Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this just proves that brett favre is not in love with football as much as he leads us to believe. he just loves having his ass kissed and having the spotlight on him.

Of course, if you buy into the "love for the game" BS... your just a sucker... with any player...

The way he has done this is an insult to the packers organization, his teammates and the fans that adore him. Particularly if it is true that he wants to play for the Vikings so bad. If he just misses football, go play for the Bucs or Jets.

It's the other way around, Favre wants to play football and your giving him a contract to stay retired?

Favre is arguably the best QB off all-time. Play the F'ing man.

It's the other way around, Favre wants to play football and your giving him a contract to stay retired?

Favre is arguably the best QB off all-time. Play the F'ing man.

Oh, believe me, the Packers have played this ridiculously bad. Brat Favre is a selfish ahole and the Packers are idiots. It is a perfect storm.

Brett Farve is SCARED to come to New York!!!

He knows if he throws his garbage picks to lose big games here the way he has been doing for years in Greenbay, that he will get roasted for it.

He really showed his true colors, what a BITCH!!!

Sounds like he wants no part of the Jets, why should any of us want anyhting to do with him/her?

It does not look like he wants to play that bad after all, he's so full of SH*T!!!

He should just come out and say it, he'll come back if he can have everything go exactly his way.

What he is doing to the organization, players and fans he was apart of his entire career is distasteful and disgraceful, you can have his sorry ASS!!!

Brett Farve is SCARED to come to New York!!!

He knows if he throws his garbage picks to lose big games here the way he has been doing for years in Greenbay, that he will get roasted for it.

He really showed his true colors, what a BITCH!!!

Sounds like he wants no part of the Jets, why should any of us want anyhting to do with him/her?

It does not look like he wants to play that bad after all, he's so full of SH*T!!!

He should just come out and say it, he'll come back if he can have everything go exactly his way.

What he is doing to the organization, players and fans he was apart of his entire career is distasteful and disgraceful, you can have his sorry ASS!!!

You got it.

No matter how this plays out, he has destroyed his golden legacy with the Packers, and really, the entire NFL. Enjoy the cash, you turd, you just went from being football's Cal Ripkin to being football's Barry Bonds. A legend to a leper.

Amazing how a little media manipulation can change people's attitude 180 degrees in just a few days.

The way these things are normally handled is that when a revered player wants to play more years after their club can really use them, a trade is arranged. Usually to a team outside the club's division, so they won't have to play each other. This is what was done with Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Joe Montana-probably the three greatest QBs in history.

Favre was already talking about coming back in March, before the draft. That's when Green Bay made their offer about $20 million over ten years for him not to come back. If Green Bay had just gotten on the horn and called people then, chances are a satisfactory trade could have been worked out which satisfies both parties. Then the club which got Favre could draft accordingly-for instance, getting rid of it's old QB and drafting a brand new kid who would sit on the bench for a year or two until Favre retires.

Instead, things putz around until the beginning of training camp, when it is not so easy to accommodate a new team leader. And to top it off Green Bay throws a second round draft choice requirement into the mix. You have to seriously doubt that Green Bay ever truly made an honest effort to accommodate Favre. It certainly looks like they did just enough to CLAIM they were trying to accommodate him-while actually dragging their feet so that prospective deals are sabotaged.

Incidentally, isn't Favre scheduled to make $12 million if he comes back, even to sit on the bench while Rodgers starts? Well, that "$20 milliion deal" that GB offered Favre was really just an annuity, since Favre's duties are likely to be pretty perfunctory-maybe make a few speeches a year and endorse a couple of products.

I am not a financial type, but I do know that the upfront cash equivalent of an annuity is usually much less than half the claimed amount. Money paid years in the future does not count as much as money paid today or even next year. So that deal GB offered Favre to stay retired is likely equivalent to $8 million upfront, while the Packers would have to pay Favre $12 million if he shows up at camp, as per his contract.

Amazing how a little media manipulation can change people's attitude 180 degrees in just a few days.

The way these things are normally handled is that when a revered player wants to play more years after their club can really use them, a trade is arranged. Usually to a team outside the club's division, so they won't have to play each other. This is what was done with Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Joe Montana-probably the three greatest QBs in history.

Favre was already talking about coming back in March, before the draft. That's when Green Bay made their offer about $20 million over ten years for him not to come back. If Green Bay had just gotten on the horn and called people then, chances are a satisfactory trade could have been worked out which satisfies both parties. Then the club which got Favre could draft accordingly-for instance, getting rid of it's old QB and drafting a brand new kid who would sit on the bench for a year or two until Favre retires.

Instead, things putz around until the beginning of training camp, when it is not so easy to accommodate a new team leader. And to top it off Green Bay throws a second round draft choice requirement into the mix. You have to seriously doubt that Green Bay ever truly made an honest effort to accommodate Favre. It certainly looks like they did just enough to CLAIM they were trying to accommodate him-while actually dragging their feet so that prospective deals are sabotaged.

