Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The latest report from ESPN news is that Favre is considering the Packers deal to stay retired.

No mention of a trade. No mention of the Jets.

NFL Network, a much better station to tune into with things like these, recently reported LIVE by Scott Hanson about the Jets & Packers serious talks and they are indeed on going.

Screw ESPN. I'll believe NFL Network, PFT and Rotoworld.

I think its safe to say, the Jet fans will agree with me.. Espn is upset that it wont be the Farve led Vikes against the Pack.. because of the ratings.. John Clayton is second tier he does not even rank first at his network.. Mike Smith is a better source than he is... Clayton is a tool and I would not believe to much he says.. :character0293:

I can't, unless 8-8 or so gets a top 10 pick..

This team is build for 8 wins with Pennington at QB.. maybe more if the ball bounces right.. Now with someone like Favre, I think that expands to 10 but Pennington wouldn't go 4-12 with this team... He's a good game manager.... However if you force him to win it, then you are in trouble. However, the Jets are not going to need their QB to WIN IT every week... just not LOSE IT.

You just described pretty much every team with a mediocre QB. In the NFL, you're supposed to go 8-8 unless you have a real widespread failure in team construction and/or really bad luck. If your QB is atrocious on top of that, you'll struggle to win 4 games. If you get good luck, you win 10.

The teams with good QBs rarely finish worse than 8-8 even if their teams are bad, but usually they do quite a bit better. If Favre plays at the level he did last year, this team can win 11+, and with luck maybe 13. It's a good team, with no QB.

You just described pretty much every team with a mediocre QB. In the NFL, you're supposed to go 8-8 unless you have a real widespread failure in team construction and/or really bad luck. If your QB is atrocious on top of that, you'll struggle to win 4 games. If you get good luck, you win 10.

The teams with good QBs rarely finish worse than 8-8 even if their teams are bad, but usually they do quite a bit better. If Favre plays at the level he did last year, this team can win 11+, and with luck maybe 13. It's a good team, with no QB.

Agreed...

Jets with "average" QB: 8-8 (read Pennington)

Jets with "good" QB: 10-6 (read Favre)

Jets with "bad" QB: 5-11 (read Clemens)

Nothing! A 3rd rounder? 4th rounder?

I could careless, I'm sick and tired of our QB's. We need him more than any other team. It just makes all the sense in the world to me.

Vikes would be more likely to win with him than us imo. That team is one good QB away from a dynasty, even if they need to rent one every year.

Us...not so much.

Vikes would be more likely to win with him than us imo. That team is one good QB away from a dynasty, even if they need to rent one every year.

Us...not so much.

I agree, but the Vikings D is better than ours and they can afford to have a QB who's not in the Top 20 or whatever.

I love the Jets D but when it comes to week 1, both you and I don't know how it's going to go.

Agreed...

Jets with "average" QB: 8-8 (read Pennington)

Jets with "good" QB: 10-6 (read Favre)

Jets with "bad" QB: 5-11 (read Clemens)

Mr. Talent Evaluator:

What would be the Jets record if they had a top 32 CB instead of a bum like Revis?

I don't understand everyone jumping off the edge here. Nobody has said the he is for sure accepting the money and nobody for sure is saying that he will decline the offer and then be traded to the Jets. Granted, those are the two options, but I for one am going to remain optimistic that he will turn down the deal and come to New York.

:sign0013:I can speak for most NFL fans, the last month it will all be about him getting a marketing deal to sit at home:sign0013:

He is a goof it this is true.. All this attention for this crap, its bs... Sorry Espn , Peter King, NFL network should be hung for potraying this guy into a hero.. He is a ASS:banned:

Brady 4 sb apperences 3 rings

Lord Farve 2 SB apperences 1 win..

lost the last 4 playoff games all by himself..

need I go on..

Lord Fave is dead, long live god brady:banned:

I do agree with you 99.9% but I don't think Favre is dead.

I agree, but the Vikings D is better than ours and they can afford to have a QB who's not in the Top 20 or whatever.

I love the Jets D but when it comes to week 1, both you and I don't know how it's going to go.

I'm more worried about the offense in all honesty. First we don't have a QB. Second, even with a QB, that O-line won't gel until maybe Week 8 at the earliest. People are gonna abandon ship by game 4, and the media is going to fuel that fire by writing articles about the high priced FA busts after only 4 weeks, which could harm the team, unless they somehow avoid all media coverage. Well, they are in NJ now, maybe that will help a little. My hope, and I believe I actually had this projected, was something like 2-3 by Week 5, and then we start getting on a roll after that. I should bookmark my predictions now so when they happen I can say I told you so or something. I think I have us from 11-13 wins as long as Chad doesn't start, and if he does start I guess maybe we get 8-10 wins. That's right, I have more faith in Clemens, even though he sucks right now, winning games towards the end of the season than I do Chad. I have us losing those first few weeks anyway so what is the difference if we win an extra game early on, when the end of the season will matter more.

