Ryan "Clicks" with Schotty.

NY JET 29

Quote:

I totally clicked with their offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. What a great coach, great offensive mind, and he just has this thing about him that puts you at ease and makes you immediately feel like he's on your side trying to get you better. I was really impressed with how relaxed he makes you feel.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7958748/What-question-stopped-me-in-my-tracks?

Doesen't mean that much to if we draft him, because the player doesen't choose the team, but I think it's an interesting article. I think the rumors of us drafting Ryan are getting closer, and closer to reality.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you'd have to be excited to see us take a QB at #6...and hey it didn't hurt SD to have two high caliber guys there...it's like money in the bank if you sit on one for a couple of years and then trade him if you can

So you're saying that matt ryan is going to be a high caliber guy? That he is going to be the answer at QB for us? Is he NFL ready or do we have to sit with chad and kellen for a year or two before ryan can step in?

So you're saying that matt ryan is going to be a high caliber guy? That he is going to be the answer at QB for us? Is he NFL ready or do we have to sit with chad and kellen for a year or two before ryan can step in?

I really don't know Arsis TBH...I have never seen him play...I'm sure our scouts and coaches know if it would be worth it...again think San Diego with Rivers and Drew Brees

I really don't know Arsis TBH...I have never seen him play...I'm sure our scouts and coaches know if it would be worth it...again think San Diego with Rivers and Drew Brees

I understand what the best case scenario, what I'm worried about is the worst case scenario which is we have 3 ****ty qb's on our roster all taken in the top 50.

I've watched a lot of BC football and feel Ryan is ready. He carried BC the last two years. His offensive teammates were average to say the least and BC had a crappy running game averaging 3.4 yards per carry in 2006 and 2007.

Ryan threw for 7,449 yards, 46TDs and 29INT's over those two seasons. He was also sacked 40 times (The O Line had issues as well).

In a nutshell, Ryan was the BC offense.

I understand what the best case scenario, what I'm worried about is the worst case scenario which is we have 3 ****ty qb's on our roster all taken in the top 50.

If Ryan is drafted either Kellen or Chad will be gone.

Ryan is a much better pro prospect than KC was.

I'd like us to draft him.

He's slowly but surely becoming #1 on my list of players I want us to take.

I agree

It would take alot for the FO to admit they made a mistake on KC, but drafting Ryan will speed to recovery process IMO

I've watched a lot of BC football and feel Ryan is ready. He carried BC the last two years. His offensive teammates were average to say the least and BC had a crappy running game averaging 3.4 yards per carry in 2006 and 2007.

Ryan threw for 7,449 yards, 46TDs and 29INT's over those two seasons. He was also sacked 40 times (The O Line had issues as well).

In a nutshell, Ryan was the BC offense.

hey G-you think he is better than Brady Quinn was ? oh yea Chad Pennington will NOT even BE on the team this summer...

hey G-you think he is better than Brady Quinn was ? oh yea Chad Pennington will NOT even BE on the team this summer...

Its tough to say as I don't like Notre Dame and hardly ever watch their games. I do know that Quinn had better weapons than Ryan.

What kind of QB is he? Whom does he play like? what are his strengths/weaknesses.

He's a pocket QB who can get make throws on the run, he seemed to react very well when under pressure.

Comparisons have been made with Ben Roethlisbereger for his ability to throw on the run and for his size. However he'll be more of a pocket passer than Ben.

There have been knocks on his arm strentgh but I don't go along with that at all. He gets good zip on his throws. He didn't stretch the field much with BC (because his WR's were pretty awful and couldn't get open downfield) but apparently at his pro-day he showed the ability to make every throw.

He's a pocket QB who can get make throws on the run, he seemed to react very well when under pressure.

Comparisons have been made with Ben Roethlisbereger for his ability to throw on the run and for his size. However he'll be more of a pocket passer than Ben.

There have been knocks on his arm strentgh but I don't go along with that at all. He gets good zip on his throws. He didn't stretch the field much with BC (because his WR's were pretty awful and couldn't get open downfield) but apparently at his pro-day he showed the ability to make every throw.

This video pretty much shows what he is capable of when forced out of the pocket.

ri1Kl-5YZgY

I hav e watched a number of BC games- the one so called knock you can put on Ryan he has an average arm not a real strong arm per se. That does not mean he can not be a winner in the NFL though.

Anyone disagree with this assessment of Ryan's ability? So far I've only heard great things about him, so is there any reason why he isn't projected to go ahead of us, why isn't there more talk about us picking him?

Anyone disagree with this assessment of Ryan's ability? So far I've only heard great things about him, so is there any reason why he isn't projected to go ahead of us, why isn't there more talk about us picking him?

The only knock on him is the high amount of INTs he threw. Some of that can be explained by his crappy receiving core as well as the confidence he has in himself to get the ball into tight spaces.

IMO he won't last past the Ravens in the 8 slot.

There is a chance he go's to Atlanta. I can't see Miami taking him at #1 or KC at #5.

However I believe Atlanta have an even bigger need at Dt then at QB. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take Dorsey or Ellis who themselves would be great prospects for Atlanta's 4-3. They would then be able to pickup a QB with one of their multiple 2nd round picks, maybe Flacco or Brohm.

That's what I believe will happen anyways.

The only knock on him is the high amount of INTs he threw. Some of that can be explained by his crappy receiving core as well as the confidence he has in himself to get the ball into tight spaces.

IMO he won't last past the Ravens in the 8 slot.

Then I'm glad that the Jets are taking a good solid look at him and if they feel that he is worth the pick I wont go ballistic like all of these mcfadden lovers will.

There is a good chance he go's to Atlanta. I can't see Miami taking him at #1 or KC at #5.

However I believe Atlanta have an even bigger need at Dt then at QB. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take Dorsey or Ellis who themselves would be great prospects for Atlanta's 4-3. They would then be able to pickup a QB with one of their multiple 2nd round picks, maybe Flacco or Brohm.

That's what I believe will happen anyways.

I don't think so, because now the Falcons have 2 2nd round picks withing the first 5 picks of round 2, so I think they'll go QB with their first 2nd rounder.

I think Herm has to go OL with their pick. They had a really bad one last year. It doesn't matter who plays qb for them, they'll get killed.

I agree but Herm & Peterson were at the BC Pro day last week watching Ryan so you never know what those clowns will do!

If anyone is ready to run for his life it's Ryan. He's been doing it the last 2 years.

I think Herm has to go OL with their pick. They had a really bad one last year. It doesn't matter who plays qb for them, they'll get killed.

I think he has to go OL too, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him do something totally different.

A Tight End perhaps???

Archived