Robertson Fails Denver Physical

Mavrik

I remember when Dumbway first traded up for this piece of crap in '03. I hated the move back then. Had arguments with Jets fans who loved it and thought it was a gutsy move and it was going to give us the pass rush and run-stopping we didn't have before.

What a disaster.

I wasn't one of them. I hate work out warriors that don't have the college game tape to back it up. And yes I know he did a decent job in college, but not worth the fourth overall pick. As far as being down on Robertson himself though is a mistake. The guy can't help where he was picked. It's our f.o. to blame. They made him a bust pick by taking him so high. What I really can't understand is that D-Rob has missed very few games inspite of his knee. So what gives. If they really liked this guy, his history shows he can play with pain, stop jerking us around. At this point keep him and have him platoon on the d line. Maybe without so many snaps he will be better.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't one of them. I hate work out warriors that don't have the college game tape to back it up. And yes I know he did a decent job in college, but not worth the fourth overall pick. As far as being down on Robertson himself though is a mistake. The guy can't help where he was picked. It's our f.o. to blame. They made him a bust pick by taking him so high. What I really can't understand is that D-Rob has missed very few games inspite of his knee. So what gives. If they really liked this guy, his history shows he can play with pain, stop jerking us around. At this point keep him and have him platoon on the d line. Maybe without so many snaps he will be better.

I think DRob has plenty of value throughout the NFL. The problem is our $8.5M or whatever we'd save could be better spent elsewhere. The other teams know that so they are probably waiting us out. We'll most likely cut him before June 1. As far as keeping him goes, teams probably wouldn't believe it after we got Jenkins, but extending Pouha makes it almost ridiculous to consider. I think they'd have been better off waiting to redo Pouha's deal, but with the Kendall, Moore and Coles issues his agent wouldn't go for a handshake deal. An oral contract with the Jets FO isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I think DRob has plenty of value throughout the NFL. The problem is our $8.5M or whatever we'd save could be better spent elsewhere. The other teams know that so they are probably waiting us out. We'll most likely cut him before June 1. As far as keeping him goes, teams probably wouldn't believe it after we got Jenkins, but extending Pouha makes it almost ridiculous to consider. I think they'd have been better off waiting to redo Pouha's deal, but with the Kendall, Moore and Coles issues his agent wouldn't go for a handshake deal. An oral contract with the Jets FO isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Pouha sucks. Even as a back-up. I don't care that he didn't look terrible in a couple nothing games late last season. He's a bust. Seriously what is wrong with this FO rewarding crap players like Brandon Moore, Brad Kassel and now Pouha? That's part of why guys like Coles and Baker are demanding ridiculous contracts now b/c they see garbage getting contract extensions.

Bradway's moves is haunting this team big time * Chad and Robertson* its stoping us from picking up a needed shut down CB

Thats what we did last year when we drafted Revis. We don't need another, a pass rush is 10x more important than a secondary.

I remember when Dumbway first traded up for this piece of crap in '03. I hated the move back then. Had arguments with Jets fans who loved it and thought it was a gutsy move and it was going to give us the pass rush and run-stopping we didn't have before.

On this we are in agreement. I was sick to my stomach over what we paid to move up to select D'Rob. He was one of those friggin " he's rocketing up the draft boards " prospects during the last 2 weeks prior to that draft. His senior year at Kentucky was OK but hardly spectacular by any stretch. Apparently our GM bought the phoney hype hook,line and sinker. I cursed Wrongway that day and I still do. Thanks Terry.

I'll give you some more:

-Hiring Rich "I Have No Idea How to Be A Coach" Kotite in '95

-Trading Hugh Douglas for nothing

-Blair Thomas

-Al Groh

-Herman Edwards

-trading a 1st round pick for Doug Jolly in '05 and then using the 2nd round pick on a kicker

-using 3 picks in rounds 3-4 of the '06 draft on Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith and Brad Smith when there were much better players available at positions we needed

-Calvin Pace (hopefully not)

Nugent would of been tooken by Minnsota if we did not grab him in that draft. Its not a bust move. Nugent sometimes shines but he is not a choker in games. He misses yes but he won us games with his leg as well

Thats what we did last year when we drafted Revis. We don't need another, a pass rush is 10x more important than a secondary.

Pace,Haris and Thomas are the pass rushers on this team we are stacked with pass rushers on this team. Colemen will be more better this season with the addition of Jenkins. We need another CB Mangini knows what he is doing

Nugent would of been tooken by Minnsota if we did not grab him in that draft. Its not a bust move. Nugent sometimes shines but he is not a choker in games. He misses yes but he won us games with his leg as well

Nugent so far has been an ok kicker. Ok kickers are not worth a second round pick.

I guarantee, come June, that as soon as the Jets cut D Rob, Cincy and or Denver come running. D Rob will have no choice but to lower his contract demands and some team will sign him on the cheap, to lessen any risk from his knees.

Pace,Haris and Thomas are the pass rushers on this team we are stacked with pass rushers on this team. Colemen will be more better this season with the addition of Jenkins. We need another CB Mangini knows what he is doing

Harris isn't a pass rusher, he's an ILB. Thomas sucks we bitched about him all season. Pace we signed as a relatively unknown we all better hope he lives up to his contract. So we are no way stacked at pass rushers. It doesn't matter if Coleman is better this season with the addition of Jenkins, DE are not supposed to provide the main pass rush in the 3-4, that is the OLBs job.

Harris isn't a pass rusher, he's an ILB. Thomas sucks we bitched about him all season. Pace we signed as a relatively unknown we all better hope he lives up to his contract. So we are no way stacked at pass rushers. It doesn't matter if Coleman is better this season with the addition of Jenkins, DE are not supposed to provide the main pass rush in the 3-4, that is the OLBs job.

Harris is a pass rusher. Do you know how the 3-4 defense works?

Drob was a guy who was a workout warrior at the combine....you didn't hear a single thing about him the entire time he was a KU.

Wilfat on the other hand was a monster DT from day 1 at UM and was actually a good player before the combine.

The fact we traded 2 -1st rd picks and a 4th rounder for this wiffleball with sporks is an atrocity this entire organziation should be ashamed of.

Drob was a guy who was a workout warrior at the combine....you didn't hear a single thing about him the entire time he was a KU.

Wilfat on the other hand was a monster DT from day 1 at UM and was actually a good player before the combine.

The fact we traded 2 -1st rd picks and a 4th rounder for this wiffleball with sporks is an atrocity this entire organziation should be ashamed of.

ya we got a real beaut :confused:

looks like the answer is 'You didnt play, you turd'

DE%20ROB%20(Small).jpg

DRob hasn't missed a game because of his knee condition. It's the boatload of money to sign him that's the problem.

It might have something to do with not being good enough to earn that kind of money.

When he gets cut and resigned,it will be for pennies because he is a giant fat slob. The one position in the NFL you can be a giant fat slob and still be good and he blows.

It might have something to do with not being good enough to earn that kind of money.

When he gets cut and resigned,it will be for pennies because he is a giant fat slob. The one position in the NFL you can be a giant fat slob and still be good and he blows.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Giant fat slob,,,havent heard that in years!!!!!!

POTW

I guarantee, come June, that as soon as the Jets cut D Rob, Cincy and or Denver come running. D Rob will have no choice but to lower his contract demands and some team will sign him on the cheap, to lessen any risk from his knees.

I've been saying this all along. I think he's a fool for not doing everything he possibly can to facilitate a trade. He'll make much more under that scenario than he will when he hits the open market and finds that not only is he not in demand, but there's no money left, anyway.

Archived