Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay is retarded to do this..Keeping him around and that loooong shadow he will cast over everything and everybody.anytime Rogers has a bad game the bring Brett out of retirement will come up..Now my understanding is he really has the itch to play. Apparently 20 mill will cure the itch...To me it makes him a bit of a phoney and convinces me even more "Brett is all about Brett" he just held the Packer Organization hostage. I can't believe GB Packers are paying him 20 MILL to be a greeter at the front door..God bless America!

Where is the child like enthusiasm now? The rationale for him coming back was his love of the game. He certainly doesn't need the money. But apparently he doesn't love the game enough to play anywhere but a in a small market with cold weather and a championship caliber team that needs a quarterback. And if he doesn't get his wish, he's basically going to hold the Packers organization hostage for 20 million.

True. But as a capitalist I gotta respect that he's in the same situation he was in 2 months ago but just made another $20M for doing nothing.

Maybe he's not so dumb after all.

Ohh not dumb SE but it shoots to hell the every where all american boy who just wants to play some football..unless...The Packers are getting played and I have to believe some GB players are saying WTF.

**** that

i wakes up at 830 to pop bottles cuz he supposed 2 be traded

now that cat retire

farve betta not come 2 my hood

he get a ass whooppin

dudes a drama queen

dear mods. please suspend my account for a while. I think I just agreed with kobe.

I need to step back

**** that

i wakes up at 830 to pop bottles cuz he supposed 2 be traded

now that cat retire

farve betta not come 2 my hood

he get a ass whooppin

dudes a drama queen

your hood? why don't you go pop something else, like maybe 50 oxy's

True. But as a capitalist I gotta respect that he's in the same situation he was in 2 months ago but just made another $20M for doing nothing.

Maybe he's not so dumb after all.

Dan Marino just drank a slim fast in preparation of his 2pm press conference to announce his comeback.

Terry Bradshaw is monitoring the situation closely.

somebody please clear this up.

After reading articles is the only thing separating us and Favre is the 20 million to retire right?

basically if he rejects that hes gonna be a jet?

Yes, you'll rinally have the HOF running back that you've been waiting for....

How STUPID are the packers. What would you rather have? 20 less million dollars OR a free draft pick?

Favre said in a text message he wants to play in the division(bears or vikings)

So the packers would rather spend 20 milion then play favre 2x a year.

so the pack actually are smart. they would be geniuses if they sent him to a team in the AFC that plays in NY :D

I'm more worried about the offense in all honesty. First we don't have a QB. Second, even with a QB, that O-line won't gel until maybe Week 8 at the earliest. People are gonna abandon ship by game 4, and the media is going to fuel that fire by writing articles about the high priced FA busts after only 4 weeks, which could harm the team, unless they somehow avoid all media coverage. Well, they are in NJ now, maybe that will help a little. My hope, and I believe I actually had this projected, was something like 2-3 by Week 5, and then we start getting on a roll after that. I should bookmark my predictions now so when they happen I can say I told you so or something. I think I have us from 11-13 wins as long as Chad doesn't start, and if he does start I guess maybe we get 8-10 wins. That's right, I have more faith in Clemens, even though he sucks right now, winning games towards the end of the season than I do Chad. I have us losing those first few weeks anyway so what is the difference if we win an extra game early on, when the end of the season will matter more.

I don't think Jersey will make a difference. The Giants moved there and still get plenty of scrutiny. Of course with the Giants the Jets will still always be second class in the press. I'm not that worried about a slow start. If there's one thing I have confidence in Mangini it's not losing the team. They sucked last year, but I never felt they quit. I think the fans quit and will quit again, but the team seemed to play hard and stay in games. I think 10 games is pretty optimistic with any QB. Even Favre. That's a six game turnaround. Like you, I just hope they are gelling and can make some noise in the playoffs.

This guy is a piece of work. He knows that he isn't a free agent right?

I hope they keep him and cut him on the last day of camp. He can go to the Bears and start the opener with one day of practice.

...and still be a huge improvement.

How STUPID are the packers. What would you rather have? 20 less million dollars OR a free draft pick?

Beyond stupid. I would rather GIVE the jets a draft pick, give Favre some money and do anything else I could do to make a trade with an AFC team happen vs leting him go to a division rival, have him in the lockerroom as a backup or pay him $20 million to stay home.

Or, GOD forbid, start him another year. Is Rogers really that good? He is certainly still young and can wait another year. And Favre still has plenty of time to be ready for the regular season with the packers. Another team/system could be a problem at this point.

Favre is an a$$ for causing all of this the way he did, but the Packers are really looking bad at the way they are handling it.

The way he has done this is an insult to the packers organization, his teammates and the fans that adore him. Particularly if it is true that he wants to play for the Vikings so bad. If he just misses football, go play for the Bucs or Jets.

Beyond stupid. I would rather GIVE the jets a draft pick, give Favre some money and do anything else I could do to make a trade with an AFC team happen vs leting him go to a division rival, have him in the lockerroom as a backup or pay him $20 million to stay home.

Or, GOD forbid, start him another year. Is Rogers really that good? He is certainly still young and can wait another year. And Favre still has plenty of time to be ready for the regular season with the packers. Another team/system could be a problem at this point.

Favre is an a$$ for causing all of this the way he did, but the Packers are really looking bad at the way they are handling it.

agree but you left out the jets. we look pretty bad as well. chase after someone who doesn't wanna be here at leasts lets the qb's on the squad know you think they suck. great move here

This is all so stupid. If the Packers are willing to give this guy $20 million to stay retired it tells me they think he can come back and play at a high level, which in that case I wonder why they dont want the guy to play for them.

Total circus.

agree but you left out the jets. we look pretty bad as well. chase after someone who doesn't wanna be here at leasts lets the qb's on the squad know you think they suck. great move here

Not that I believe anything I hear anymore, but supposedly the packers approached the jets. And Mr. T has always said they will leave no rock unturned. So, if a HOF QB suddenly becomes available and your existing choices are not exactly lighting it up, I can't blame him for at least showing some interest. If Chad and Clemens are upset about this, if I was Chad I would try to complete some downfield passes and if I was Kellen I would try to stop throwing interceptions instead of reading the papers.

all this guy is to the game is a distraction-friggin take your 20 million dollars and go the **** away for once. This guy is the biggest diva I've ever seen play the game-EVER....40 plus years of watching this game and nobody has been worse than he has. He's not even a member of the Jets and he's STILL a distraction...Go.AWAY. I'll take my chances with Clemens thank you very much

Not that I believe anything I hear anymore, but supposedly the packers approached the jets. And Mr. T has always said they will leave no rock unturned. So, if a HOF QB suddenly becomes available and your existing choices are not exactly lighting it up, I can't blame him for at least showing some interest. If Chad and Clemens are upset about this, if I was Chad I would try to complete some downfield passes and if I was Kellen I would try to stop throwing interceptions instead of reading the papers.

So true- if we had Brady as our QB this all would be moot.

The way he has done this is an insult to the packers organization, his teammates and the fans that adore him. Particularly if it is true that he wants to play for the Vikings so bad. If he just misses football, go play for the Bucs or Jets.

I could not agree more. He is an attention seeking POS who just needs to go the **** away.

Archived