Robertson Fails Denver Physical

Mavrik

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article that Rotoworld quotes, from newsday:

As you might have guessed just by the amount of time this thing is taking, the trade talks between the Jets and Broncos are starting to peter out. They're not RIP yet and could be resumed at any time, but nothing seems imminent.

Why? A couple reasons from what I'm hearing out west. First of all, Robertson did fail his physical with the Broncos, but the team was willing to overlook the medical evidence based on the fact that Robertson hasn't missed any games the last few years. They were also willing to overlook it because they are a bit desperate for defensive line help.

The other reason is money. Take a look at this story in the Denver Post about the team cutting several jobs from its operations staff. Robertson was supposedly willing to work with the Broncos on a new deal, but he wasn't able to come down enough for them to make it work. The cash-strapped Broncos just couldn't afford to take on his salary (though I was told they were, at one point, willing to go into debt to bring him in).

So was it the money? The bone-on-bone? The idea that Robertson will be on the open market by June? Probably all of the above in a strange brew that finally appears to have squelched the trade -- for now.

So $$ also played a factor, as it usually does.

Just release this jackass...

I remember when Dumbway first traded up for this piece of crap in '03. I hated the move back then. Had arguments with Jets fans who loved it and thought it was a gutsy move and it was going to give us the pass rush and run-stopping we didn't have before.

What a disaster.

I remember when Dumbway first traded up for this piece of crap in '03. I hated the move back then. Had arguments with Jets fans who loved it and thought it was a gutsy move and it was going to give us the pass rush and run-stopping we didn't have before.

What a disaster.

Didn't the Patriots go ahead and select Wilfork also in that draft? Very good move taking Robertson over Wilfork. Bradway is a ****ing joke... SIGH... I hate D-Slob...

What a disaster.

Watching Wilfork tearing it up in New England kills me because the Jets past him for this bum. I will never like another 300 pound DT or NT ever again after this fat bum.

Watching Wilfork tearing it up in New England kills me because the Jets past him for this bum. I will never like another 300 pound DT or NT ever again after this fat bum.

I don't like trading up for a player unless it's a potential franchise QB like the Giants did in '04.

The Jets in '03 had way too many needs to trade two first round picks for this guy. It was a dumb move in an absolutely horrendous off-season for Bradway.

Seriously, I think this guy must have been on drugs for about a 6 month period that year and Tanenbaum was running the show in his absence. Remember when the Jets tried replacing Lavernues Coles with Curtis Conway? I still can't get over the stupidity.

Not true, you passed up Ty Warren. Wilfork wasn't in that draft.

I don't like trading up for a player unless it's a potential franchise QB like the Giants did in '04.

The Jets in '03 had way too many needs to trade two first round picks for this guy. It was a dumb move in an absolutely horrendous off-season for Bradway.

Seriously, I think this guy must have been on drugs for about a 6 month period that year and Tanenbaum was running the show in his absence. Remember when the Jets tried replacing Lavernues Coles with Curtis Conway? I still can't get over the stupidity.

That was the joke of the league :bag: Conway and J-Bum both wore #81 imange if TO wore that # he'll follow the both those guys.

I hated the move from day one. Yeah lets trade up and take a DT from a Kentucky program that couldn't buy a win or stop anyone. Great friggin idea dumbass.

Bradway's moves is haunting this team big time * Chad and Robertson* its stoping us from picking up a needed shut down CB

I hated the move from day one. Yeah lets trade up and take a DT from a Kentucky program that couldn't buy a win or stop anyone. Great friggin idea dumbass.

Robertson has to be one of the worst moves in Jets history. Definitely one of the bottom 5 flops. And that's saying something.

Robertson has to be one of the worst moves in Jets history. Definitely one of the bottom 5 flops. And that's saying something.

Among those would probably be Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino, although O'Brien was a very good quarterback, obviously he was no Marino. Also another one, obviously Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp... lol

Bradway's moves is haunting this team big time * Chad and Robertson* its stoping us from picking up a needed shut down CB

Bradway's moves ARE haunting this team hey no OLmen of any worth in 5 years by Hermway (sorry Marko)

Among those would probably be Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino, although O'Brien was a very good quarterback, obviously he was no Marino. Also another one, obviously Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp... lol

I'll give you some more:

-Hiring Rich "I Have No Idea How to Be A Coach" Kotite in '95

-Trading Hugh Douglas for nothing

-Blair Thomas

-Al Groh

-Herman Edwards

-trading a 1st round pick for Doug Jolly in '05 and then using the 2nd round pick on a kicker

-using 3 picks in rounds 3-4 of the '06 draft on Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith and Brad Smith when there were much better players available at positions we needed

-Calvin Pace (hopefully not)

I'll give you some more:

-Hiring Rich "I Have No Idea How to Be A Coach" Kotite in '95

-Trading Hugh Douglas for nothing

-Blair Thomas

-Al Groh

-Herman Edwards

-trading a 1st round pick for Doug Jolly in '05 and then using the 2nd round pick on a kicker

-using 3 picks in rounds 3-4 of the '06 draft on Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith and Brad Smith when there were much better players available at positions we needed

-Calvin Pace (hopefully not)

You can't really count Calvin Pace yet, you haven't seen him play in a Jets jersey. Sure, he's overpaid, but you can't call him a bust just yet.

When you look back at that draft, Bradway had the right idea because it turned out to be one of the weakest in the last 15 years. He tried to package some mediocre choices to get a bonafide starter, he just misjudged Robertson's talent. The picks we gave up turned out to be pretty average guys. We could have stayed and taken William Joseph instead. We were pretty screwed either way. The money and cap space was the biggest loss.

I don't see what the big ****ing deal is. We thought we were going to get a 4th and a 5th from Cincy, when that fell through we knew we were getting less from Denver. I'm not all that broken up over missing that 5th rounder Denver was going to send. Whether we trade him or cut him it'll count the same against our cap so these trades falling through isn't costing us any potential free agents. IMO they'll keep him until the June 1 deadline and cut him then if they aren't able to get anything.

Watch dude tear it up on another team.

I don't think that I would be shocked to see him turn out good on another team, because he is playing out of position here. He is not a 3-4 NT, he's a 4-3 DT. It's basically the same as Vilma, i'm expecting him to turn up his game with the Saints, because we all knew how good a 4-3 MLB that Vilma was. It will be similar for D-Slob.

Archived