Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame this all on the Packers, every single bit of it.

They want to move on but why won't they trade him? Because his value is a 1st rounder. If his value is a 1st rounder, WHY THE **** ISN'T HE STARTING FOR YOUR TEAM?

Yes but some teams envy a dynasty... Favre is not the guy... he will be done soon... and almost quit on his team once already... actually he did and now he is crawling back...

They are doing the smart thing... they are looking towards the future...

they should charge the vikings a #1 and just trade him there

the vikings would prob take it if they drop the tampering investigation

Yes but some teams envy a dynasty... Favre is not the guy... he will be done soon... and almost quit on his team once already... actually he did and now he is crawling back...

They are doing the smart thing... they are looking towards the future...

Not to be a dick but when are you going to say that about Pennington?

Favre is 3 times better than Pennington right now and I'm not being sarcastic, but yet you'll never admit that Pennington is done.

Not to be a dick but when are you going to say that about Pennington?

Favre is 3 times better than Pennington right now and I'm not being sarcastic, but yet you'll never admit that Pennington is done.

I will say that about Chad when there is real YOUNG competition for his job... so far he is the BEST option for this team.. whether that sucks or not for this season... we dont know yet....

The packers are confident Rodgers is their guy... the JETS are NOT confident Clemens is theirs...

I will say that about Chad when there is real YOUNG competition for his job... so far he is the BEST option for this team.. whether that sucks or not for this season... we dont know yet....

The packers are confident Rodgers is their guy... the JETS are NOT confident Clemens is theirs...

Why not Clemens?

He can actually stretch out the field and throw further than 30 yards. It's time to put Pennington on the practice squad.

Why not Clemens?

He can actually stretch out the field and throw further than 30 yards. It's time to put Pennington on the practice squad.

Clemens has proven NOTHING, and has not stepped up enough to keep Pennington (whom you all think SUCKS) at bay...

If he cant easily beat the worst starting QB in the NFL (Chad) what does that make him?

Clemens has proven NOTHING, and has not stepped up enough to keep Pennington (whom you all think SUCKS) at bay...

If he cant easily beat the worst starting QB in the NFL (Chad) what does that make him?

Pennington can no longer playy!! I'm tired of typing it. He's no longer good.

Ratliff > Pennington.

Pennington can no longer playy!! I'm tired of typing it. He's no longer good.

Ratliff > Pennington.

I believe Ratliff has a better shot of starting this year than Clemens does. From what I saw last year and have read so far this year I wouldn't be suprised if Clemens was cut by the end of the pre season to make room for Ainge.

Sterling Sharpe

Antonio Freeman

Robert Brooks

Donald Driver

Terry Glenn

Javon Walker

Greg Jennings

Jackie Harris

Mark Chmura

Keith Jackson

Bubba Franks

Yeah, these guys are a bunch of scrubs. No one good here.

If they are all only products of having Favre throw the ball to them, then by definition every WR who's ever started in GB must be good. We know that is not the case (Ferguson, etc.).

He's had some damn good receivers who did benefit from having a QB who could take advantage of their skill. That doesn't mean they're all talentless scrubs who wouldn't have amounted to anything with a different (decent) QB. These guys also had to have the kind of hands that could catch the ball when Favre would whip it in (frequently too hard) from 8 yards away for so many years. This is one aspect he's actually gotten better at later in his career. He was a f'ing mule earlier in his career with that & it was talked about all the time.

Just heard the Packers may have offered him $20 Million to NOT play again and stay retired.

$20 Million - To not get blindsided by 280lb NFL defenders?

Where do I sign up?

it's a good deal and he should take it-let's face it guys watching great QB's wearing uniforms they shouldn't be wearing never works out anyways-Unitas in a Chargers uni and Joe Willie a Rams...

Okay, I forgot about Sterling Sharpe. He was an outstanding receiver. But he and Favre only played together a couple of years right at the beginning of Favre's career. And look how great he did with Sharpe!

No question Antonio Freeman was a good receiver-but was he great? I haven't seen anyone think so. Ditto for Donald Driver. By the time Terry Glenn got there he was no longer the player he was early in his career-I'm not saying he had nothing left, just that he had gone down a level. That is why they got rid of him after a year.

He's had some nice tight ends to work with, that's nice.

I'm not saying the man has been surrounded by incompetence. It's just that when a QB hooks up with a great receiver, they both drive each other to higher heights of performance. And outside of that brief time with Sharpe, he hasn't had that. He's had some good people, but nobody on that level.

The Green Bay Packers, unable so far to trade Brett Favre and facing his arrival at training camp, are reportedly considering taking a step they desperately wanted to avoid: dealing him to a division rival.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing a source close to the situation, on Wednesday reported the Packers were considering seeking a deal with one of their rivals, most likely the Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears, if all else fails.

That follows reports that the Packers on Wednesday offered Favre a substantial sum of money -- as much as $20 million over several years -- to stay retired.

On Monday, Packers general manager Ted Thompson said the Packers would not trade Favre within the NFC North. Favre, who has asked the NFL to be reinstated, is reportedly interested in playing for the Vikings, who play the Packers to open their season on Monday Night Football on Sept. 8.

The Packers are committed to Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback of the future and are not considering Favre, who tearfully retired March 6th, returning to Green Bay as the starter.

NFC North blog

seifert_kevin_m.jpg ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

Sterling Sharpe

Antonio Freeman

Robert Brooks

Donald Driver

Terry Glenn

Javon Walker

Greg Jennings

Jackie Harris

Mark Chmura

Keith Jackson

Bubba Franks

None of those players, with the exception of Driver & Sharpe, are #1 Receivers anywhere else. Terry Glenn is a solid #2, as is/were Javon Walker, Antonio Freeman and Greg Jennings

Green Bay is not offering money for him to save his reputation. They do not care at all about Brett Favre or his reputation. If they cared about Brett Favre they would do what he wants and give him a chance to play elsewhere, whether it be the Jets, Bucs, Vikings, Bears, whatever, wherever. They should've just granted him his release or they should've already taken an offer that was probably around a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. Why they think they're entitled to a 1st round draft pick is beyond me.

Once again, they obviously believe that they are a better team without Brett Favre in 2008 and beyond or else they would've taken him back and put him in as the starting Quarterback. If thats the case, and it is, then you should not be scared of him potentially landing in Minnesota if you were to release him or if they gave you the best deal. You think you're Super Bowl bound and ready to win a championship without him? Good for you, then let him go. Trade him or release him already, enough dicking around. If you're scared of him beating you in the regular season or postseason, keep him and start him because that means you fear him more than you fear Rodgers.

its 8million on top of his 12 million, if he takes it i loose all respect for him.but that could bye a lot of vicodin. he will be a bear or a viking.he has got the commish on his side. didnt he admit to being on vicodin for 3 years? shouldnt there be an asterick next to his name for consecutive games played?

Archived