office or gets assassinated.

I agree. Bud Selig is a freakin joke. He let players get away with shooting steroids all those years perverting the record books and destroying history, that slick stuff he pulled with the Milwaukee Brewers, trying to contract the Minnesota Twins and now this. He is the worst commissioner in sports after Roger Goodell.

I agree. Bud Selig is a freakin joke. He let players get away with shooting steroids all those years perverting the record books and destroying history, that slick stuff he pulled with the Milwaukee Brewers, trying to contract the Minnesota Twins and now this. He is the worst commissioner in sports after Roger Goodell.

Yeah, sometimes I don't know who I hate more between Selig, and Goodell. I think by a small margin, Goodell, because he let a team get away with a scratch after cheating. After that move, it actually made me really miss Tagliabue.

Gary Bettman is single-handedly ruining hockey. Versus? Really?

Gary Bettman is single-handedly ruining hockey. Versus? Really?

What was there to ruin? Hockey already sucked. Bettman made a mistake with too many expansion teams in southern cities that could care less about the sport (Nashville, Atlanta) but hockey was already a sinking ship anyway.

At least Bettman had the backbone to stand up to the players' union and institute a hard salary cap. Selig will never do that.

Selig is guilty of over-expansion too. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have to be one of the most poorly conceived franchises in sports.

OMG! Honestly, if I decide to go through a season of drivel here from the unwitty, unfunny an un-alot of things....please bring JetBoSoxFan back. At least he was funny, you knew what you were getting and his arguments - though often flawed - were well thought out.

Ever hear: "better the devil you know...?"

OMG! Honestly, if I decide to go through a season of drivel here from the unwitty, unfunny an un-alot of things....please bring JetBoSoxFan back. At least he was funny, you knew what you were getting and his arguments - though often flawed - were well thought out.

Ever hear: "better the devil you know...?"

Shhh... JonE finally found a kindred spirit.

Shhh... JonE finally found a kindred spirit.

You're such a pain in the arse - which is why I don't understand why you won't let JBF back. You know, your kindred spirit.:P

I'll be honest here. I miss the old days when insults flew, no one took it super serioulsy, everyone here was familiar with one another....ah, the good 'ole days.

You're such a pain in the arse - which is why I don't understand why you won't let JBF back. You know, your kindred spirit.:P

I'll be honest here. I miss the old days when insults flew, no one took it super serioulsy, everyone here was familiar with one another....ah, the good 'ole days.

I didn't ban JBF. I enjoyed his posts, at least there was some thought behind them. Unlike many who pollute this forum nowadays.

The Japan trip is so damn stupid. They already have Baseball over there and they already follow teams like the Yankees and Sox (for Matsui, Dice-K and Okie) and West Coast teams such as the Giants and Dodgers. MLB should be going somewhere like, oh, I don't know, England and play some games. Screw Japan.

Archived