Manny Ramirez is on pace for 324 Ks

GM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are we discussing? How pathetic and jealous Yankee fans like you are? Just askin.....

I guess you missed the other Manny thread. I am real jealous of the Red Sox:roll:

I mean, how come I can't suffer for 86 years.

I guess you missed the other Manny thread. I am real jealous of the Red Sox:roll:

I mean, how come I can't suffer for 86 years.

Sports is a "what have you done lately enviroment." The Yanks haven't done anything in that regard.

I would be, especially in the pen and the rotation.

Beckett > Wang

Matsuzaka < Pettitte

Buccholz = Hughes (me being friendly, because I know Hughes is better)

Wakefield = Mussina (both suck)

Lester = Kennedy (Both have the same amount of upside, and if you think this guy, Lester is any better than Kennedy, well, did you watch that game against Oakland today?)

Oh yeah, us Yankee fans are really jealous.... lol

Beckett > Wang

Matsuzaka < Pettitte

Lester = Kennedy (Both have the same amount of upside, and if you think this guy, Lester is any better than Kennedy, well, did you watch that game against Oakland today?)

i'd say thats about right.

I can top that-I am glad to have been a Mets fan all of these years, rather than choosing to be a Yankees fan.

um... Choosing? I'm a fan of the Yankees, because my dad is a fan of them, and back when he liked baseball there were no Mets, and the Dodgers, and Giants were already in LA, so the Yankees were the only New York team. What did you expect my dad to do, wait until the Mets showed up?... Not to mention he was born in Brooklyn, not Queens.... So yeah, being a Yankee fan wasn't a choice for me to make. Seems like being a Mets fan is more of a choice if you ask me.

um... Choosing? I'm a fan of the Yankees, because my dad is a fan of them, and back when he liked baseball there were no Mets, and the Dodgers, and Giants were already in LA, so the Yankees were the only New York team. What did you expect my dad to do, wait until the Mets showed up?... Not to mention he was born in Brooklyn, not Queens.... So yeah, being a Yankee fan wasn't a choice for me to make. Seems like being a Mets fan is more of a choice if you ask me.

I didn't know DNA was a criteria in determining fandom, but good for you!

Why would Yankee fans be jealous of the Red Sox? It makes no sense. We have the better management, better fans, better athletes, more fans, more publicity, more popularity, more rings, and we own the Sox every year.

You guys won the AL east last year well that was a fluke, i'd like to see you guys do it 2 years in a row, while we did it 9 years in a row.

And congrats on beating the Rockies in the WS. Any AL team woulda crushed them. The Yankees would have made it to the ALCS without little nats attacking Joba, and then the Yanks would destroy the Sox in the ALCS.

Why would Yankee fans be jealous of the Red Sox? It makes no sense. We have the better management, better fans, better athletes, more fans, more publicity, more popularity, more rings, and we own the Sox every year.

You guys won the AL east last year well that was a fluke, i'd like to see you guys do it 2 years in a row, while we did it 9 years in a row.

And congrats on beating the Rockies in the WS. Any AL team woulda crushed them. The Yankees would have made it to the ALCS without little nats attacking Joba, and then the Yanks would destroy the Sox in the ALCS.

You know whats the funniest thing though. The year after the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, they missed the playoffs the next season, and these Red Sox fans think they're a dynasty. I'm sorry, but aren't dynasty's supposed to at least make the playoffs year in and year out, kind of like the the Yankees, who have made it 13 straight seasons.

You know whats the funniest thing though. The year after the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, they missed the playoffs the next season, and these Red Sox fans think they're a dynasty. I'm sorry, but aren't dynasty's supposed to at least make the playoffs year in and year out, kind of like the the Yankees, who have made it 13 straight seasons.

Dynasties win year to win, not just make the playoffs.

Manny will have an unreal year this year...Possble MVP type season only to be in 7th place, when MVP votes are tallied

I'm thinking

7th ManRam

6th ButtHolz

5th Ortilla

4th Lowell

3rd JD Doo

2nd Josh

MVP Schill

All Sawx in a 161-1 season

Beckett > Wang

Matsuzaka < Pettitte

I notice how you conveniently left out the bullpens. And until Andy P. is healthy (without performance enhancers), I'll take Dice-K, who is younger and not on the downside of his career.

