Manny Ramirez is on pace for 324 Ks

GM

He had 17 wins because he plays on one of the best hitting teams in the league. I don't have to prove anything to you though, I know the guy is a garbage pitcher. If he played on a team that has no run power, he wouldn't win 10 games with a 4.7+ era. Why the hell do you think Mussina won 12 with a 5.1+ era. It's because he plays on an excellent hitting team to get him the W's. Put Wakefield, or Mussina on Oakland, I guarentee that they wouldn't get 10 wins.

Actually, in 9 of Wakefield's 11 losses the Red Sox scored 3 runs or less. So just FYI, your argument doesn't hold water.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? It doesn't matter if you're 16, 19, 35 or 96, the Mets are still a hilarious example of an organization.

How are the Mets hilarious? They have had the same "success" as the Yankees since 2001.

Actually, in 9 of Wakefield's 11 losses the Red Sox scored 3 runs or less. So just FYI, your argument doesn't hold water.

You're just talking about the games he had loss, how many runs did the Red Sox score when he won the games, lets take a look at that then, W stands for Win.... lol

W1: 10 runs

W2: 4 runs

W3: 2 runs

W4: 8 runs

W5: 7 runs

W6: 2 runs

W7: 9 runs

W8: 2 runs

W9: 7 runs

W10: 7 runs

W11: 8 runs

W12: 7 runs

W13: 7 runs

W14: 3 runs

W15: 6 runs

W16: 14 runs

W17: 6 runs

That is an average of 6.4 runs per win. That is still a lot of runs in my opinion. I think my argument holds water. You are just wearing your red goggles.

How are the Mets hilarious? They have had the same "success" as the Yankees since 2001.

Thats not true, as crappy as just playoffs is to Yankees fans, we've made the playoffs every season since 2001, the Mets however have not, and we were in the World Series two seasons since that time. 2001, and 2003.

Thats not true, as crappy as just playoffs is to Yankees fans, we've made the playoffs every season since 2001, the Mets however have not, and we were in the World Series two seasons since that time. 2001, and 2003.

Good for you. How many World Series have the Yankees won since 2001?

The Yankees have broken a record since then. They are the only team to blow a 3-0 lead in MLB history.

If success can only mean World Series trophies, then yeah, sure. But other than that, they havn't done a thing better except bring in Latino's.

But hey, I love you Sox fans pounding your chest about 2 rings in four years. Its cute. ;-)

You're just talking about the games he had loss, how many runs did the Red Sox score when he won the games, lets take a look at that then, W stands for Win.... lol

W1: 10 runs

W2: 4 runs

W3: 2 runs

W4: 8 runs

W5: 7 runs

W6: 2 runs

W7: 9 runs

W8: 2 runs

W9: 7 runs

W10: 7 runs

W11: 8 runs

W12: 7 runs

W13: 7 runs

W14: 3 runs

W15: 6 runs

W16: 14 runs

W17: 6 runs

That is an average of 6.4 runs per win. That is still a lot of runs in my opinion. I think my argument holds water. You are just wearing your red goggles.

crazy carl is crazy for a reason

The Yankees have broken a record since then. They are the only team to blow a 3-0 lead in MLB history.

Rather have the chance to blow it, the Mets never had a chance to blow leads, because they never have leads....

You continue to get on Yankees fans for saying "26 Championships" then why can't we go before "2001"?

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

How many World Series have the Red Sox won since their exsistence?

These are silly arguments. The truth is, the Yankees are a bunch of overpaid scumbags, while the Sox are underappreciated choirboys.

Right now, the Red Sox are the "Evil Empire". The team people want to beat, the team that is on top, led by veterans.

The Yankees? Well on their way to a youth movement with Cano, Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Cabrera, Austin Jackson coming up soon (hopefully), etc.

Not to say the Sox arn't with Ellsbury, Papelbon and Buchholz, but the Yankees seem to be grooming more young talent than the Sox do right now at the Major League level.

You continue to get on Yankees fans for saying "26 Championships" then why can't we go before "2001"?

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

2 of those World Series wins have actually happened in this decade.

Right now, the Red Sox are the "Evil Empire". The team people want to beat, the team that is on top, led by veterans.

The Yankees? Well on their way to a youth movement with Cano, Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Cabrera, Austin Jackson coming up soon (hopefully), etc.

Not to say the Sox arn't with Ellsbury, Papelbon and Buchholz, but the Yankees seem to be grooming more young talent than the Sox do right now at the Major League level.

You forgot Pedroia, Youkilis is still young, Masterson and Lowrie have a chance to be really good. The Sox and Yankees are actually pretty close in minor league talent, the Yankees talent is closer to being ready for the show.

Should be a great season, should be a great rest of the decade.

2 of those World Series wins have actually happened in this decade.

Congrats. The Yankees have won 1 World Series this decade, not too far behind.

But thats right, Sox fans need something to be better at than the Yankees, so I guess you can take it and run with it.

You forgot Pedroia, Youkilis is still young, Masterson and Lowrie have a chance to be really good. The Sox and Yankees are actually pretty close in minor league talent, the Yankees talent is closer to being ready for the show.

Youk's young? Could've swore he was in his late 20's / early 30's.

I did forget about good ol' Dusty. That P.O.S. just comes up with random clutch hits.

Youk's young? Could've swore he was in his late 20's / early 30's.

I did forget about good ol' Dusty. That P.O.S. just comes up with random clutch hits.

You're right, Youk just turned 29. For some reason, I thought he was a little younger.

Who is that guy who tied the first game against the A's at 4-4? He seems like a good young player, how old is he? Is he from the Red Sox farm? -shocking.... me complimenting a red sox player... lol

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

It's all about "what have you done lately". The Skanks haven't done much even with the highest payroll in MLB history. :biggrin:

Don't forget Manny Delcarmen, who is shaping up to be one of the best set-up guys in the business.

Archived