HERE A MOCK DRAFT MIGHT LIKE OR HATE

FoxJet

The New York Jets trade the #6 pick, their earlier 4th rounder, and Dewayne Robertson to Baltimore for the #8 and #38 picks.

what!!! How does that even make sense,, and then taking two defensive players? and were trading 4th roiunder and our 6th plus drob for there 8 and 38?? dosent seem fair?

Agreed. Baltimore would never do it. That values DRob as a mid-3rd-rounder. Right now we're having trouble getting anything at all. Not to mention, what the hell do they need him for? You can't run on them as it is. Or is DRob going to help improve upon the 2.8ypc that RB's average against them?

This mock is way off ,why would we take another NT when we just got Jenkins? and if we trade with anyone it will be the cowboys imo.Also, why would we take Ellis, another guy for the defense when we need some offensive playmakers badly.

This Mock makes no sense at all ......sorry.

Absolutely.. I makes no sense.. I think this mock was made before free agency started..

IF that trade happened we wouldn't take Ellis. He's too much of a risk in the 3-4. Either way it doesen't matter, because with Mckelvin there we gotta take him. Then in round2A we should go Hardy. With round2B we defineatly go Avril.

That would be a great 1st day. we get a playmaking WR for our offense. We make our secondary one of the strongest, and one of the youngest in the NFL. Avril also gives us an even better pass rush. Then in round 4 we would go Jon Goff which would make our pass rush really really really good, and we woud have good depth.

6. PROJECTED TRADE -- The New York Jets trade the #6 pick, their earlier 4th rounder, and Dewayne Robertson to Baltimore for the #8 and #38 picks. The Ravens select Matt Ryan QB Boston College. Word on the street is that the Ravens covet Matt Ryan. It's also fairly well known that the Patriots at #7 are usually willing to trade down. With the threat of Chicago or another team snatching Ryan out from under them, the Ravens make a trade to move up a couple of spots, and pick up a serviceable rotation DT at the same time.

7. PROJECTED TRADE -- The Patriots trade the #7 pick to Detroit for #15 & #76. Yes, I realize that this doesn't add up on the all-powerful Trade Value Chart. I also know that Belichick really doesn't care, since the trade allows him to pick a player at a salary closer to what his value will be to the team and get a valuable third rounder to boot -- especially if the top player on his draft board will probably still be there at #15. The Lions select Darren McFadden RB Arkansas. With Tatum Bell the best RB on the roster currently, help is needed. And with New England giving them a favorable trade, it's worth it for them to move up and take McFadden.

8. New York Jets - Sedric Ellis DE USC -- Some say that Ellis can't play in a 3-4. I say nonsense. He could be the ideal 3-4 end for Mangini, and shore up a definite weakness for the Jets. I think he'll probably be a strong DROY candidate.

6. PROJECTED TRADE -- The New York Jets trade the #6 pick, their earlier 4th rounder, and Dewayne Robertson to Baltimore for the #8 and #38 picks. The Ravens select Matt Ryan QB Boston College. Word on the street is that the Ravens covet Matt Ryan. It's also fairly well known that the Patriots at #7 are usually willing to trade down. With the threat of Chicago or another team snatching Ryan out from under them, the Ravens make a trade to move up a couple of spots, and pick up a serviceable rotation DT at the same time.

7. PROJECTED TRADE -- The Patriots trade the #7 pick to Detroit for #15 & #76. Yes, I realize that this doesn't add up on the all-powerful Trade Value Chart. I also know that Belichick really doesn't care, since the trade allows him to pick a player at a salary closer to what his value will be to the team and get a valuable third rounder to boot -- especially if the top player on his draft board will probably still be there at #15. The Lions select Darren McFadden RB Arkansas. With Tatum Bell the best RB on the roster currently, help is needed. And with New England giving them a favorable trade, it's worth it for them to move up and take McFadden.