Brady 4 sb apperences 3 rings

Lord Farve 2 SB apperences 1 win..

lost the last 4 playoff games all by himself..

need I go on..

Lord Fave is dead, long live god brady:banned:

Uh, the only reason Brady has any rings is because his team cheats. If the Pats were up against that Broncos team, they'd have lost too. Shanahan always changes his signals so that the Pats can't cheat. And the Giants changed everything for that Super Bowl. If every team had 2 weeks to change all their signals and come up with new ****, the Cheatriots would probably go 0-16 every year, seeing as how the Pats lost all 3 times when teams took cheating into account (Jets after the buy win 17-14 with Chad Pennington no less as QB, Broncos win pretty much all the time, Giants win Super Bowl by faking everything and secretly practicing elsewhere). What a ****ing joke of a franchise. What a ****ing joke the NFL is for that bull**** punishment. You try that crap in the Olympics and you lose all your medals and get a lifetime ban.

I'm more worried about the offense in all honesty. First we don't have a QB. Second, even with a QB, that O-line won't gel until maybe Week 8 at the earliest. People are gonna abandon ship by game 4, and the media is going to fuel that fire by writing articles about the high priced FA busts after only 4 weeks, which could harm the team, unless they somehow avoid all media coverage. Well, they are in NJ now, maybe that will help a little. My hope, and I believe I actually had this projected, was something like 2-3 by Week 5, and then we start getting on a roll after that. I should bookmark my predictions now so when they happen I can say I told you so or something. I think I have us from 11-13 wins as long as Chad doesn't start, and if he does start I guess maybe we get 8-10 wins. That's right, I have more faith in Clemens, even though he sucks right now, winning games towards the end of the season than I do Chad. I have us losing those first few weeks anyway so what is the difference if we win an extra game early on, when the end of the season will matter more.

Uh, the only reason Brady has any rings is because his team cheats. If the Pats were up against that Broncos team, they'd have lost too. Shanahan always changes his signals so that the Pats can't cheat. And the Giants changed everything for that Super Bowl. If every team had 2 weeks to change all their signals and come up with new ****, the Cheatriots would probably go 0-16 every year, seeing as how the Pats lost all 3 times when teams took cheating into account (Jets after the buy win 17-14 with Chad Pennington no less as QB, Broncos win pretty much all the time, Giants win Super Bowl by faking everything and secretly practicing elsewhere). What a ****ing joke of a franchise. What a ****ing joke the NFL is for that bull**** punishment. You try that crap in the Olympics and you lose all your medals and get a lifetime ban.

Oh no question about it, what worries me is the QB situation. I'm not to scared about the offensive line, just because we got two vets and a center who is having a monster career thus far.

It's just this QB situation that I'm worried about. Nothing else to be honest.

Both the Milwaukee Gazzette (who reported earlier that the Jets were close to a deal involving Favre), and ESPN are reporting that Favre has ZERO interest in playing for the Jets, and will not report if a trade goes through.

The Gazette also quoted Favre's agent as saying "Brett knows where he stands, and he has communicated with Thompson and the Packers management about what he wants. He remains open to the possibility of playing for Green Bay, but since that currently seems to be impossible he is considering a different offer by the team. If he is traded, he wants to stay local and remain in the division."

My hope, and I believe I actually had this projected, was something like 2-3 by Week 5, and then we start getting on a roll after that. I should bookmark my predictions now so when they happen I can say I told you so or something. I think I have us from 11-13 wins as long as Chad doesn't start, and if he does start I guess maybe we get 8-10 wins. That's right, I have more faith in Clemens.....

That's some faith. If you are predicting a 13 win season after a 2-3 start, then Clemens would have to win every single game after that 2-3 point. Even your low number would require him to win 9 out of 11 games. You are basically saying that Clemens is an elite QB right now, this year.

Both the Milwaukee Gazzette (who reported earlier that the Jets were close to a deal involving Favre), and ESPN are reporting that Favre has ZERO interest in playing for the Jets, and will not report if a trade goes through.

The Gazette also quoted Favre's agent as saying "Brett knows where he stands, and he has communicated with Thompson and the Packers management about what he wants. He remains open to the possibility of playing for Green Bay, but since that currently seems to be impossible he is considering a different offer by the team. If he is traded, he wants to stay local and remain in the division."

This guy is a piece of work. He knows that he isn't a free agent right?

I hope they keep him and cut him on the last day of camp. He can go to the Bears and start the opener with one day of practice.

Archived