Obituary: 03/30/08

Maxman

Hey all,

I've been posting on JI for a couple years but the board is just filled with so much nonsense and BS I just couldn't stand the fools over there anymore. On Jets Nation you guys are actually talking about the JETS, not all of the stupid OT crap at JI. It's nice to be on a Jets forum where members are actually discussing the Jets!

You all seem like a good bunch of people, and I look forward to posting here.

:headbang:

Love the username. Thanks for signing up!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to jetnation we have no garbage dumps here also.

The problem with JI is that most of the threads belong in a dump. I never really got involved in the whole JI - JN feud, but that board has really gone downhill. I look forward to posting here.

So, flaming homosexuals do the cavity search?

Can I pay for a VIP membership and skip this step?;) HAHA

Well yeah

sort of.

That means you have to do a personal interview with Max.

Which means you have to pay $55 for the cavity search

So, flaming homosexuals do the cavity search?

Can I pay for a VIP membership and skip this step?;) HAHA

We just processed your paperwork. You have been approved and can just start posting. No physical required!

We've had our fair share of those too my friend. And it bugs me regardless of which "side" is doing it. I have great love and respect for Max, and Smizzard and you and alot of folks here. I just wish everyone involved would move on. Two sites, same team. Rivalry is a cool thing, but true hatred (and I see some of that here) just isn't something I got for fellow Jets Fans.

But whilst I may be Lord Pessimist most times when it comes to the Jets, maybe I'm just a blue-sky dreamer when it comes to this. Lotta water under the bridge at this stage, best to leave it there if you ask me.

I've said my peace. Love and Respect, Fish.

I think it needs to be said. JN has no grudge against the posters of JetsInsider. It's just the one , money hungry owner we have an issue with but we have moved passed all that.

Now we just joke around and have fun with it. Thats what we do here,we have fun.

JetNation.com is far too BIG on it's own to worry about what the other guys are doing. Join us,Bash us, love us or hate us...We won't change and we certainly won't charge :winking0001:

I personally would love to never discuss Sooth or the JN/JI thing again. It's beyond a dead issue.

Let's just all be Jets fans!

We've had our fair share of those too my friend. And it bugs me regardless of which "side" is doing it. I have great love and respect for Max, and Smizzard and you and alot of folks here. I just wish everyone involved would move on. Two sites, same team. Rivalry is a cool thing, but true hatred (and I see some of that here) just isn't something I got for fellow Jets Fans.

But whilst I may be Lord Pessimist most times when it comes to the Jets, maybe I'm just a blue-sky dreamer when it comes to this. Lotta water under the bridge at this stage, best to leave it there if you ask me.

I've said my peace. Love and Respect, Fish.

Do you even know who runs the site? That is the problem... idiot banned me before I even started... he doesnt want JETS fans... he wants people who agree with him and will kiss his ass.

Now we just joke around and have fun with it. Thats what we do here,we have fun.

Let's just all be Jets fans!

I know bro. And I get the ribbing back and forth, like I said, rivalry can and is fun times. But I guess some folks, on both sides, take it all too far from where I sit. Is what it is of course, certainly no one is required to think in a particular way cause I say so. I just hold out hope of a day where JI and JN can have friendly Softball Games (with sexy matching Softbell Jerseys) and all the dark waters of the past stay there, and we can all be friends again. Obviosuly, we got folks on both sides who aren't ready for that just yet, but I hold out hope.

Do you even know who runs the site? That is the problem... idiot banned me before I even started... he doesnt want JETS fans... he wants people who agree with him and will kiss his ass.

I do. I work for him as a Mod, so I know. And I have to disagree, I have been vocal in my disagreements with Sooth in the past, annoyingly so (to him) at times, and I continue to disagree at times of certain things today. Hell, my unending respect and love for Max And Smizz and crew doesn't exactly make Sooth happy, all things considered. He has never once banned me or threatened to do so for any of it. He respects my differences of view.

