Pedro went to the DL early this year.

TomShane

Looks like he is the Mets version of Pavano. If he sneezes and his arm falls off, its him.

That's pretty much the most uneducated comment I've ready today. Pavano had one good year and then pocketed 40 million from a genius GM who shall remain nameless. Pedro is a first ballot hall of famer, and comparing the 2 in that sense well, really makes no sense If you're going for the Pedro is a waste of money angle, you're off base on that as well. The signing of Pedro brought enthusiasm back to Shea. Before him, the Mets were pretty terrible, and even unwatchable. The signing signal a return to relevance and made other players want to play for the Mets as well. If haven't been paying attention check, the Mets records before and after Pedro as well as the attendance records. Sure Pedro has missed a lot of paying time, but again, if you really pay attention to the Mets closely, you'd realize that Pedro is actually worth his weight in gold.

That's pretty much the most uneducated comment I've ready today. Pavano had one good year and then pocketed 40 million from a genius GM who shall remain nameless. Pedro is a first ballot hall of famer, and comparing the 2 in that sense well, really makes no sense If you're going for the Pedro is a waste of money angle, you're off base on that as well. The signing of Pedro brought enthusiasm back to Shea. Before him, the Mets were pretty terrible, and even unwatchable. The signing signal a return to relevance and made other players want to play for the Mets as well. If haven't been paying attention check, the Mets records before and after Pedro as well as the attendance records. Sure Pedro has missed a lot of paying time, but again, if you really pay attention to the Mets closely, you'd realize that Pedro is actually worth his weight in gold.

dude pedro's getting paid mad cash to pitch 30 innings last year

I don't think he was comparing Pedro's career to Pavano just his Met career. pedro has been more important off the field but hasn't done anything on the field for the Mets. Last yera he was boasting how he was throwing better than Clemens in May/June yet he didn't come back until a few mos later, all offseason we have heard how good he'd be and he goes out and gets lit up in game 1 then gets hurt AGAIN.

I wasnt comparing careers, I was comparing the whole DL stint thing. Since he signed he has been a permanent resident just like Pavano. I would take Pedro on a team long before Pavano is a thought(assuming both are healthy)

I personally never thought that Pedro deserved to be that high in the order to begin with. Maine is the superior pitcher at this point and Pedro is still going on reputation and potential, which when healthy, is still very high.

On the plus side Maine can move from 4th to 2nd in the rotation, where he should stay and it will still go along with the LRLR formation that Willie wanted.

It was bound to happen for Pedro to get hurt, maybe not the first game of the season, but it was only a matter of time, and frankly better now than September, when they'll really need him.

Lets try not to laugh at players being injuried. I for one was not expecting too much from Martinez because of his recent past. Pelfrey has to step up now for sure to show consistency and talent.

He hit 89 mph in the second.

I am not sure he broke 90 often as a Met.

he is about location, location, location. He grooved a couple of balls yesterday.

is he done? Certainly as the player we are accustomed to.

Pedro was hitting 86 yesterday

He might be toast

I thought when he lost a few mph he would be done. But he is a smart pitcher. He just has to stay healthy. Arm, elbows and shoulders are one thing. Pulled muscles? That is bad. That kind of stuff you can avoid. Sure it happens. But on the first start? Damn that sucks.

The Mets rotation will be fine. Without Pedro we can stop the talk about the best rotation in baseball. But they are still fine.

I thought when he lost a few mph he would be done. But he is a smart pitcher. He just has to stay healthy. Arm, elbows and shoulders are one thing. Pulled muscles? That is bad. That kind of stuff you can avoid. Sure it happens. But on the first start? Damn that sucks.

The Mets rotation will be fine. Without Pedro we can stop the talk about the best rotation in baseball. But they are still fine.

I didn't ever think they had the best rotation in baseball. Pedro is a 5, maybe 6 inning pitcher at this point in his career, how does that help the Mets out? They don't exactly have the greatest of bullpens, so it can't be good.

It was bound to happen for Pedro to get hurt, maybe not the first game of the season, but it was only a matter of time, and frankly better now than September, when they'll really need him.

who is to say he is going to stay healthy the rest of the way?

I will be worried about him all year.

Pedro was hitting 86 yesterday

He might be toast

Pedro's injury definitely hurts the team. Hopefully he's only out for a few weeks. Anyway, he doesn't need to throw 90+ to be successful. He's got a good enough change to be an extremely effective pitcher popping his fast ball in the high 80's. He's proven that in the past.

to be honest, the Mets are fine.

David Wright is going to have an MVP caliber season (he'll finish top 3 in voting) and probably hit for .300 and smack a good 40 HR and 110-120 RBI. Having Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran helps too. The rest of the Mets lineup is suspect for now.

Santana is going to get 20 wins if he stays healthy which his track record coincides with

John Maine should win 15 in my opinion.

the problems with the Mets are trading away young talent (Lastings Milledge is going to be playing with extra motivation staying in the NL East and playing the Mets 18 times a year)

Pedro's injury definitely hurts the team. Hopefully he's only out for a few weeks. Anyway, he doesn't need to throw 90+ to be successful. He's got a good enough change to be an extremely effective pitcher popping his fast ball in the high 80's. He's proven that in the past.

Report on Pedro is 4-6 weeks out. Sounds excessive for a slight hamstring pull if you ask me. His starts last year when he came off IR proved to me that he can pitch fine if he can stay healthy.

Report on Pedro is 4-6 weeks out. Sounds excessive for a slight hamstring pull if you ask me. His starts last year when he came off IR proved to me that he can pitch fine if he can stay healthy.

People have to remmber Pedro was a non-entity last year and the Mets won 90 games. Not good news but far from the end of the world- just give up on the season after two games will ya.

People have to remmber Pedro was a non-entity last year and the Mets won 90 games. Not good news but far from the end of the world- just give up on the season after two games will ya.

Thats a key reason why I don't think Mets fans should worry all that much. They're still by far the best team in the NL East, Just not as far.

I think the Milledge trade is a win win deal. The Mets don't need the distractions he provided and I think a change of scenery will serve him well too. His trade value had dropped like a rock the last 2 years.

His trade value did drop. But I dont think he would have been a distraction. Somehow the Yankees always won with asshats in the clubhouse.

I would much rather have Milledge over Church, Pagan and Brady Clark. I think Minaya really screwed the pooch on this one, but then again he and Willie are fighting for their jobs. This team must win now.

Archived