8. New York Jets - Sedric Ellis DE USC -- Some say that Ellis can't play in a 3-4. I say nonsense. He could be the ideal 3-4 end for Mangini, and shore up a definite weakness for the Jets. I think he'll probably be a strong DROY candidate.

Are you getting somehwere with this?

i like the idea of ellis as a DE, although if we land the guy it will be with the number 6 pick. Funny how everyone says BPA....until it's our turn to pick. This draft does not have the offensive playmakers at the very top, it could be a definate possibility that we end up going defense with our first pick.

i like the idea of ellis as a DE, although if we land the guy it will be with the number 6 pick. Funny how everyone says BPA....until it's our turn to pick. This draft does not have the offensive playmakers at the very top, it could be a definate possibility that we end up going defense with our first pick.

Everyone liked the idea of Warren Sapp as a 3-4 end too.

It's far too big a risk to spend the #6 pick on.

Everyone liked the idea of Warren Sapp as a 3-4 end too.

It's far too big a risk to spend the #6 pick on.

As i remember Sapp made a probowl at the end position and was a part of a top 5 defense as an end. What's your point?

Everyone wants to claim you 'need' too have long arms, you 'need' to have excellent this or that. If all these needs were exactly right, there is no way a 5 foot 11 receiver would have been the best of all time, and a weak armed QB would be considered one of the best clutch QB's to ever play.

Scouts come up with these 'needs', there are so many more qualities that go into a player you cannot pigeon hole someone like Ellis and call him only a 43 DT, and not even consider him at a different spot.

I heard Marshal Faulk call Ellis a Richard Seymore clone. I don't know about you, but i'd like to have a Richard Seymore clone on this team.

Agreed. Baltimore would never do it. That values DRob as a mid-3rd-rounder. Right now we're having trouble getting anything at all. Not to mention, what the hell do they need him for? You can't run on them as it is. Or is DRob going to help improve upon the 2.8ypc that RB's average against them?

Sperm, don't even go there about D-Rob, you don't have to. They should have based the trade on the NFL DRAFT VALUE CHART - you know, something that every NFL team uses:

http://http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Baltimore Trades:

• 1st Round (8th overall) - 1400
  • 2nd Round (38th overall)- 540
  • For a combined total of : 1940

Jets Trade:

• 1st Round (6th overall) - 1600
  • 4th Round (99th overall) - 104
  • For a combined total of : 1704

Even with Drob in the mix - This is too little for us to give for this trade - It would have taken our 5th & a 6th just to make this trade legal - He's way off!

Sperm They should have based the trade on the NFL DRAFT VALUE CHART - you know, something that every NFL team uses:

Even with Drob in the mix - This is too little for us to give for this trade - It would have taken our 5th & a 6th just to make this trade legal - He's way off!

Legal trade? what are you talking about? It's not mandated to use that stupid chart, it's more of a guidline...the thing has so many flaws anyway, that it makes it almost worthless.

As i remember Sapp made a probowl at the end position and was a part of a top 5 defense as an end. What's your point?

When was this?? IIRC he really struggled with the transition. He made the pro-bowl two years ago as a DT in a 4-3 if that's what you're talking about.

Legal trade? what are you talking about? It's not mandated to use that stupid chart, it's more of a guidline...the thing has so many flaws anyway, that it makes it almost worthless.

Drago, the NFL mandated that chart years ago as a way for teams to balance a trade.

That why the ALL USE THE DAMN THING.

-Nuff said!

Drago, the NFL mandated that chart years ago as a way for teams to balance a trade.

That why the ALL USE THE DAMN THING.

-Nuff said!

I'm not arguing with you about this, but this is the first I've heard about the NFL "mandating" that teams use that chart made by some guy who used to work for the Cowboys before the NFL had either free agency or a salary cap. The chart doesn't even come from the NFL's office.

Where did you get this from? If so I'd seriously like to see it. Because to the best of my knowledge, a team may make a trade for anything they please & accept any compensation they like. Just like franchise players. A team losing the player isn't "mandated" to take 2 first rounders. They can take less (and usually do).

Archived