Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

WHen entering an entirely new system, yeah I think he does, especially since he isnt exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

ya sure about that? Is that because he speaks with an accent or did you come across some of his old IQ scores?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHen entering an entirely new system, yeah I think he does, especially since he isnt exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

They will just simplify the offense for him and feed him as the season goes on. Really it is not that big of a deal for someone as veteran as Favre. The reason is he already knows how to read defenses, he just needs to learn the offenses termenology.

Im w/ max...

Right now Im actually somewhat impartial to Favre coming here. I dont think him coming here makes us a superbowl contender over teams like NE, Indy, SD, etc...

However if the plan was to start Chad, Id rather see Favre back there if were gonna put in a vet, but if KC was supposed to get the start then see it out and lets find out if we have a franchise QB.

BUTTT....the thought of the Jets being associated w/ all the media time Favre gets is just making me really excited....

say what you want about pennington but it would make sense to couple him in a trade to Green Bay since they have a first year starter and two rookie QB's to back him up. Penny also played pretty well against that division in 06, i imagine they would like to have him as a back up to Rodgers.

say what you want about pennington but it would make sense to couple him in a trade to Green Bay since they have a first year starter and two rookie QB's to back him up. Penny also played pretty well against that division in 06, i imagine they would like to have him as a back up to Rodgers.

LMAO at Chad trying to throw the ball in those conditions. Send him to the vikings.

I have had mixed emotions about this and have not posted anything on Favre coming to the Jets, pro or con. But now that it looks like at least a possibility, I have to admit it is exciting. I really believe that Clemens has potential. That being said, I believe this team can win it all right now with an experienced QB of Favre's caliber. And Clemens is still young enough to benefit from another year or two being a backup. I have never believed that Coles and Cotchery are "just" possession receivers. The system that was built around Chad's lack of arm strength made them that. Watch what they can do with Favre throwing deep bullets.

If they can do it without mortgaging the jets future and only giving up, say a #2 and Chad, I am all for it.

Favre is due $12 million this year. Who, or many, do we release to fit him im

Favre has never been a system QB...he ignores the coachs calls and calls his own play most of the time.....

we are trying to build a winning franchise, not a one hit wonder.

As much as I like him, I do not want to see this happen. He is not the long term solution and all it will do is set back our younger QB's maturation.

Some of you said we can give them Chad...SURE, send the Broollyn Bridge too

some also said it would ease the pain of the expected PSL's..come on, who wants to pay all that loot for one season?

TANGINI, JUST SAY NO !!!

LMAO at Chad trying to throw the ball in those conditions. Send him to the vikings.

do you mean windy? cause cold he could handle...in the word 'handle' i mean he would do virtually no different than he does in warm weather.

Favre has never been a system QB...he ignores the coachs calls and calls his own play most of the time.....

Some of you said we can give them Chad...SURE, send the Broollyn Bridge too

ROFL!! :rl:

first...when did you hear that? I've never heard that and i watch every packer game, every year.

second...are you saying that Chad has some sort of tangible value that cannot be parted with? :rl: i love it!

You know what? This is going to happen. They will sign Favre and we will watch him play in 2 pre-season games. Then we get the PSL bill in the mail.

We won't even know what hit us...

I think thats a great plan they have cooked up. what do those bills look like anyway?

Favre is a Hall Of Fame QB- who on our roster can smell the Hall Of Fame. that is even after all these years playing no one can compare to him on our roster.

Smell? No one.

But if we still had Jay Fiedler, I am sure he could hear the Hall of Fame.

I know....why so grumpy?

not grumpy at all

If pennington is starting QB i will not watch games

I will a) play more golf (if possible)

B) increase sex life (adds about another 2 minutes)

c) take up antiquing

d) design some totes

Favre would be awesome to have for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!

Wr's will actually need gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!! :rl:

first...when did you hear that? I've never heard that and i watch every packer game, every year.

second...are you saying that Chad has some sort of tangible value that cannot be parted with? :rl: i love it!

well you may watch Packer games but apparently you don't comprehend what you read here. A few people in earlier threads said we should send Chad AND A 1ST for Favre. Get with the program

Who is Chad going to take deep in the playoffs? Huh?

Chad will find a home somewhere believe me. He is NO chump QB and with the luck this team has and the way stuff is played out I believe some team will pick him up and Chad will be playing in the playoffs this season. Bears and Vikings to name two teams.

Archived