caught up on my movies this weekend

joewilly

I was kinda sick over the easter weekend so I watched a bunch of movies. can't bother finding your reviews sj but here's my thoughts.

no country for old men- brilliant and I didn't mind the ending at all & it made good sense to me. really well acted by brolin as well.

michael clayton- brilliant as well. really well done

atonement. didn't like this flick. the acting was ok. I don't dislike period pieces but this one depressed & dragged & went nowhere. She explained much at the end which helped give the stinkin movie some purpose for me but no thanks for the most part.

bridge over terabithia- it was 5:30 am on dishnet. I enjoyed it but glad I didn't pay to see it.

in the valley of elah... wow intense indeed. glad I saw it & thought the acting was great. i'm a huge tommy lee jones fan though.

we hit 4,000 deaths in Iraq over the weekend but the tens of thousands of messed up kids due to this war is another real crux of the problem imo. this movie depicts exactly how tragic the repurcussions of war can be.

I was kinda sick over the easter weekend so I watched a bunch of movies. can't bother finding your reviews sj but here's my thoughts.

no country for old men- brilliant and I didn't mind the ending at all & it made good sense to me. really well acted by brolin as well.

atonement. didn't like this flick. the acting was ok. I don't dislike period pieces but this one depressed & dragged & went nowhere. She explained much at the end which helped give the stinkin movie some purpose for me but no thanks for the most part.

bridge over terabithia- it was 5:30 am on dishnet. I enjoyed it but glad I didn't pay to see it.

in the valley of elah... wow intense indeed. glad I saw it & thought the acting was great. i'm a huge tommy lee jones fan though.

we hit 4,000 deaths in Iraq over the weekend but the tens of thousands of messed up kids due to this war is another real crux of the problem imo. this movie depicts exactly how tragic the repurcussions of war can be.

Stop trying to take over SJ role here joewilly. Thanks for the info though -

wil lcatch elah on TV,,was gone before i could see..

clayton very good (haha, i can relate with JGB being the family BigLaw corprorate bad guy ;))

no country- excellent, liked better than clayon

i liked atonement,,i thought it did veryu wel lwhat it was ..a english period piece romantic epic,,as tuna would say, it is what it is

terabithia,,it was OK,,but probably biggest ripoff as far as what previews implied it was vs what it really was,,you thought u were getting a nanrnia type fantasy world, where in reality, a fanciful dream world was just barely part of flick

Stop trying to take over SJ role here joewilly. Thanks for the info though -

heres hoping the easter bunny dropped an sj/jgb style brown egg in yer basket faba :cussing:

sj will always be the critic king around here. i'm prolly 3 months behind you guys movie wise & just wanted sj to see my thoughts on movies he prolly already commented on.

krist no wonder max likes smizzy better. he don't attack quality posters tryin to blend:)

hahaha..

steve;

did u ever get to see The Savages or The Bank Job...best of both worlds..

couple months man,,then amedios

No, did not see either....I will remember them though for future reference.

Speaking of Amedeos, are we doing something there draft day?

Archived