Lito Sheppard...

fatcatxl

What would you guys think of a trade where we sent our 1st for their 2nd and lito? I think it'd be worth it, giving us enough value to trade back into the bottom of round one or sit tight and take two players in round two, plus a pro-bowl corner. Any thoughts?

actually they had a deal on nfl network yesterday where talked to a few journalists and **** like that from four teams and chatted to one from philly and his ideal of whats gonna happen with sheppard. he believes that they are gonna hold onto him until draft day and then try to trade him off. unless jets willin to dish out a nice draft pick for him, but personally he's not worth what he wants. great player but has issues with staying healthy.

When are people going to realize that corners are no longer that important?

Since the "Ty Law rule" went into effect this has been the case. Look at all the recent Super Bowl champions. You win Super Bowls with pass rush. Whoever the corners happen to be is pretty irrelevant. I mean, if Jason David and Nick Harper can start for a Super Bowl winner, I am pretty sure we can make do with Revis and some JAG.

When are people going to realize that corners are no longer that important?

Since the "Ty Law rule" went into effect this has been the case. Look at all the recent Super Bowl champions. You win Super Bowls with pass rush. Whoever the corners happen to be is pretty irrelevant. I mean, if Jason David and Nick Harper can start for a Super Bowl winner, I am pretty sure we can make do with Revis and some JAG.

yeah, its too bad that we don't have peyton to make up for our defense though.

Archived