1. 1. Best offseason move?

• Woody
    • Kris Jenkins
    • Alan Faneca
    • Tony Richardson
    • Calvin Pace
    • Chatman

Im just currious on how some Jet fans feel, I also put in a poll

I pretty much love all the signings, but I would have to go with Alan Faneca for the simple fact not only does he improve the LG position-But he should also help Ferguson, Mangold, Kellen and Thomas Jones, thats pretty much an upgrade over 5 positions with one signing.

It's gotta be either Jenkins or Faneca.

I'll go with Faneca simply because he's more of a sure thing but they were both brilliant pickups in our main areas of need.

Loved the Richardson signing also and well don't really know what to make of the Woody signing.

The Pace signing, I did not like at all.

Their best offseason move is yet to come. Re-sign Kerry Rhodes.

His contract doesnt expire until after the 09 season.

As good as he is, there's really no point in giving him a new contract until at least the end of the 08 season. Football being the unpredictable sport that it is, who knows if he'll have a bad year, or god forbid, some kind of serious injury this coming season.

I like Rhodes a lot and he's been great the past couple of years, but its still the smarter move to wait until next offseason before giving him a long term deal.

His contract doesnt expire until after the 09 season.

As good as he is, there's really no point in giving him a new contract until at least the end of the 08 season. Football being the unpredictable sport that it is, who knows if he'll have a bad year, or god forbid, some kind of serious injury this coming season.

I like Rhodes a lot and he's been great the past couple of years, but its still the smarter move to wait until next offseason before giving him a long term deal.

If he makes the Pro Bowl this season, he will cost a lot more. And I think he will see the Pro Bowl.

Faneca and then Jenkins as a close second.

I'm starting to have second thought about Woody. The FO gave him a ton of money and there are comparable guys that are still available on the market that would have cost only a fraction of the money. LJ Shelton is a similar player to Woody and he played LT, not RT last season and didn't do a terrible job.

I know the O-line will be improved, but do you really think I'll put it down to Callahan??

Adding Faneca was a huge upgrade to the line for sure and the effects of him being there should be quickly evident in the first pre-season game. Woody Im not so sure of, but hey. Adding Callahan wont be as quickly noticable, but the help he will bring Devlin in getting these guys to gel and produce is still huge. I think he will be a needed sounding board for Shotty as well, and that should pay off in Nov-Dec when we need consistancy in the final stretch. Adding players gives us strength during the battle, there needs to be coaches that have experience to lead this group during the war. Adding Callahan gives this offense one more well to tap, and that is going to be big in the end.

Laugh it up furball, youll see.

It's one thing to have talent, it's another to have coaching. If Callahan can return to form, he may very well be one of our best pick-ups.

I still say it's Faneca, but i juts can't wait to see that unit play.

It's one thing to have talent, it's another to have coaching. If Callahan can return to form, he may very well be one of our best pick-ups.

I still say it's Faneca, but i juts can't wait to see that unit play.

True Drago.

I cant wait to see the results of this off-season either.

I like all the moves except Pace, just to much money for one decent season.

Have to go with Jenkins. There are several RT's in the draft who will play guard in the NFL, or I would have gone with Feneca.

IMO there isn't any decent NT's either in FA or the draft. If the Jets can get a pass rushing LB in the draft, and I think they will, the addition of Jenkins will have them with a top 10 defense.

I love the Faneca and Jenkins signings and a lot of people talk about how Faneca will impact Brick and Mangold which will help Clemens. I would argue that Jenkins will help al 10 guys on defense becaus a 3-4 all starts with the NT. Now that we have one, the guys next to and behind him can do their jobs and not work as a unit to compensate for lack of a true 3-4. The other factor IMO is how hard it is to find a true 3-4 NT. Faneca is an oustanding LG who I"m thrilled to have but finding a LG contribute is a hell of a lot easier than finding a 350+ lb pro bowl NT.

Archived