Obituary: 03/30/08

Maxman

Hempstead NYJetsinsider.com, died March 29, 2008 after a long bout of bad ownership. The GrandDaddy of all Jets sites is no longer with us and we mourn. She once laid claim to being the “the most heavily trafficked Jets message board on the web”. This is no longer true. She is survived by numerous blogs and message boards.

Here are the results of the autopsy:

big-board033008_thumb.jpg

As the coroners report (above) clearly states, the “voice of the jets fan” is no longer that loud. Years of hounding people for $55 took its toll and the collapse began.

We here at *********.com offer our deepest condolences. We are truly sorry for your loss. To all the fine posters that find themselves with extra money and no Jets site to post at, we are offering you an amnesty program. Sign up at JetNation.com. Please don’t feel pressured. If you decide you don’t like your user name, we will change it for you, no questions asked. The pain you feel is real and grief counselors are standing by ready to help.

A memorial will be held on Sunday March 30, 2008 in the JetNation.com forums. The burial will be on Monday March 31, 2008 (by invitation only). Afterwards, immediate family is invited back to the Ski Haus for lunch. In lieu of flowers please send a donation to paypal@jetnation.com.

casket.jpg

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8b3mftcV0dY

God works in mysterious ways.

I first found JI in the spring of 2001. We hit it off and became instant friends. The people were great, the atmosphere was inviting and always friendly. I had some great battles there. Knickerbocker & JetsDMasterMind were always fun guys to knock around.

I really enjoyed hanging out there and shooting the breeze with my fellow Jets fans...I'm the guy who's idea it was for the "Football 101" forum on JI. I started the Secret Santa on JI and ran it by myself. Night Crew? All Me. We were as close as could be.

Over the years our relationship soured and we grew apart but the friends I left behind always seemed to cross my mind from time to time. When friends grow up and money gets involved things have a way of changing. Soon My friends & I weren't welcome at JI anymore and before long I found out he was coming to my new home and stealing things when I wasn't there. At the end JI just wasn't what it once was but when you think of JI, don't remember them as idea thieves; and when you think of them, don't think of The Guy from Brooklyn...but rather, remember them when they were great. Remember them when they were "The most heavily trafficked NY Jets fan site and community on the internet".

But with its passing I feel the need to forgive all of it and just remember the friendship we had in the beginning.

To the Family JI left behind...GJ&H...Kleckoisgod...Bergen Jet...Murph...Sooth..Warfish...Jetswin....I hope you guys know if you ever need anything to just ask. I'm sure we can even get you guys jobs here at JN if you need something to moderate.

RIP JI...You will be missed.

To all those that hurt today, we are here for you. We offer this thread as a Memorial. So you can share stories about the good times. And remember her for who she once was. Don't think of her as she is today. Instead, remember her in all her 2002 glory.

This is ironic, I actually went to "over there" yesterday for the first time in about a year, and the only thread I looked at was the one discussing user name changes and paying for the privilege. Alas, nothing has changed. But this thread on the passing; what does it all mean? I am so confused?!? Where do we go from here? Does this mean we have to make nice with PatsFanTx again? I feel 13 again, lost and alone, well except for my trusty copy of my favorite Hustler issue.

hustlerc.jpgjap.jpg

This is ironic, I actually went to "over there" yesterday for the first time in about a year, and the only thread I looked at was the one discussing user name changes and paying for the privilege. Alas, nothing has changed. But this thread on the passing; what does it all mean? I am so confused?!? Where do we go from here? Does this mean we have to make nice with PatsFanTx again? I feel 13 again, lost and alone, well except for my trusty copy of my favorite Hustler issue.

It is hard to answer these questions now. And I think we should just worry about all that tomorrow. The grief today is strong and it is real. Let's deal with the pain first.

There is plenty of time to celebrate the greatness that is JetNation later on.

Thanks for your compassion at this time.

Would it be insensitive of me to say I feel nothing?

It is a process. Today you truly don't feel anything. Tomorrow though or the next day, reality will set in. Just know that it is okay to cry. It won't make you less of a man.

Jetsinsider banned me because I was saying that jetnation is a way better site. Well Jetsinsider I guess I was right:)

You were banned for admitting you duplicated an account:

Not exactly. Did someone fail to inform him about our policy of one username per person? Sorry.

You know, I wasn't going to drink today. But I opened the refrigerator and lo and behold, on the door shelf was a 10 oz block of Kraft Cracker Barrel natural sharp cheddar cheese.

It just wouldn't be right to put a slice or two on a cracker, put a spanish olive on top, eat it---

And not chase it down with a cold glass of Old Milwaukee. Afterwards when nature calls, I'll go in the bathroom, I'll close my eyes and pretend that I am pissing on JI's grave.

.... and before I ventured over there to find things as usual.... I very selfishly bemoaned all the dicksnakes we would be infested with here if that board was shut down. Max - it's only the 30th. We have 2 whole days till April 1;)

I don't understand Larry David or Enterouge. I watch for maybe ten minutes, say "this is stupid" and change channels.

Is it supposed to be like, sophisticated humor, that tricks pseudo-intellectuals into telling all their friends they watch it, lest their friends realize that they don't have much on the ball?

Seriously, I'm trying to figure it out.

We better start planning on the menu for the wake.

I will start:

Pancakes

Hostess Products

Actually, that ought to cover it.

oh we forgot the drinks,,since it will be mainly JI teenybopper posters (all they really have) KoolAid will be served :rl:

Archived