Even so, Farve has takers right now, and he refuses to be dealt.

He wants to go to a team in his own division, he is SCARED to come to New York!!!

The Jets and Tampa would trade for him, and Greenbay would move him, it's the Golden Brett that is holding things up!

Favre only has a year, perhaps two, left and he wants it to be the right fit.

Maybe he figures the Jets are more than a year away from contention. That's his right, isn't it? Maybe something else is wrong with the deal the Jets are offering from either Favre's or Green Bay's side. Point is, if Green Bay had shopped him around in March before the draft, there would be a lot more takers than just us and Tampa Bay.

Favre only has a year, perhaps two, left and he wants it to be the right fit.

Maybe he figures the Jets are more than a year away from contention. That's his right, isn't it? Maybe something else is wrong with the deal the Jets are offering from either Favre's or Green Bay's side. Point is, if Green Bay had shopped him around in March before the draft, there would be a lot more takers than just us and Tampa Bay.

True, but is it Brett's Right? I thought Greenbay paid through the nose for his rights? If he does not like the deal he gets now, he should just retire already!!!

It is not Brett's absolute right to be treated like Unitas, Namath and Montana, no. But he is a player of similar stature and Green Bay is certainly going around pulling it's "Oh poor us, look what Brett Favre is doing to us" routine, aren't they?

When Favre started talking about coming back in March, this whole thing sure looks like they could have cleared it up right then and there, if Green Bay had put their minds to it.

Incidentally it might not be Favre's right to be treated like other revered players, in all sports, but it probably is his right to show up at camp if he wants. Which Green Bay is crying heartily about.

It is not Brett's absolute right to be treated like Unitas, Namath and Montana, no. But he is a player of similar stature and Green Bay is certainly going around pulling it's "Oh poor us, look what Brett Favre is doing to us" routine, aren't they?

When Favre started talking about coming back in March, this whole thing sure looks like they could have cleared it up right then and there, if Green Bay had put their minds to it.

Incidentally it might not be Favre's right to be treated like other revered players, in all sports, but it probably is his right to show up at camp if he wants. Which Green Bay is crying heartily about.

I agree with you on Greenbay not being innoicent in this, and they did miss handle the situation.

But Farve is acting like a bitch, he wants them to cut him, so he could sign with who he wants to. Well he retired, and Greenbay paid what he said his rights were worth.

So if he does not like who he is being traded to, then he should have stayed retired, no?

Regardless he is scared to come to New York, he says he wants to play becasue he loves the game, but he acts like he loves getting his ass kissed and the media attenton much more.

He comes across like a diva and a media whore, and even though Greenbay may have dropped the ball at first, he did retire before that and he is tarnishing his legacy IMO.

Sad in regards to how he played the game, and that he will probably end up getting his way, when all is said and done.

Screwing the Packers royally and playing against them this year, even if they deserve it for mis handeling the situation, Farve still looks like a bitch!!!

I agree with you Jade Green-in fact how many of us here on the boards were saying all the same stuff about Farve for the past 3 years? Every last game of the season we are forced to watch him crying because of how much he loves his team mates, and then forced to NOT watch a month of tributes to "The Legend' on ESPN and on the NFLN afternoons are wasted on insignificant games from 1999. We all sit at our computers laughing at this clown and now we WANT him on OUR team? Who needs the distraction...not this Jets fan.

The way I look at it is:

A. A player of Favre's stature has the right to "unretire" if he wants to. After all, the last time he "unretired" he led the Packers to within an overtime of the SuperBowl, losing to the eventual champion. If I'm a club owner, I'll take an "unretirement" with those results anytime.

B. Favre is perfectly willing to report to Green Bay and honor his contract. But Green Bay never intended to pay him $12 million to sit on the bench-they surely would have traded him or done what clubs normally do to revered players, let him make a deal with whoever wants him. Normally that deal is made with a club outside Green Bay's division.

C. Favre indicated he wanted to come back well before the draft, when it would have been much easier for a team to get ready for a new leader of the offense. Green Bay not only offers a lame-ass annuity type deal not really worth that much instead-it doesn't move to get Favre traded. When they belatedly do move, they demand a second round pick from the new club!

Yeah, poor Green Bay-they REALLY are working to get Favre traded.

Then GB bitches when Favre says, "Okay, if you aren't that interested in trading me, I'll report as per contract". And suddenly THAT is considered dirty pool on Favre's side.

I agree with you Jade Green-in fact how many of us here on the boards were saying all the same stuff about Farve for the past 3 years? Every last game of the season we are forced to watch him crying because of how much he loves his team mates, and then forced to NOT watch a month of tributes to "The Legend' on ESPN and on the NFLN afternoons are wasted on insignificant games from 1999. We all sit at our computers laughing at this clown and now we WANT him on OUR team? Who needs the distraction...not this Jets fan.
I agree, the reason any of us would consider him is only because our QB situation sucks.

