Have You Been Neg Repped For No Reason?

Smizzy

You basically done the same thing as me.

Like I told Smizzy, everyone neg reps 128. Yet I get punished like this. LOL

I very rarely gave out Neg rep to anyone but 128.

Yeah, but I don't fight with Smizzy. I let him have his way. I've seen what it has done to others. I cannot live like that. You must understand.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just looked at my rep. Everything is green except for two grays by Kobe, I think those were supposed to be positive.

You took off two guys that repped me 6 times on my front page, damnit! I'm not trying to defend them though, I can't see who they've been repping. Granted, I've left a few nasty comments to 128, not as much as every post though. I think I did them when he deserved it and I'll admit to those. Am I clean?

P.S. At least Arsis is still around. He is the man for rep. (14 times on my first page haha)

I'm very liberal with the good rep. I'm always seeing the "too much rep in 24 hours" thing and I rarely give any negative rep.

To clarify this is why you & lurker lost your rep powers.

LOL, Lurkers rep was long gone by that point.

Like I said, just about everyone was getting 128 and rightfully so. I don't see the point in the rep system if you're not able to give Negative rep to the people you think deserve it.

LOL, Lurkers rep was long gone by that point.

Like I said, just about everyone was getting 128 and rightfully so. I don't see the point in the rep system if you're not able to give Negative rep to the people you think deserve it.

Exactly... stop complaining.

Lurker lost his rep because of what he did. you went on for 3 pages defending him and come to find out it's because you guys have this scheme going.

Abuse of the rep system will result in RED

How can you possibly be complaining about me doing to you what you and your boy tag teamed up to do to 128?

You hypocrite.

Is it time to just get rid of rep? What do you think? Sure BP will be crushed but maybe he will leave as a result. Win - Win.

:)

How can you possibly be complaining about me doing to you what you and your boy tag teamed up to do to 128?

You hypocrite.

Yeah, cause no one else ever neg repped 128.:roll:

It's not hypocritical at all really, 128 deserved what he got. You know that and I know that.

Is it time to just get rid of rep? What do you think? Sure BP will be crushed but maybe he will leave as a result. Win - Win.

:)

I think the rep system works fine. People like it... there were a fews bad apples ruining it and it was taken care of. Now they are complaining about getting the same treatment they have been dishing out.

It's not hypocritical at all really, 128 deserved what he got. You know that and I know that.

It is hypocritical because YOU GUYS got what YOU GUYS deserved and you know that and I know that.

I think the rep system works fine. People like it... there were a fews bad apples ruining it and it was taken care of. Now they are complaining about getting the same treatment they have been dishing out.

I haven't watched it very closely. I did just make one change and gave myself much higher rep'ing power though. Seems fair to me, lol.

But if needed we can add a group and put people in it -- they wouldn't be allowed to give negative rep. Only positive. If that will torture people in anyway I say we go for it.

:rl:

I still don't really see what I did wrong.

I do not like 128 as a poster, I think he's the worst poster on this place. So obviously I wanted his rep to reflect that. How is that 'abusing' the system?

Me and Lurker both had the same views, nether of us liked 128 as a poster. That's it.

I do not like 128 as a poster, I think he's the worst poster on this place. So obviously I wanted his rep to reflect that. How is that 'abusing' the system?

Me and Lurker both had the same views, nether of us liked 128 as a poster. That's it.

If I need to explain to you why your rep was jacked than there is something wrong with you.

I went in the rep logs now. There are two problems I believe. People are able to give too much rep. These rep bombs are bad.

The second problem (and this is the bigger one) is the comments that people are leaving for each other. Cmon let's show at least 30% class. Some of that stuff is embarassing, even by my standards.

I went in the rep logs now. There are two problems I believe. People are able to give too much rep. These rep bombs are bad.

The second problem (and this is the bigger one) is the comments that people are leaving for each other. Cmon let's show at least 30% class. Some of that stuff is embarassing, even by my standards.

Exactly.

Interesting. but what is it about rep that caused this thread to take off with almost 300 posts? can you give me a quick synopsis on that? \:D/

Oh an I gave 128 an extra 30,000 rep points. These anti rep tactics will be dealt with quickly and easily. Spend all day anti repping people. It only takes a second or two to undo a days hard work!

:yahoo:

You know what -- and I am going to be serious here for a second. This is a message board. There are ignore features. We won't all get along. I have had people telling me to ban 128. And I strongly disagree.

Ban him for what? For annoying people? As far as I can see he is a really good kid. He loves the Jets. People get mad at him for talking about big brother too much. Should someone really be banned for that?

