Season Ticket Waitlist BS!

GREENLANTERN

Hi All, I just received my waitlist # in the mail. Last year I was 700+ now according to my calculations from moving up 1000 spots a year for 13 years now and also talking to a season ticket agent a month ago and being assured I should receive my tickets this month do I get them, Nope. I get another waitlist # of 400+!!!

Now I am not a rocket scientist. But the math doesn't add up. Justification is not there as I cant believe after the Jets had a 4-12 season that ONLY 300+ people gave up there tickets!

Anyone else see a large discrepancy like this?

Oh by the way the $50 waitlist fee is terminated I guess it took them 4 years to realize they were totally wrong in doing that.

/Discuss

Hi All, I just received my waitlist # in the mail. Last year I was 700+ now according to my calculations from moving up 1000 spots a year for 13 years now and also talking to a season ticket agent a month ago and being assured I should receive my tickets this month do I get them, Nope. I get another waitlist # of 400+!!!

Now I am not a rocket scientist. But the math doesn't add up. Justification is not there as I cant believe after the Jets had a 4-12 season that ONLY 300+ people gave up there tickets!

Oh by the way the $50 waitlist fee is terminated I guess it took them 4 years to realize they were totally wrong in doing that.

/Discuss

What happens to the money we all gave them for the past few years? Bastards! And what about people like my bro who gave up his position because he didn't want to pay $50 a year to stay on a list?

That is some shady sh!t.

How did they determine the number of available tickets for the upcoming season.The money and invoices arent due until May 1 2008.Do any of you remember the Jets selling pairs of tickets towards the end of last season.Makes you wonder how they acquired them.Ive been asking for an upgrade for 15 years and never got it.This entire way the Jets handle the season tickets is beyond me.

/Discuss

Not sure about why you didn't move up enough spaces yet, but I do knw the closer you get to the end the slower you move up. Also, ticket invoices are due May 1st so you shouldn't know until then. As to why they are doing it-it has nothing to do with them "wising up", it's to allow them to charge PSL's for the new stadium. From what I understand they could not charge to be on the waiting list since they technically would no longer own the rights if they charge a PSL. Ticket holders would have the right to resell.

What happens to the money we all gave them for the past few years? Bastards! And what about people like my bro who gave up his position because he didn't want to pay $50 a year to stay on a list?

That is some shady sh!t.

If you are on the waiting list, you will be refunded everything you paid so far. If you dropped off for any reason then you lose out.

That is some shady sh!t.

I think the refund will be in Jets funny money!

If you are on the waiting list, you will be refunded everything you paid so far. If you dropped off for any reason then you lose out.

Booz, what makes you think they will refund the money as opposed to holding onto it and applying it to my season tix once my number gets called? Just curious if I might have missed something.

I think the refund will be in Jets funny money!

If that is anything like disney bucks then we're screwed, unless we get to shove it down the Flight crew's tights.:P

/Discuss

Your "only 300+" people gave up their tickets is flawed.

When your higher on the list, anyone who drops out with a lower # helps you. whether they drop off the list because t hey give up or if they get tickets, it doesn't matter.

As you get closer to the top of the list. ..... People are closer to tickets.. they aren't going to drop out now... so the only way people move off the list is getting seats...

Now with the $50 gone, less people are likely to drop off.

I got my letter today too, and judging from the last notification I can find, I have moved "up" from 5209 to 4980, a mere 229 spots. So I guess the therory of people further down the list move up quicker is not too accurate.

They are refunding whatever money you have paid to date and you can either get a check or a credit to the Jets shop, with a bonus up to $50 depending on your refund amount.

I got my letter today too, and judging from the last notification I can find, I have moved "up" from 5209 to 4980, a mere 229 spots. So I guess the therory of people further down the list move up quicker is not too accurate.

They are refunding whatever money you have paid to date and you can either get a check or a credit to the Jets shop, with a bonus up to $50 depending on your refund amount.

Here come all the people telling us that the $50 waiting list fee was a good investment because the dollar has dropped in value, yet they are kind enough to still credit everyone $50.

Oh my...

Here come all the people telling us that the $50 waiting list fee was a good investment because the dollar has dropped in value, yet they are kind enough to still credit everyone $50.

Oh my...

If you paid the $50 two years ago, it is now worth $30. Thank goodness nobody has paid for the PSL yet. :character0282:

That's strange, they just offered me an additional 8 tickets.

They offered you 8 additional tickets in your row connecting with your seats.I guess you either pissed 8 people off or they dont want to sit next to you any longer.

A few years ago the guy who sat next to me moved to N.Carolina I was offered his 2 I declined.

The Jets season ticket office is a joke.

They offered you 8 additional tickets in your row connecting with your seats.I guess you either pissed 8 people off or they dont want to sit next to you any longer.

A few years ago the guy who sat next to me moved to N.Carolina I was offered his 2 I declined.

Either all that or he was joking.

That's strange, they just offered me an additional 8 tickets.

Either all that or he was joking.

No he moved for real. Try again.

We was talking about the guy with the 8 tickets moron.

Mr.Moron to you IDIOT.

:fish:

I went from 815 to 578. This sucks...lol. I'll probably get my season tickets the first year of the new stadium...only to not be able to afford the PSL :(

Unfortunately I think you're right. PSL's are going to happen.

When is the new Stadium scheduled to open? 2010?

Archived