I don't like the sh*t he pulled, and if he does not want any part of the Jets screw him.

The way I look at it is:

A. A player of Favre's stature has the right to "unretire" if he wants to. After all, the last time he "unretired" he led the Packers to within an overtime of the SuperBowl, losing to the eventual champion. If I'm a club owner, I'll take an "unretirement" with those results anytime.

B. Favre is perfectly willing to report to Green Bay and honor his contract. But Green Bay never intended to pay him $12 million to sit on the bench-they surely would have traded him or done what clubs normally do to revered players, let him make a deal with whoever wants him. Normally that deal is made with a club outside Green Bay's division.

C. Favre indicated he wanted to come back well before the draft, when it would have been much easier for a team to get ready for a new leader of the offense. Green Bay not only offers a lame-ass annuity type deal not really worth that much instead-it doesn't move to get Favre traded. When they belatedly do move, they demand a second round pick from the new club!

Yeah, poor Green Bay-they REALLY are working to get Favre traded.

Then GB bitches when Favre says, "Okay, if you aren't that interested in trading me, I'll report as per contract". And suddenly THAT is considered dirty pool on Favre's side.

How many times are you going to keep repeating the same thing, and ignoring the fact that Brett is refusing to talk to the teams who are intrested in trading for him???

He is acting like a bitch!!!

Greenbay does not have to trade him where he wants to go or release him, they paid what he wanted for his rights, they can trade him where they see fit, unless he has some kind of no trade clause.

I already said Greenbay was not innocent, but that does not excuse Farve from being a total bitch in the situation.

He is scared to come to New York, he knows he will get rosted by the media here if he blows games the way he did in the NFC championship.

I realize there are less teams intrested now, but that's his fault he was retired till now, duh!!!

He has a relationship with Gruden and Tampa wants him, why is he refusing to work anything out with them?

He loves the game, he is itching to play, so whos fault is it that he was retired and now only a few teams are intrested?

He wants his way, and he wants it now, just like any other bitch!!!

PS: As stated before, Favre knows he only has a year or two left, and he wants to spend it with a team with a shot at the SuperBowl this year.

If Green Bay had moved him in March, he probably could have had that with a team outside Green Bay's division.

But GB didn't move on it, now the only teams with a shot at the SuperBowl are in Green Bay's division. And Green Bay doesn't want him to sit on their bench either.

If Green Bay doesn't want him even as a backup, then they ought to let him go. Or get ready to pay him $12 million to sit on the bench.

Screw Green Bay.

They are headed to a place where they will be paying a great QB $12 million to sit on the bench and it will be entirely their own fault.

Other clubs don't seem to have trouble handling this situation.

For the 3rd time I agree with that, but it does not excuse the fact that Brett retired and now that there are only a few teams intrested that Greenbay who owns his rights are willing to deal him to,

Brett is refusing to negaotiate with them.

He is acting like a bitch, trying to get his own way, have you ever been with a women?

Man you are dense!!!

I think the crux of our conflict is this: you think that Favre's temporary retirement is the reason Green Bay cannot find a SuperBowl contender this year outside GB's division for Favre to go to. So Favre should negotiate with whatever non-SB contenders are willing to talk to him. And who might be willing to part with a second round draft choice, by the way.

My feeling is this: If Green Bay had gotten busy in March before the draft and had not put that second round draft choice in the mix, they very likely would have found a SB contender outside their division for Favre to go to. Probably more than one.

In which case, since Green Bay screwed the pooch on this, they can just pay Favre $12 million to sit or let him go to Minnesota and say hello to Adrian Peterson and Bernard Berrian.

I think the crux of our conflict is this: you think that Favre's temporary retirement is the reason Green Bay cannot find a SuperBowl contender this year outside GB's division for Favre to go to. So Favre should negotiate with whatever non-SB contenders are willing to talk to him. And who might be willing to part with a second round draft choice, by the way.

My feeling is this: If Green Bay had gotten busy in March before the draft and had not put that second round draft choice in the mix, they very likely would have found a SB contender outside their division for Favre to go to. Probably more than one.

In which case, since Green Bay screwed the pooch on this, they can just pay Favre $12 million to sit or let him go to Minnesota and say hello to Adrian Peterson and Bernard Berrian.

That's all fine and good, but you still are ignoring the fact that Farve was retired in March, so why should have Greenbay been doing anything?

Whos fault is it that Brettina can not make up his damn mind?

Just saw this on Rotoworld...

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Brett Favre is leaning against accepting the Packers $20 million "marketing" offer.

Favre is reportedly apprehensive about the deal because he knows he still wants to play football. Though Favre does not want to put his (former) teammates in a bad spot by creating a circus atmosphere, Werder believes it's possible that Favre will report to training camp.

Archived