It is a message board. I truly believe in the whole tolerance thing. We need more of it. I don't like the whole lets gang up on this person because I disagree with them (oh wait, I do like that in some case, lol). But really -- just use ignore if you don't like someone.

That is my 3.75 cents. You can all bow down now and assume the position.

:love0030:

Interesting. but what is it about rep that caused this thread to take off with almost 300 posts? can you give me a quick synopsis on that? \:D/

Oh trust me I am fully aware of that. The devil has my soul in return I got this cute little automated post counter. So if this wasn't good for post counts it would be gone already. In the meantime you can just ignore my idle little bluffs.

:bag:

can you change it so you can only give a certain number of neg reps a day. like 2.

How do you know? You are easily the hardest on the kid of anyone on this site. So what do you really know of what other people do to 128? Tictac and i are both in agreement that 128 is not a bad dude, he just doesn't get social norms (says the admitted cannibal).

Your rep is right where it should be. :biggrin:

If I need to explain to you why your rep was jacked than there is something wrong with you.

Seriously just quit acting like an arrogant prick.

Me and Lurker agreed to neg rep 128 as much as possible because we both felt he was by far and away the worst and most annoying poster on JN. You know we were not the only ones who thought this. That's surely what the rep system is for, to seperate what you feel to be the good posters from what you feel to be the bad posters. I don't see anything in any rules that said me and Luker were wrong for doing that. 128 more than justified our actions by being a complete and utter tool.

That's not even similar to what you're doing to us. You're neg repping Lurker because he of what he'd done to other posters and accordingly you're neg repping me for what I done to 128 (with Lurker) and in your words 'abusing the system'. What ****ing system??? How is giving loads negative rep to the posters you believe deserve negative rep abusing the damn system???

I thought I had apologized for that comment. I was drinking, it couldn't have been helped. :cheers:

You know what -- and I am going to be serious here for a second. This is a message board. There are ignore features. We won't all get along. I have had people telling me to ban 128. And I strongly disagree.

Ban him for what? For annoying people? As far as I can see he is a really good kid. He loves the Jets. People get mad at him for talking about big brother too much. Should someone really be banned for that?

No he shouldn't. That's what Neg Rep is for, at least that's what I thought.

can you change it so you can only give a certain number of neg reps a day. like 2.

It has been lowered to 5 per day. I don't remember what it was at.

BP will yell at me for that I am sure. But let's see if that is any better. :cheers:

No, the worst poster on this place is kobe24jets and you follow every one of his posts by placing a hickey on his ass.

Rep was more fun when you weren't the one getting picked on, eh? Karma is cool.

No he shouldn't. That's what Neg Rep is for, at least that's what I thought.

I am not sure what rep is for actually. But some of the comments were bad. REALLY bad. Lurker had some really nasty ones especially. Just not cool to talk to anyone like that imo.

Be more creative with your insults. That is what I do anyhow.

Seriously just quit acting like an arrogant prick.

Me and Lurker agreed to neg rep 128 as much as possible because we both felt he was by far and away the worst and most annoying poster on JN. You know we were not the only ones who thought this. That's surely what the rep system is for, to seperate what you feel to be the good posters from what you feel to be the bad posters. I don't see anything in any rules that said me and Luker were wrong for doing that. 128 more than justified our actions by being a complete and utter tool.

That's not even similar to what you're doing to us. You're neg repping Lurker because he of what he'd done to other posters and accordingly you're neg repping me for what I done to 128 (with Lurker) and in your words 'abusing the system'. What ****ing system??? How is giving loads negative rep to the posters you believe deserve negative rep abusing the damn system???

LOL!

lurker is a big baby. he neg repped me for something a while back (don't remember what), and he whined like a bitch when I gave him one neg rep back. you both turned your rep off after being dunked in the red, which is gutless if you're going to keep neg repping somebody. you should be able to take it if you're going to dish it out. if you don't like it, practice what you preach. it's just rep..lol

I thought I had apologized for that comment. I was drinking, it couldn't have been helped. :cheers:

You did apologize for that comment. But it still embarassed me. Few people know I even have that birthmark. And you go posting about it like that.

Totally not cool.

LOL!

lurker is a big baby. he neg repped me for something a while back (don't remember what), and he whined like a bitch when I gave him one neg rep back. you both turned your rep off after being dunked in the red, which is gutless if you're going to keep neg repping somebody. you should be able to take it if you're going to dish it out. if you don't like it, practice what you preach. it's just rep..lol

I turned off my rep when I was still a HOF poster. I just turned it off so people would think I was banned.:lol:

Archived