Just bought Foo Fighter tickets!!

Alk

Two of my friends went to go see them when they were at MSG and said they had a great time. At one point the bands leader (can't remember his name) came out saying something along the lines of "Hey all, we know you've seen drum solos and guitar solos but I bet you've never seen this kind of solo!" and busted out a little triangle and did a triangle solo. :rl:

Two of my friends went to go see them when they were at MSG and said they had a great time. At one point the bands leader (can't remember his name) came out saying something along the lines of "Hey all, we know you've seen drum solos and guitar solos but I bet you've never seen this kind of solo!" and busted out a little triangle and did a triangle solo. :rl:

:lol: Dave Grohl is hilarious. Some of their music videos are hysterical.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a call from the wife. The tickets arrived today. :headbang: I haven't been this excited for a concert in a long long time. Now I just have to make sure I don't lose them between now and July. :lol:

Should be a great concert. Always been a fan of the Foo but haven't really gotten into their recent stuff. But from everything I've heard from their current, tour is that it kicks ass.

I'm going to be seeing Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson in concerts in June. Hopefully, I'll be sober for this Dave concert because the last one I went to I don't remember. :wine:

Two weeks ago tonight, you know what I was doing?

Watching Vanilla Ice live.

I win, Alk.

:rl: For real? I remember when he showed up in Lawrence for a show during his "hardcore comeback". My wife got tickets and offered them to her sister and fiance. She and her sister wound up going and her fiance and I stayed at the apartment and got drunk. :lol:

Should be a great concert. Always been a fan of the Foo but haven't really gotten into their recent stuff. But from everything I've heard from their current, tour is that it kicks ass.

I'm going to be seeing Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson in concerts in June. Hopefully, I'll be sober for this Dave concert because the last one I went to I don't remember. :wine:

Yeah, I haven't liked much of their last two albums but I'm holding out hope that they play alot of the old stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of the Foo Fighters but you get a special treat Alk, Supergrass is opening for them on tour. I found out last night and tried getting tickets so I could see the grass but only crappy seats were left.

I saw that they were opening. To be honest I've never heard of them and was disappointed to see that Against Me! was no longer opening for the Foos.

Yeah, I haven't liked much of their last two albums but I'm holding out hope that they play alot of the old stuff.

Yeah I agree. They kinda of tapered off after their first couple albums (which were outstanding ), but 'Everyday' and their last CD were not their best efforts., but I'm sure it'll be a good show nonetheless.

I saw that they were opening. To be honest I've never heard of them and was disappointed to see that Against Me! was no longer opening for the Foos.

I would pay to see Against Me! I've never heard of Supergrass so my thoughts are with you.

A Supergrass youtube anyone?

I would pay to see Against Me! I've never heard of Supergrass so my thoughts are with you.

A Supergrass youtube anyone?

Been around since 94. This is off their newest cd.

Take your pick:

Diamond Hoo Ha Man

ZUK08XAbxnM

Bad Blood

XkoakaWk9Ys

Rebel In You and Bad Blood

Vjq22FtVg7Q

Been around since 94. This is off their newest cd.

Take your pick:

Diamond Hoo Ha Man

ZUK08XAbxnM

Bad Blood

XkoakaWk9Ys

Rebel In You

i3O7_Fw8Vmg

No offense but are the poor mans version of Jet.

jATrcE2UMkc

Eh, Jet isn't close to them in music style, thats why i didnt want to post videos, you just have to see them live. 10x better musicians than Jet also. Been around for way longer too.

I watched the Supergrass videos you posted. They didn't do it for me.

Against Me! Gets it done in my book.

BKzNZDXfm0Q

Against Me was on the bill when I saw them -- pretty good stuff considering I had never heard of them b4 -- JImmy Eat World also played - pretty good but not great - next up taking my 14 year old son to see Megadeath -- that should be fun

• 3 months later...

Went to the show on Saturday night. Freakin' incredible!! We got a little scare. Dave had some medical problems and was forced to cancel two shows in Denver just a few days before the show in KC but was able to make it back. For anyone that has the opportunity to see these guys, DO IT!! This band alone is holding rock and roll together. Dave Grohl is a freakin' rock god. It took until Kurt killed himself for me to realize this but Dave was far and away the most talented member of Nirvana. It wasn't even close. It was great seeing Pat Smear back with the band. We had pretty decent seats but weren't on the floor so we were quite a ways from the stage. A few songs in he kinda started clowning around with the poor bastards up in the balcony saying how bad it must suck to be them. Then he said he would see if he could come up with an idea to fix it. About halfway through the show another stage drops down right in the middle of the arena and the entire band come down the walkway to do some acoustic. Taylor Hawkins had an incredible drum solo as well. They put in a solid 2+ hour show so I think we got our moneys worth. At one point in the show Dave just said that they would keep playing and we should tell them when we're ready to go home. :rl: Seeing them backstage before the encore was a riot too.

By the way, I don't recall who the big Supergrass fans were but they were alright. Nothing spectacular but they seemed to have alot of fun on stage and definately don't take themselves seriously. Funny line from the lead singer. "So who's excited for the Foo Fighters?" (crowd erupts) "Yeah, they's much better than us." :rl:

Archived