Obituary: 03/30/08

Maxman

1st Annual JN, JI and TGG BBQ.

We can all plan on it and come up with some really swell neat things to partake in.

I ask JI and TGG posters here at JN to cut and paste this entry and put on JI and TGG so ALL THREE boards can plan on this potentially wild and crazy afternoon of merriment.

Cant you just imagine, everyone enjoying each others company over a campfire and singing some really nostalgic Camp tunes. Wow, I can smell the marshmallows already.

So after everyone has voiced thier opinion, then the Three Honchos, Max, Sean and Petro can have a meeting of the minds and agree on what seems the most popular suggestions.

LETS KEEP THIS CIVIL, CLEAN AND NO NAME CALLING. This is a serious attempt to join three groups who really have one common thread after all, the LOVE OF THE NY JETS.

So let the suggestions begin on following starter points:

------------------------------------------------------------

Date of BBQ:

Most logistical place of BBQ to be held: ex. town, state

Venue in chosen town that is eventually picked: i.e. Park w/softball field, swimmimg location etc.

Main course suggestions: Ex. Burgers/Dogs,, Chicken, Fish Pork etc.

Dessert suggestions: i.e. Ice cream, pies, etc.

Main festivity suggest: i.e. softball game, board vs board or mixed teams for unity objective, volleyball, bocce

Sub activities: i.e. Football trivia pursuit, golf pitching contest, egg tossing contests etc.

Activities for kids: i.e. water balloon tossing, three legged races, secret hunts for prizes

As evening approaches entertainment: i.e. campfire singalongs, charades, marshmallow roasting, contests of posts read and play a 'guess who that poster was'

Hosts: no suggestions,, it has to be a shared hosting by Max, Sean and Petro

For the sub activities I could bring some nice cowpies and we could have a cowpie throwing contest. It would be loads of fun. :headbang:

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to talk about the whole April Fool's thing, but I do want to say I think I know who the above poster is and his quarrel should not be with JI, it is only with me. I'm willing to put the episode behind and reinstate you, let me know if you're interested. If not, that's fine also.

only an hour and 30 min left jetswin

1st Annual JN, JI and TGG BBQ.

We can all plan on it and come up with some really swell neat things to partake in.

I ask JI and TGG posters here at JN to cut and paste this entry and put on JI and TGG so ALL THREE boards can plan on this potentially wild and crazy afternoon of merriment.

Cant you just imagine, everyone enjoying each others company over a campfire and singing some really nostalgic Camp tunes. Wow, I can smell the marshmallows already.

So after everyone has voiced thier opinion, then the Three Honchos, Max, Sean and Petro can have a meeting of the minds and agree on what seems the most popular suggestions.

LETS KEEP THIS CIVIL, CLEAN AND NO NAME CALLING. This is a serious attempt to join three groups who really have one common thread after all, the LOVE OF THE NY JETS.

why do people think we all need to get along?

if you want gay talk- you go to JN

if you want immature talk and ego's, ego's, ego's- you go to JI

if you want real football discussion- you got to tgg.

Its ok we are splintered.

why do people think we all need to get along?

if you want gay talk- you go to JN

if you want immature talk and ego's, ego's, ego's- you go to JI

if you want real football discussion- you got to tgg.

Its ok we are splintered.

its all cool,,have fun

its all cool,,have fun

I'd go if i dont have to pay anything. Or do anything.

:).

Im just bustin' on ya. I know a lot of you guys have friends at all the sites. And thats cool. It would be nice if some people put aside their ego's and let fans be fans, instead of worrying about people not agreeing with their point of view.

Maybe we can have Herm flown in since he was one of the reasons that caused so much pain and anguish. We can have him try to broker peace between the sites. And give inspirational speeches. And cook some BBQ for us.

If you get Herm, I am aboard!

I'm not going to talk about the whole April Fool's thing, but I do want to say I think I know who the above poster is and his quarrel should not be with JI, it is only with me. I'm willing to put the episode behind and reinstate you, let me know if you're interested. If not, that's fine also.

Holy crap. A JI Mod is openly LOBBYING to posters on JN.

Is it because of our # 1 ranking? WTF. Unreal.

:rl:

For cryin' out loud!! Would you look at this? A JI mod over here OPENLY trying to steal our posters. Are you going to stand for this Max? :lol:

Damn -- I responded and then read your post. I had the same reaction though. Geez I guess we are just a victim of our own success, lol.

Just busting Jetswin. It's what we do! People can make their own decision about what board fits them best.

CObraVerde -- we know where you live man. Leave us and we will find out. No pressure though. :)

Damn -- I responded and then read your post. I had the same reaction though. Geez I guess we are just a victim of our own success, lol.

Just busting Jetswin. It's what we do! People can make their own decision about what board fits them best.

CObraVerde -- we know where you live man. Leave us and we will find out. No pressure though. :)

lol..I know Max, if this is the guy I think it is I just wanted to give another chance to the only guy I ever really got pissed off at as a mod. I'm all about second chances Max

lol..I know Max, if this is the guy I think it is I just wanted to give another chance to the only guy I ever really got pissed off at as a mod. I'm all about second chances Max

Prove it -- reinstate my account. :love0030:

Hey all,

I've been posting on JI for a couple years but the board is just filled with so much nonsense and BS I just couldn't stand the fools over there anymore. On Jets Nation you guys are actually talking about the JETS, not all of the stupid OT crap at JI. It's nice to be on a Jets forum where members are actually discussing the Jets!

You all seem like a good bunch of people, and I look forward to posting here.

:headbang:

We are good people.:lol:

Its nice to see another happy JN customer.

Oh man this is hysterical. I think "The_Soothslayer" may actually be Sean. Seriously the IP was new to this site but it was the same provider that I am told he uses. He said something to me in a PM that made me think it was him.

So what did we do? We (well our boy Greenbeans) redirected his IP to www.ihop.com. C'mon that is pretty funny. Sean signs up here and we send him to ihop. Classic. I can't be 100% sure it is Sean. But he said something to me via PM that only he would say or TomShane. I actually reached out to TomShane afterwards and Tom said he didn't do it. Can't say for sure but now that the "same user" is on JI I really think it was Soothie.

Who else would care that we outposted them besides pretty much me or him? The funny part is that we didn't cheat. Those were all actually posts. Granted Irish Jet had 86.7% of them but they were posts regardless. I didn't install a VB Hack for that, I would have just edited the database if I wanted to do that.

These damn n00b Webmasters like Sooth and their vb hacks. :) We didn't cheat though. Nice to know that we got under his skin. That is always fun, hahaha.

Oh man this is hysterical. I think "The_Soothslayer" may actually be Sean. Seriously the IP was new to this site but it was the same provider that I am told he uses. He said something to me in a PM that made me think it was him.

So what did we do? We (well our boy Greenbeans) redirected his IP to www.ihop.com. C'mon that is pretty funny. Sean signs up here and we send him to ihop. Classic. I can't be 100% sure it is Sean. But he said something to me via PM that only he would say or TomShane. I actually reached out to TomShane afterwards and Tom said he didn't do it. Can't say for sure but now that the "same user" is on JI I really think it was Soothie.

Who else would care that we outposted them besides pretty much me or him? The funny part is that we didn't cheat. Those were all actually posts. Granted Irish Jet had 86.7% of them but they were posts regardless. I didn't install a VB Hack for that, I would have just edited the database if I wanted to do that.

These damn n00b Webmasters like Sooth and their vb hacks. :) We didn't cheat though. Nice to know that we got under his skin. That is always fun, hahaha.

Damn, only 86.7%???

I'm slacking.:lol:

Archived