I'd also take Wakefield over Mussina, because Mussina has obviously lost something he once had while Wakefield is coming off a very solid season with 17 wins.

The young guys are a wash until any of them proves anything, I agree with that. I don't judge pitchers on one game (you referencing Lester today), because if I did I might respond with did you see Lester in Game 4 of the World Series?

Just sayin'.

Manny will have an unreal year this year...Possble MVP type season only to be in 7th place, when MVP votes are tallied

I'm thinking

7th ManRam

6th ButtHolz

5th Ortilla

4th Lowell

3rd JD Doo

2nd Josh

MVP Schill

All Sawx in a 161-1 season

JonE's School for Cute Nicknames has summer classes?

Beckett > Wang

Matsuzaka < Pettitte

I can take that...except I would put Hughes as better than Bucc and Id put Wake better than Mussina(although its not that big a deal, because its not like he's outstanding).

However...assuming Joba isn't coming out of the pen this year(I havent heard much, so i dont know), as stated before, while Rivera may be the best ever, I'll take Papelbon, Okajima, and Delcarman over JUST him easily. Delcarman is a wildcard IMO, but not as much as Joba. If he's the setup man the Yankees pen is strong this season. Otherwise, I dunno...

I notice how you conveniently left out the bullpens. And until Andy P. is healthy (without performance enhancers), I'll take Dice-K, who is younger and not on the downside of his career.

I'd also take Wakefield over Mussina, because Mussina has obviously lost something he once had while Wakefield is coming off a very solid season with 17 wins.

The young guys are a wash until any of them proves anything, I agree with that. I don't judge pitchers on one game (you referencing Lester today), because if I did I might respond with did you see Lester in Game 4 of the World Series?

Just sayin'.

Tim Wakefield won 17 games with a 4.76 ERA. That doesn't mean he's any good, sure he's probably better than Mike Mussina, but they both suck so who cares. You guys are losing Schilling, before you lost him I would have said no doubt your rotation would be better:

Beckett > Wang

Schilling > Pettitte

Matsuzaka > Mussina

Buccholz = Hughes (maybe slightly in Hughes advantage)

Lester/Wakefield = Kennedy

So the only real advantage we would have would be Hughes, but now I would take Pettitte over Matsuzaka, I would take Hughes over Buccholz, but I agree you can't really debate much with the young kids. Beckett is obviously better than Wang, and like I said both Moose, and Wake just suck.

I can take that...except I would put Hughes as better than Bucc and Id put Wake better than Mussina(although its not that big a deal, because its not like he's outstanding).

However...assuming Joba isn't coming out of the pen this year(I havent heard much, so i dont know), as stated before, while Rivera may be the best ever, I'll take Papelbon, Okajima, and Delcarman over JUST him easily. Delcarman is a wildcard IMO, but not as much as Joba. If he's the setup man the Yankees pen is strong this season. Otherwise, I dunno...

Yeah, thats why I said that Hughes was better, I just said they were equal to avoid a conflict.

I think with Joba in our pen it would give us a pretty good case against the Red Sox. LaTroy Hawkins isin't that great, but he's had a good spring, hasn't allowed a run yet. Farnsworth doesn't seem as worthless. Bruney is in shape, and has better control of his pitches. Ohlendorf, Traber, and others have been solid. Sure the only sure thing though is Joba, and Rivera though. So yeah, you got to say Boston has the better Pen, I don't think they have the better set-up man though.

The reason that, its kind of a joke, for most of the Yankee fans on this board, talking about great memories and tradition is, reasonably speaking, most of you guys became fans during the late 90's run. How can you talk about Yankee history and memories, when you weren't there for the 40's and 60's, etc..

The reason that, its kind of a joke, for most of the Yankee fans on this board, talking about great memories and tradition is, reasonably speaking, most of you guys became fans during the late 90's run. How can you talk about Yankee history and memories, when you weren't there for the 40's and 60's, etc..

I was born a Yankee fan in 94, so if your trying to call me a bandwagon fan then we'll tart a debate over that btw look at your football team, and tell me about badnwagon fans. And weren't talking about the 40's, and 50's were talking mainly about 96-2000.

Archived