Most bans are by Mods, not Sooth himself. Blame guys like me (well, maybe not me, I don;t ban too many folks....even if I might like to at times!), not Sooth. He doesn't hand down some creed to ban certain people, the Mods do what the mods feel is right. Just like any forum. I'm sure good folks may have gotton banned for wroing word/wrong time kinda things, but we (again, like any forum) have alot of trouble causing asshats too.

It's all good. I congratulate JN for their great and clear success. You've built a great site, the same way I still think JI is a truly great site. Yes, the communties are different, both have great things to give us readers, and both have some drawbacks too, like any community.

But we're on the same team, the JETS team. And while I am utterly sure there are plenty of deep and unrelenting asshats who are also Jets fans, I go nothing bad to say about there. Not here on JN, and not on JI. J...E..T...S...JETS! JETS! JETS!

So, is the "Draft McFadden" talk as prevalent here as back on JI? Just curious.....

Isn't Sooth a Chad fan???

You'd be perfect for agreeing and kissing his ass.:lol:

I just hold out hope of a day where JI and JN can have friendly Softball Games (with sexy matching Softbell Jerseys) and all the dark waters of the past stay there, and we can all be friends again. Obviosuly, we got folks on both sides who aren't ready for that just yet, but I hold out hope.

That can happen. In Heaven. They say in Heaven, love comes first.

But despite what Belinda Carlisle told you, it ain't a place on earth. :)

VQahvFdQVu8

How i missed this thread till now i dont know.

I say let em rot. JN 4 Life. JI & TGG blows goats, i have proof.

I'm not going to talk about the whole April Fool's thing, but I do want to say I think I know who the above poster is and his quarrel should not be with JI, it is only with me. I'm willing to put the episode behind and reinstate you, let me know if you're interested. If not, that's fine also.

1st Annual JN, JI and TGG BBQ.

We can all plan on it and come up with some really swell neat things to partake in.

I ask JI and TGG posters here at JN to cut and paste this entry and put on JI and TGG so ALL THREE boards can plan on this potentially wild and crazy afternoon of merriment.

Cant you just imagine, everyone enjoying each others company over a campfire and singing some really nostalgic Camp tunes. Wow, I can smell the marshmallows already.

So after everyone has voiced thier opinion, then the Three Honchos, Max, Sean and Petro can have a meeting of the minds and agree on what seems the most popular suggestions.

LETS KEEP THIS CIVIL, CLEAN AND NO NAME CALLING. This is a serious attempt to join three groups who really have one common thread after all, the LOVE OF THE NY JETS.

So let the suggestions begin on following starter points:

------------------------------------------------------------

Date of BBQ:

Most logistical place of BBQ to be held: ex. town, state

Venue in chosen town that is eventually picked: i.e. Park w/softball field, swimmimg location etc.

Main course suggestions: Ex. Burgers/Dogs,, Chicken, Fish Pork etc.

Dessert suggestions: i.e. Ice cream, pies, etc.

Main festivity suggest: i.e. softball game, board vs board or mixed teams for unity objective, volleyball, bocce

Sub activities: i.e. Football trivia pursuit, golf pitching contest, egg tossing contests etc.

Activities for kids: i.e. water balloon tossing, three legged races, secret hunts for prizes

As evening approaches entertainment: i.e. campfire singalongs, charades, marshmallow roasting, contests of posts read and play a 'guess who that poster was'

Hosts: no suggestions,, it has to be a shared hosting by Max, Sean and Petro

I'm not going to talk about the whole April Fool's thing, but I do want to say I think I know who the above poster is and his quarrel should not be with JI, it is only with me. I'm willing to put the episode behind and reinstate you, let me know if you're interested. If not, that's fine also.

LOL, it will be interesting to see if he's willing to take that 'let him rot' comment back.:lol:

For cryin' out loud!! Would you look at this? A JI mod over here OPENLY trying to steal our posters. Are you going to stand for this Max? :lol:

For cryin' out loud!! Would you look at this? A JI mod over here OPENLY trying to steal our posters. Are you going to stand for this Max? :lol:

if he didnt do anything to warrant a lifetime ban from ji then is he really JN material anyways?

Archived